Canada issues new rules Feb 28

HappyInVan

14 minutes ago, AandBmom said:

where are you buying them?  trying to figure out where to get them while we're traveling.  Get them shipped to hotel?

They will only ship the Switch Tests to Canada.  There should be US tests that are similar but I have never looked.

1 hour ago, broberts said:

Reading what? The minister has said we have to wait for cruise regulations. There is nothing to read.

It seems to me that if GOC and provincial stakeholders want to have cruising this year, some reasonable  accommodations will have to be made. 

Until cruise regulations are announced, it seems to me that speculation is pointless.

I took this to be the new guidelines. If not, there is still hope for more relaxed rules since I don’t imagine cruise lines will want to test all passengers for a short stop in Victoria. Hopefully more information is released soon so the cruise lines, tour companies and passengers can make plans.

19 minutes ago, broberts said:

I'm done. I'm sick and tired of reading sob stories about those that disregarded travel advisories and are now crying about the consequences of doing so.

Bravo!!! 🏆

Tom Brokaw, the American newscaster did a series a few years ago about the generation of Americans who endured the Second World War. He called them The Greatest Generation. If Tom had read the various Cruise Critic boards over the past year that I have, and watched all the news reports from all over Canada and the U.S. I'm convinced Tom would call our generation  The Whiniest Generation.

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, CKCruising said:

So my understanding is:

Positive PCR test - wait 10 days.  No other options?

Positive Antigen test - wait for negative antigen test.  They suggest a PCR test to start the clock, but if you get a PCR test, then you are forced to wait the 10 days?

Going through ArriveCAN, it only asks if you have a valid negative test.  Based on that, I would say if you get a negative Antigen Test, you don't have to wait the 10 days (Assuming you symptoms are gone, the CDC quarantine is 5 days, so between days 6 and 10)?

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, AandBmom said:

where are you buying them?  trying to figure out where to get them while we're traveling.  Get them shipped to hotel?

I am buying mine ahead of time.  
I will also have some self administered tests and plan to see if the company that offers online proctoring using your own tests would work. 
Otherwise I am planning to use free testing options once past the required self isolation phase.  
And my back up plan is to order online and shipped to hotel. 

This is what I found of on the government of canada web site:

• if you had a positive antigen test result, you must either:
    • wait until you obtain a negative antigen test result,
    • obtain a positive molecular test result to use after 10 days have passed from the date the molecular test was taken, or
    • obtain a negative molecular test result which can be used within 72 hours of your scheduled flight or entry to Canada by land or water

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/covid-vaccinated-travellers-entering-canada

41 minutes ago, AandBmom said:

But I can ship to my house here and bring them ?  

I haven't checked if you can ship them to Canada.  My plan is to have them express shipped to the hotel I am at, assuming I'll have to stay a couple of days. 
But in the past I have purchased other things and had it shipped to the hotel I was planning to stay at before I even arrived.  I just call the hotel ahead of time. 
Shipping to Canada sucks.  Haha

8 minutes ago, 1kaper said:

I haven't checked if you can ship them to Canada.  My plan is to have them express shipped to the hotel I am at, assuming I'll have to stay a couple of days. 
But in the past I have purchased other things and had it shipped to the hotel I was planning to stay at before I even arrived.  I just call the hotel ahead of time. 
Shipping to Canada sucks.  Haha

when are you going?  I'm hoping you can be the guinea pig 🙂

18 minutes ago, CCBB said:

This is what I found of on the government of canada web site:

• if you had a positive antigen test result, you must either:
    • wait until you obtain a negative antigen test result,
    • obtain a positive molecular test result to use after 10 days have passed from the date the molecular test was taken, or
    • obtain a negative molecular test result which can be used within 72 hours of your scheduled flight or entry to Canada by land or water

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/covid-vaccinated-travellers-entering-canada

Interesting.  So keep doing antigen tests until you have a negative one. 

56 minutes ago, AandBmom said:

But I can ship to my house here and bring them ?  

The Switch Health and Azova tests can absolutely be purchased ahead of time and shipped to your house, then you take them with you on vacation and do the telehealth visit at the appropriate time while you are away.

Emed and the other US vendors will only ship within the States, so you’d have to get those shipped to your hotel.  Bringing some Switch/Azova tests with you seems easier.

If you have a car (rental or willing taxi?) you can get a free test at Walgreens.  They are available for Canadians, just use your hotel address.

https://flytrippers.com/update-on-free-testing-at-walgreens-in-the-us-my-february-12-2022-test/

There are also free and paid testing concierge services such as BeeperMD that will come to your hotel and test you, reviews for those vary.  I haven’t tried them myself since Walgreens is free and so easy.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bookbabe said:

The Switch Health and Azova tests can absolutely be purchased ahead of time and shipped to your house, then you take them with you on vacation and do the telehealth visit at the appropriate time while you are away.

Emed and the other US vendors will only ship within the States, so you’d have to get those shipped to your hotel.  Bringing some Switch/Azova tests with you seems easier.

If you have a car (rental or willing taxi?) you can get a free test at Walgreens.  They are available for Canadians, just use your hotel address.

https://flytrippers.com/update-on-free-testing-at-walgreens-in-the-us-my-february-12-2022-test/

There are also free and paid testing concierge services such as BeeperMD that will come to your hotel and test you, reviews for those vary.  I haven’t tried them myself since Walgreens is free and so easy.

thanks for the info. looks like we can get pcr tests near LAX but not rapid antigen at walgreens. I worry about results being in time. 

14 minutes ago, bookbabe said:

Walgreens just told me on a message that the test for Canadians is $130 US. Not free.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Luv2Cruze4 said:

Walgreens just told me on a message that the test for Canadians is $130 US. Not free.

Just use a US address...I just went to Walgreens for a Rapid ID Now test and they don't even check my ID even though I was going to use Nexus.  I used my friends address in the US.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ByThePond said:

Interesting.  So keep doing antigen tests until you have a negative one. 

This will not work well when we need to re-schedule a flight home, since the negative antigen test result is only good for the day of the test + next day. Hence I think we will try to do a PCR test right away if our disembarkation antigen test is positive.

1 hour ago, Luv2Cruze4 said:

Thousands of Canadians have gotten them for free, myself and DH included.  However, if you ask them for an official answer, you’re going to get an official corporate policy that varies quite a bit from the reality at the individual locations.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AandBmom said:

thanks for the info. looks like we can get pcr tests near LAX but not rapid antigen at walgreens. I worry about results being in time. 

Try CVS…they’ve got 6 locations near the LAX zip code that list rapid result (antigen) tests available.

1 minute ago, AandBmom said:

when I answer their booking questions I get this....

image.thumb.png.4c3872b93e05a975dd6c8181995eeac7.png

Answer yes to the first two, that you were someplace where you couldn’t socially distance, and then no to all the rest.

3 hours ago, CKCruising said:

Oddly enough, I was running 2.25.9 but it didn't show up in my apps that needed to be updated.  When I picked the app directly, it allowed me to update.

If anyone wants to check, go to Settings and scroll down to the bottom.

Thanks.

I had exactly the same thing.