School Nurse Testing

mbarker10

Hello, my husband and I are both teachers, and our schools have rapid antigen tests.

I feel like we could get the school nurse to test us and then type up a letter of negative results? I've read the Carnival website and don't see any specifics about where testing has to occur. 

What kind of proof of testing will Carnival accept?

Acceptable proof of PCR/antigen COVID-19 testing includes laboratory test record, digital certificate and healthcare record.

The results must show first and last name, date of birth, type of test (NAAT or antigen), date and time the sample was taken, test result as either “NEGATIVE” or “NOT DETECTED,” laboratory/testing site or healthcare provider details. Handwritten test results are not acceptable.

If there is doubt as to the authenticity or validity of the test, and the testing facility or healthcare provider is not able to be contacted for verification purposes, embarkation may be denied.

Do you know if your school is considered a testing site?  Like one that would be recognized by your state or local health department?  Personally, I wouldn't risk it, but I'm not ruling out either.

The tests our school nurse administers have results submitted through a lab that will email results.  I had immediate (15 minute) results in her office and received email within a couple of hours.  I had no issue with these results on my October cruise.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CalcDiva said:

The tests our school nurse administers have results submitted through a lab that will email results.  I had immediate (15 minute) results in her office and received email within a couple of hours.  I had no issue with these results on my October cruise.

That's not what the OP expected to get.  Their proof was a letter typed by the nurse.  I agree that it would be risky to use a document that literally anyone could easily produce.

17 hours ago, jiggs said:

12 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Unless your school nurse is also a registered lab, I would say absolutely not going to be accepted.

17 hours ago, jiggs said:

laboratory/testing site or healthcare provider details.

The nurse would be considered a health care provider.

19 hours ago, jiggs said:

What kind of proof of testing will Carnival accept?

If there is doubt as to the authenticity or validity of the test, and the testing facility or healthcare provider is not able to be contacted for verification purposes, embarkation may be denied.

This may be the biggest hangup.  Are you cruising on a weekend when the nurse is not available for verification if there is some doubt about the validity of the test?

16 hours ago, staceyglow said:

That's not what the OP expected to get.  Their proof was a letter typed by the nurse.  I agree that it would be risky to use a document that literally anyone could easily produce.

I agree that a letter from the nurse would probably not be sufficient.  I was just clarifying how the school nurse testing is done at my school.  If the OP has never used the school testing, they may not be aware that many of these types of tests are actually submitted to a lab that will send a copy of the results in an acceptable format.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. The school nurses, we have their cells so they'd be pretty easy to call. We both run after care programs and we're just trying to figure out simple solutions to not end up at an urgent care on Wed after a 10 hour school day lol. It seems like it might be too much of a gray area to risk.

I don't know what the urgent care will do differently as far as how results how given.