I love that Princess celebrates your birthday even when you're not on a cruise

CineGraphic

It's nice to see that the corporate bean counters have not stopped Princess from sending out virtual birthday cards to those of us who aren't on board to celebrate.

Yes, the grumpy old man of Casa CineGraphic is one year older today, and a tad grumpier, but I confess that I did crack a smile when I watched this video today.

• Like 4

Much nicer than the ones I've received. Of course I'm so "special" that, in addition to my own birthday greetings I have also  had multiple instances of receiving a "Happy Birthday Jill!" message. Never have figured out who Jill is or why I get the message sent to my email. Princess can't figure it out either. Hope you had a good day today.

image.jpeg.d57be435d8a489667064e7be3b69fd00.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

It's nice to see that the corporate bean counters have not stopped Princess from sending out virtual birthday cards to those of us who aren't on board to celebrate.

Yes, the grumpy old man of Casa CineGraphic is one year older today, and a tad grumpier, but I confess that I did crack a smile when I watched this video today.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!🤗🤗

• Thanks 1

Sooooo... I will be 69 on Wednesday. (NOT really an "old fart".) I love sharing a birthday with Dr. Seuss. 😁 Are you genuinely an "old fart"?  When we sailed 28 days to Hawaii and the South Pacific we met a ton of really great people and a bunch of them enjoyed telling me how young I was. I don't really know the ages of most of the folks we cruised with but I was really surprised to hear the actual ages of some of them. I thought many of them were younger than they turned out to be.

I guess much of it is not only actual age but also body abilities (seems pretty dang important) plus attitude (perhaps even MORE important!). There were folks 10 - 15 years (and more) older than we were (and my wife is 1.5 years older than me but don't tell her I said so!) and, to me,  they didn't seem any older than I was. That cruise had soooooooooo many great people on it that we were simply blown away. Not all the folks I'm talking about were older than us but quite a few were really nice folks and we have really fond memories of the cruise. ("Waving hello to @jeanandjim 😁) We actually have fond memories of quite a few folks on that cruise. I still get a kick out of telling folks about the person who was "lost at sea in shark infested waters". It's absolutely true! (In a sense...) It was Mike from @RetiredNTraveling😁 Mike & Ms. Betty. It was a truly great cruise and I'm older now but, apparently, still not "OLD". (Some days I feel about 150 years old...)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

First of all, Happy Birthday and wishers for many, many more.

Bean counters probably like this since it basically costs nothing for their computers to send these out over the Internet.

Bean counters no doubt stopped what Princess used to do, send birthday wishes through the postal service. since printing and postage costs $$$.

• Thanks 1