Summit retreat SunDeck question

dandee2

Good day, We,re considering cruising again this Spring and I just notice that the ship as a "Retreat Sundeck" on the deck plan. Can you confirm it is now off limit to passengers except Suites guest? If so, it's a bummer as this area was part of my daily walking routine with all the stairs, etc. Cheers,

Edited by dandee2
Typos

6 minutes ago, dandee2 said:

Good day, We,re considering cruising again this Spring and I just notice that the ship as a "Retreat Sundeck" on the deck plan. Can you confirm it is now off limit to ppassengers except Suites guest? If so, it's a bummer as this area was part of my daily walking routine with all the starirs, etc. Cheers,

Which ship will you be cruising on?

Nobody really wants to go to this useless sundeck ,need to climb stairs then there is no bar, no pool and no bathrooms, but yes it’s for suites only , I did get a burger one day last week and there is a hot tub. Only reason we went there was Luminae was closed since it was a port day , there was just one other person there.

1 minute ago, George C said:

Nobody really wants to go to this useless sundeck ,need to climb stairs then there is no bar, no pool and no bathrooms, but yes it’s for suites only , I did get a burger one day last week and there is a hot tub. Only reason we went there was Luminae was closed since it was a port day , there was just one other person there.

I can always use the stairs inside the ship to keep in shape.  LOL

16 hours ago, George C said:

I feel compelled to say that we quite enjoyed the Retreat Sundeck during both of our recent cruises on the Summit.  Retreat staff are more than happy to bring passengers beverages, including alcoholic cocktails, as well as food. In fact, they were almost begging us to let them bring us food and drink. 😁

And to the OP, yes, as stated above, access to this area is now limited to Suite/Retreat class passengers. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, George C said:

We. used the elevator, starboard side just past the stairs. They do have a huge tub, for us it was a nice relaxing area. Had lunch there.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, dandee2 said:

Good day, We,re considering cruising again this Spring and I just notice that the ship as a "Retreat Sundeck" on the deck plan. Can you confirm it is now off limit to passengers except Suites guest? If so, it's a bummer as this area was part of my daily walking routine with all the stairs, etc. Cheers,

Yes the Retreat Sundeck is restricted to Suite Guests only.    

I also always walk that route and even though I travel in suites, it is a hassle to  open and close the gates.   I still just climb the stairs and then turn around and go down walk to the other side of the ship and do the same go back down and go full aft up and down.      I actually get more flights of steps in but is a bit disjointed.

• Like 1