Ask NCL to open Splash Academy!!!

thewrights03

Although I know it is a long shot I thought it was worth appealing to this group.  Consider sending your feedback to NCL asking them to open Splash Academy earlier than June 1, 2022.  Parents and kids love cruising because it provides an amazing mix of independent  and family time.  Without the Splash Academy our kids miss out on their independence and the parents miss out on re-connecting as a couple.  Those not comfortable with sending their kids don’t have to use the service.  The rest of us should have the option.  I’ve sent my feedback.  Consider sending yours today!

https://www.ncl.com/case-submission

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, oteixeira said:

Do you not understand it takes time to bring in staff and train them up?  This is not because they want to screw over families on spring break.

On the Epic there are at least already some kids staff onboard as they were running the family events and staffing the splash academy during its family open play times.

25 minutes ago, oteixeira said:

Do you not understand it takes time to bring in staff and train them up?  This is not because they want to screw over families on spring break.

I totally understand.  I didn’t say they should open for spring break.  That clearly is unrealistic.  I also never claimed NCL was trying to screw over anyone.  I simply want them to realize it’s a priority for their loyal customers.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, thewrights03 said:

I totally understand.  I didn’t say they should open for spring break.  That clearly is unrealistic.  I also never claimed NCL was trying to screw over anyone.  I simply want them to realize it’s a priority for their loyal customers.

They already realize it is a priority and based on having it up in 3 months are staffing it and training as quickly as they did when they started up ships.  Remember Del Rio says it takes 3 months to start back up.  There is no reason to think they need you or anyone else to remind them how much of a priority this is...

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, oteixeira said:

They already realize it is a priority and based on having it up in 3 months are staffing it and training as quickly as they did when they started up ships.  Remember Del Rio says it takes 3 months to start back up.  There is no reason to think they need you or anyone else to remind them how much of a priority this is...

They have been sailing for months and have staff for everything else.  I’m allowed to share my opinion and ask for support.

Edited by thewrights03
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Not all Norwegian ships have returned to service yet.  The Sky returned to service yesterday.  The Jade, The Star, The Sun, The Jewel, The Spirit and the Pride have yet to return to service.  If all goes as planned, The Spirit will be the last ship back in service in early May.  Then it will be time to begin to staff The Prima and replace all the staff going to The Prima.  I would guess that it will be late September or early October before all the ships will be fully staffed.

• Like 1

I get it too but I probably would’ve waited until it opened if I had a little kid.  She loved it so much back in the day as did we!  I guess reschedule for summer isn’t an option.  Sorry it won’t be what you expected.  

• Like 5

I think the major issue with Splash Academy is that the only way I found out it was closed was on these boards.  For whatever reason, the thought never crossed my mind that it would be closed.  I love NCL and will continue sailing on it, but I just wish they had been a little more transparent.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I got a letter last week from NCL saying it would NOT be open for our Spring Break cruise. Only Entourage will be open. However they are offering family activities to do with your child  but no drop off. I'm guessing until quarantine recommendations change with the  CDC and "healthy sail" policy then nothing will be open . One child gets a sniffle or symptom of covid and then 50 other cabins must be quarantined the rest of the cruise due to potential exposure from the kids who were all in close contact at Splash Academy. My guess is that is their rationale. Perhaps by fall things will change. 

• Like 5

18 hours ago, thewrights03 said:

Although I know it is a long shot I thought it was worth appealing to this group.  Consider sending your feedback to NCL asking them to open Splash Academy earlier than June 1, 2022.  Parents and kids love cruising because it provides an amazing mix of independent  and family time.  Without the Splash Academy our kids miss out on their independence and the parents miss out on re-connecting as a couple.  Those not comfortable with sending their kids don’t have to use the service.  The rest of us should have the option.  I’ve sent my feedback.  Consider sending yours today!

https://www.ncl.com/case-submission

When the children have all been fully vaxed, I would tend to agree with you.

Until fully vaxed, they should be severely limited in where and what they can do. Cruises are mostly adults so that should be the number 1 priority.  They are probably delaying the splash academy on purpose.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think if NCL wants to not staff their Splash Academy that is totally their decision to make.

The part that I personally have an issue with is them not being upfront about it.  Neither their website nor their booking representatives give any advance warning to families that the clubs are not open and available on their cruise.

They will gladly take your money and make you a reservation for a cruise with your children. Then...SURPRISE....they notify you 2 weeks before departure that there are no facilities available for the children to enjoy without their parents.

If that information was available to parents then they could make an informed decision for themselves whether it is the best cruise option for their family.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

You bet they will be hearing from me. I am livid that it won’t be open for our April cruise. My kids have been vaccinated since November. There is NO reason it should not be available for fully vaccinated kids. I am angry because we booked and paid in full with no warning that it would closed. We would have made other plans for Spring Break. 

They know how to run these things. If it was a money-making activity there is no chance it wouldn’t be open. Cruise lines are logistical experts. They can get the clubs open if it is a priority. 

My PVP was happy to let me book knowing it was closed. I will not use her again. She knew the kids activities were important to me. 

Edited by applequeen
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

When the children have all been fully vaxed, I would tend to agree with you.

Until fully vaxed, they should be severely limited in where and what they can do. Cruises are mostly adults so that should be the number 1 priority.  They are probably delaying the splash academy on purpose.

Kids 5+ have been eligible for vaccine since  November! Let the vaccinated ones in and keep the unvaccinated out. It’s not difficult. 

My fully vaccinated kids are as safe as any other passenger on the ship. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MrsK said:

I think if NCL wants to not staff their Splash Academy that is totally their decision to make.

The part that I personally have an issue with is them not being upfront about it.  Neither their website nor their booking representatives give any advance warning to families that the clubs are not open and available on their cruise.

They will gladly take your money and make you a reservation for a cruise with your children. Then...SURPRISE....they notify you 2 weeks before departure that there are no facilities available for the children to enjoy without their parents.

If that information was available to parents then they could make an informed decision for themselves whether it is the best cruise option for their family.

I agree with you 1000%.  I got a letter 2-3 days ago for our sailing tomorrow.  

9 hours ago, MrsK said:

I totally agree.  I contacted NCL prior to booking to confirm the facilities would be open prior to booking.  I was advised AO and even Guppies would be open in March.  I found out through the boards as well that was not correct.  I contacted NCL again to confirm and was advised that it was never in the plans to open so soon.  I couldn't believe it.  How does more than one person get that information wrong {rep had to check with someone else to confirm).  I emailed them a week or two ago and have yet to hear back.  I'm not wanting to cancel, but definitely wanting to change the ship and sailing date by a day as it changes things a lot for my family.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, applequeen said:

You bet they will be hearing from me. I am livid that it won’t be open for our April cruise. My kids have been vaccinated since November. There is NO reason it should not be available for fully vaccinated kids. I am angry because we booked and paid in full with no warning that it would closed. We would have made other plans for Spring Break. 

They know how to run these things. If it was a money-making activity there is no chance it wouldn’t be open. Cruise lines are logistical experts. They can get the clubs open if it is a priority. 

My PVP was happy to let me book knowing it was closed. I will not use her again. She knew the kids activities were important to me. 

It's the lack of transparency that is most bothersome - feels like they are purposefully hiding that it's closed. 

I too will not use my PVP again for the same reason. 

I got  "Yes it's closed until June. Sorry about that." as a response when I asked her to confirm after reading about it here. 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I called today actually. It is open, but only for 5 year olds and up -- I am super bummed out because I have a 4 year old. I am thinking of canceling our trip. I opened a request/complaint ticket to see if they have plans to return pre-covid setup, and their service standard is 30 days to reply 😩

Both Disney and Royal Caribbean go down MUCH younger children

Edited by archer77