QE dress code canundrum

BTwurddle

I agree with your interpretation of National dress but who are we to argue with a proud Texan! 😀

The 'horse's mouth' often has an aspirational take rather than the actuality of life.

The photographs in the brochures, the blurb as photoshopped by Port Royal, all aspirational. When did you last see a Gala evening full of passengers so glamorous the ship  resembled a Hollywood movie scene?

Yes there will be some beautifully dressed passengers but to be quite frank, there will be many who although dressed to the spirit of the evening, will not by any stretch of the imagination be termed  'beautifully attired' a la Cunard blurb.

I am very happy to see people enjoying themselves, dressed well but please don't let the aspirational cloud the reality.🙂

BT would fit in perfectly well in his own interpretation of his National dress with, as I said, one or two adjustments and at the end of the day, that is what he was asking about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Agree some potential Cunard bookers may have a valid question regarding the Cunard dress codes, so why don’t they just ask Cunard instead of posting on CC?

Or, could it be questions were asked to Cunard, but didn’t care for the answer, so deliberately posted on CC in the full knowledge of causing annoyance.

We all know and many have complained that Cunard's website is contradictory and inaccurate and their shoreside staff often limited in knowledge. So, it seems a good idea to ask on here of the people who actually travel on their ships.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

We all know and many have complained that Cunard's website is contradictory and inaccurate and their shoreside staff often limited in knowledge. So, it seems a good idea to ask on here of the people who actually travel on their ships.

Agree , I've learnt more from CC than Cunard website. Of course some of the answers are biased or wrong

• Like 1