Bubbles.

1 hour ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I just added bubbles to my packing list for my next cruise.  If I'm not on a balcony, then who knows where they may "pop" up.  🤣🐀

I'm going to add this neat device to my list of things to pack. I only hope that @Middleager and other fun folks are on my cruise so they can enjoy the bubbles with me! 19e65fda-6c99-4c8e-84b6-0a9e0c950adf_1.9

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I might also bring my ingredients for making Ginormous Bubbles. I checked the list and nothing here is prohibited.

- 1 cup Original Dawn Dish Washing Liquid
- 1/2 teaspoon J-Lube
- 1 gallon warm water
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons glycerin

76f11b74af785fac77a0d42ce7a9569a.jpg

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, alysonofagun said:

Not me clicking on this thread all set to answer a question about a different type of bubbles.... 🥂 😅🥂

Ha ha me too I thought this was going to a thread about which brands of champagne they serve or asking if you can bring it on board!! 

Kids bubbles? You can blow across my balcony if you like they always make me smile x 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, mrshorsy said:

Ha ha me too I thought this was going to a thread about which brands of champagne they serve or asking if you can bring it on board!! 

Kids bubbles? You can blow across my balcony if you like they always make me smile x 

Agree.  I'm would enjoy both kinds of bubbles on my balcony:)  Hope my neighbors will send some over!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, wacruiselover said:

I'm going to add this neat device to my list of things to pack. I only hope that @Middleager and other fun folks are on my cruise so they can enjoy the bubbles with me! 19e65fda-6c99-4c8e-84b6-0a9e0c950adf_1.9

Thank you, thank you, some body turn offa the bubble machine......aaahhh, brings back fond memories of old Lawrence Welk.

• Like 2

Ok, so let's try this before leaving with them. Find a friend with a convertible. Have them drive at say 15 - 20 miles an hour. You play with the bubbles. See if you experience what you think will happen. I doubt it. If you're doing it at port, you prob will have security come check on you. It is not something they expect. Lots of luck. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Von & John said:

I'm thinking enjoying bubbles while drinking bubbles on our balcony...

I'm going to one up you....

Playing with bubbles, while sipping bubbles, while being surrounded by bubbles in your on deck hot tub. Oh yeah, bubble trifecta coming my way September 2023!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

47 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

Playing with bubbles, while sipping bubbles, while being surrounded by bubbles in your on deck hot tub. Oh yeah, bubble trifecta coming my way September 2023!

I'm going to start calling DW "bubbles" before our next cruise.  I may be able to one up you! 😎

(disclaimer: she already knows that I'm nuts, so it will likely just blend in....)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

Winner, Winner...  Winner

On 3/6/2022 at 5:19 PM, mearsfansinboise said:

@ChiefMateJRK THANK YOU.

I did not expect to have my parenting and consideration for others (or lack thereof) called in to question with a question about freakin' bubbles.  It would not bother me in the least.  I've been in the park, at parades, all sorts of places and see families blowing bubbles and have a few float my way.  Never did any of that enter my mind.  Sheesh.  

This is one of those reasons I hesitate asking a question here - you'll have the people that give you a link like you're an idiot and didn't look there first (though I understand perhaps they were just trying to be helpful), and then the others that pounce.  Wowzers.

It was several years ago, but we - all adults - have done used bubbles, with bubbly 🥂, on our balcony during sail-away and never had an issue.  Enjoy!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/8/2022 at 12:56 AM, ClevelandCruisin said:

This reminds me of the walkie-talkie thread.

Why would you need to blow bubbles on a cruise?  

I'd call NCL and ask. 

Because you have young children you would like to entertain without giving them an iPad? 

Because we also all know how that will go if someone asks about bringing video games to play in their room. JUsT eNjOy tHe CrUiSe! 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, AwesomO said:

Because you have young children you would like to entertain without giving them an iPad? 

Because we also all know how that will go if someone asks about bringing video games to play in their room. JUsT eNjOy tHe CrUiSe! 

Oh is that a big no no !! 

My lads take their console with them. They will be 16 and 18 on this cruise and sometimes like a little down time and a game of Mario. Its a Switch so hand held but connects to the TV. Last time they went away they hosted a Mario Karts comp in our room with some friends they had met 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Well on the first cruise we took hour grandson he was six we took bubble guns. He had a blast off the aft balcony. He had seen an old King Kong movie and asked about the streamers they used long ago. I saw a post about bubbles and knew we had to do this.

He's thirteen and still remembers sailing out of NY blowing bubbles.

Cruising is about making memories for u.

• Like 3

s

On 3/6/2022 at 11:34 AM, mearsfansinboise said:

Ding-dong question here ...

Are we allowed to bring on-board and do bubbles on our balcony? 

Is that some sort of no-no because it's a distraction to the captain or neighbors or anything like that?

bubbles.JPG

Allowed or not, please don't.  No one wants your soapy bubbles floating onto their balcony while they are trying to enjoy their cruise.  Also they do not want globs of bubble soap all over their balcony floor making it slippery thus a fall risk,

We are cruising with our two toddlers next week and will be bringing bubbles to use on our balcony! We've gotten some small tubes from daycare parties in the last few months that will be perfect. Not tons of bubble liquid, but enough that they will capture my toddlers' attention spans for maybe 5 minutes. And we'll sip some bubbly using the open bar package! 

Thanks for the thread, OP. I had wondered about bubbles.

• Like 1