Sorry…but another tipping question…

chloemonkey

11 minutes ago, PSR said:

I wanted to ask another tipping question, but this topic has drifted since the first post. I skimmed and searched but I could not find out if diners usually tip after dining in a Specialty Restaurant? I know the daily gratuity covers room and regular dining servers, but what about in the Specialties? Thanks for any tips/info.

No

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PSR said:

I wanted to ask another tipping question, but this topic has drifted since the first post. I skimmed and searched but I could not find out if diners usually tip after dining in a Specialty Restaurant? I know the daily gratuity covers room and regular dining servers, but what about in the Specialties? Thanks for any tips/info.

The daily Gratuity covers all dining venues  the staff rotate to other venues during the day

You can tip extra  if you choose  they will not refuse  it 😉

• Thanks 1

Do you tip every time the  butler comes to cabin at your request? 
Also, is there a charge for the butler to organise some drinks with friends in cabin?

Last time we had a butler we didn’t tip regularly and he seemed to get less attentive as the cruise went on, but we still left him the envelope with a wad of dollars in that we had prepared when we disembarked.

4 hours ago, janecambridge said:

Do you tip every time the  butler comes to cabin at your request? 
Also, is there a charge for the butler to organise some drinks with friends in cabin?

Last time we had a butler we didn’t tip regularly and he seemed to get less attentive as the cruise went on, but we still left him the envelope with a wad of dollars in that we had prepared when we disembarked.

When we have had a butler, we never tipped each time he came to the cabin but made sure to thank him profusley.  At the end, we gave him an envelope with an extra tip.  There has not been a charge when we asked the butler to arrange a special party in our PH for a few friends - he set up table with food,napkins, utensils, glasses and non-alcoholic drinks.  We provided several bottles of wine to share with the group.  He also would have stayed and served if we requested.  If you want to the butler to provide liquor, then you would pay for the liquor.

• Like 1

I would go nuts, if I tipped the butler each time he came to the cabin - 4-5 times a day, minimum.  We have always received A+ service and tip at the end of the cruise.

We book A4 or A3 staterooms. I always tip the 2 room stewards when we first meet them. We request that our stateroom be done by 10 or 11 am each day if possible and a few other minor details. During the cruise and after also tip.I find it is appreciated. 

14 minutes ago, Acrusa said:

We book A4 or A3 staterooms. I always tip the 2 room stewards when we first meet them. We request that our stateroom be done by 10 or 11 am each day if possible and a few other minor details. During the cruise and after also tip.I find it is appreciated. 

We have rarely had a problem with the cabins made up   usually done by the time we return from breakfast

Never felt the need to bribe the room stewards  on boarding day

JMO

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, slinkie_dawg said:

Are the drink tips for bartenders "included" in the beverage package, so all bar fees are covered?

yes 

For those that purchase  drinks  as they drink  the price per drink then a 20% gratuity is added