First time getting Cheers - Question

IamPEBJ

Next week, the wife and I are heading out on the Ecstasy and getting Cheers for the first time.

In the morning, I want to get up and go to the Coffee bar and get 2 lattes and go back to the room and hang on the balcony. Does the 5 minute wait happen for non-alcoholic drinks as well or just alcohol?

1 minute ago, Schoifmom said:

I was able to do this successfully by taking both DH's and my S&S cards.

I was thinking about doing the same if it was allowed. So the 5 minute wait does include non-alcohol drinks then?

You have to wait for 5 minutes for any drink type, this discourages hoarding.

Bartenders are supposed to only charge a S&S card if the cardholder is present (for example, wife and husband are in nightclub - husband goes up to the bar with both cards to order drinks, bartender can see the wife is in the lounge).

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, mz-s said:

You have to wait for 5 minutes for any drink type, this discourages hoarding.

Bartenders are supposed to only charge a S&S card if the cardholder is present (for example, wife and husband are in nightclub - husband goes up to the bar with both cards to order drinks, bartender can see the wife is in the lounge).

I don't think they will question where your wife is for a coffee

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mike C said:

I agree, I doubt they would either. I think they really only need to make sure the person is present for alcohol.

You shouldn't have a  problem doing this, especially once they see you around a bit and know who's who. You can also get a water and a alcoholic beverage at the same time, I've also gotten a beer and a soda at the same time so they do have a way to do multiple things, I think it more a "discouraged" type deal than an absolute, in reference to getting multiple items.   

On Sunrise they didn't seem to even need the SS cards.  Most bartenders just asked for the 2 folio numbers and they plugged it in that way.  They weren't swiping the cards.  And yes, we bought on both folios, even without the other one present.  YMMV

11 hours ago, lazydayz said:

No issues at all doing this last week on the Mardi Gras.  Once they knew us, I didn't even need my hubby's card - they just entered his folio number. 

I have a hard time remembering my own phone number sometimes, so that they can remember all of these folio numbers is mystifying to me.🤪

16 hours ago, Mike C said:

Believe it or not, some bartenders will stick to the rules, hard and fast. My 22 year old son went to get a Diet Coke. I asked him to get me a club soda. No alcohol. The bartender knew who we were. She denied him the club soda 😮, saying the owner of the card had to be present. He waited 5 minutes and got the soda. 

Usually we have never had an issue doing this.  I will say, on one cruise, pre-pandemic, the baristas insisted we both need to be there, or at least visible to whoever took the order.  That only happened one cruise.