Another NextCruise Question

I'm going to be on a cruise next week and my friend and I just decided on a 2023. So I figured I'd book it on board to get some extra OBC. My friend wants me to book his cabin for him at the same time so he can get the OBC as well.

I was wondering if anyone had booked a cabin for a friend through the Next Cruise desk?

I saw in the terms and conditions that it is possible, but was wondering how the logistics actually worked.

From the T&Cs:

A maximum of three (3) NextCruise Bookings, of up to three (3) staterooms each, can be made per person while onboard each Royal Caribbean International cruise for yourself, your friends or family. Back  to  back  consecutive  cruises  will  be  treated  as  one  cruise  when  determining the  number of NextCruise bookings a person is permitted to make.  NextCruise cannot be used for Travel Agent resale.

Edited by OSUZorba
Typos

When you are at NextCruise and booking a cruise you give them the names of the passengers in each cabin. They will create the booking with your friend as passenger #1 in the second cabin. The OBC is assigned to that cabin / passenger. You'll get a separate booking confirmation document and reservation number for each cabin. 

I can't remember if you need to give the date of birth for each person, have it ready just in case. 

At the time you make these bookings you can also tell NextCruise to link the reservation numbers for dining purposes. You can choose traditional or My Time dining. If you use traditional dining, by linking the reservations you will be assigned the same table in the MDR. If you use My Time dining then by linking the reservations it is easier to make reservations because one reservation applies to everyone in the linked cabins. The same for specialty dining reservations.

• Thanks 1

You can book for friends - I have done it.  But come prepared with C&A numbers, dates of birth, home addresses, emails, and name of any TA if difference from your own.  And, make sure you take time to review screen for each reservation.  Many Next Cruise staff are great and no worries about their getting it right - but there is the occasional newbie who needs careful watching.