Verifly for CARNIVAL for all US ports

sunonfire

3 hours ago, tytanbri said:

How did this work? I have completed my information and received the green check mark. I wasn't sure if he had to do it on his phone or we could do it together on one.

You can do it on your phone on your account by adding him as a companion.  Then you can enter his information and also upload his vaccination card and negative covid test.  For those items, I just took a picture of them on my phone and uploaded the pictures.  Then it took the App a little while to review and accept them.

1 hour ago, kctwinmommy said:

That's what I was reading too. Almost all of the reviews in the recent days/weeks have said what a pain it was, didn't work like it was supposed to, etc... We still have a month until our cruise, so we'll see if they work any kinks out. Either way, I'll have all our documents ready to go.

I just downloaded it for our cruise two weeks from tomorrow. I've uploaded everything I can so far without issue.  The only thing left is our tests, which we can't do until 3 days before anyway. 

No issues at all. 

11 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

I just have one version of the App on my phone and through the Home screen options I was able to add my husband as a companion.

When I put in my booking all three booked in our cabin came up.  I added them as travel companions for mine. 

• Like 1

So how does it know where you're traveling? Someone above posted about a flight out of the country. Creepy it 'knows'.  We have a cruise in 2 weeks, think I'll give it a try. Tip to Europe in June with my daughter, wonder if it would be useful at all, still waiting for the specifics on their 'green pass', etc and what we need to do. It's group travel, so the company will take care of what they can. Another cruise in July. I'll try it this time & see how it goes.

How do you upload test results? We'll be getting a paper from the Health Department. Take a picture?

8 hours ago, satxdiver said:

I am also a card carrying member of the septuagenarian group but did work in IT before I retired.  Unfortunately the world is moving to the smart phone and it is getting harder and harder to resist this technology.  Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated.  😁

DW has our phone. Do not need another app on it, I promise.

I have a flip phone that I use if she's visiting her sister or something. Other times, it's in the drawer. I had to carry a phone for work so they could reach me 24/7. Not in retirement! I'll bring the papers.

We also manage with one car in retirement. Works for us.

5 hours ago, CheckersMidwest said:

So how does it know where you're traveling? Someone above posted about a flight out of the country. Creepy it 'knows'.  We have a cruise in 2 weeks, think I'll give it a try. Tip to Europe in June with my daughter, wonder if it would be useful at all, still waiting for the specifics on their 'green pass', etc and what we need to do. It's group travel, so the company will take care of what they can. Another cruise in July. I'll try it this time & see how it goes.

How do you upload test results? We'll be getting a paper from the Health Department. Take a picture?

You put in your carnival booking number and it links there w all guests 

8 hours ago, CheckersMidwest said:

I took a picture using my phone of the negative test results and uploaded it.  The App lets you browse to attach something or take a picture.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 1

Hello from the Magic. Just had a notification about this post, so coming back to it.

We had the 10 am embarkation time, and ended up having to use papers. He said VeriFly couldn't be used until 11:00 and after. No explanation why. But it was fine regardless. 

• Thanks 1

Does Verifly actually save you any time while checking in?  

I'm not real keen to put more apps on my phone, and to me it just doesn't seem like it'll be worth it.  AND what if your phone dies?  Don't call me paranoid, it happened to me once just before a cruise so I had to survive an entire week with no cell phone.

Edited by groundloop

Just now, groundloop said:

I'm not real keen to put more apps on my phone, and to me it just doesn't seem like it'll be worth it.  

Ditto for me too. 

I used Verifly on my recent cruise out of Mobile and it worked great.  I had all my information entered and approved before we even left home.  Once at the port, I just showed the app to the representative checking documents and she verified we had our green check marks and sent us on our way. 

When I was submitting my documentation I had a problem with my vaccine card and was able to get it corrected before I left.

Verifly just made things quick and simple.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2022 at 4:45 PM, Tiger0613 said:

I refuse to use it.  I don't like having to download another app for every damn thing that comes along that is already done well in other ways.  Another app is also another place for my data to be hacked.

Or.........just show the paperwork and wait that inconvenient 10 whopping seconds for the terminal official to glance at it and verify it.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 3/16/2022 at 3:50 PM, groundloop said:

I'm not real keen to put more apps on my phone, and to me it just doesn't seem like it'll be worth it.  AND what if your phone dies?  Don't call me paranoid, it happened to me once just before a cruise so I had to survive an entire week with no cell phone.

I believe Carnival site says to bring documents even when using Verifly.

• Like 1

We tried it for our 3/6 cruise and it wouldn’t work.  CCL had loosened the testing window for fully vaxed and boosted folks to 72 hours and the app had not been updated so it kicked it out.  Also on my vaccine card they kept saying my input dates didn’t match the card.  They clearly did but whoever was reading the card info apparently did not understand the numeric system.  Spent hours doing this and a very frustrating experience.  Total crap.

23 minutes ago, MagnoliaBlossom said:

We tried it for our 3/6 cruise and it wouldn’t work.  CCL had loosened the testing window for fully vaxed and boosted folks to 72 hours and the app had not been updated so it kicked it out.  Also on my vaccine card they kept saying my input dates didn’t match the card.  They clearly did but whoever was reading the card info apparently did not understand the numeric system.  Spent hours doing this and a very frustrating experience.  Total crap.

Had same problem for our Magic cruise on 3/6 and also became very frustrated but giving it another try for our April cruise and so far everything seems to be going much smoother.  Just have to upload our test results and we shall see.

Edited by dbrucern

On 3/10/2022 at 5:33 PM, pc_load_letter said:

We returned from a 4 day on Miracle out of Long Beach today.

We used VeriFly during embarkation. Wife uploaded our documents a few days before and was very easy.

We approached the document check-in CS agent and she asked if we used Verifly. Wife said yes and she simply looked at the app for all the green check boxes showing our approved uploads. It's clear it's still in testing because there was a Verifly rep and Carnival employee standing behind the agent timing the process. We were through in 30 seconds and moved on. Never had to take out our documents at all.

I would imagine that they will use this app as an option for the public to use vs bringing all your documents.

Same out of long beach for Panorama-super easy. The line for using Verifly was a walkup while there was a short wait for others. Zoomed through quickly with the app, no issues uploading documents, never had to produce paper except boarding pass. 

I wasn't planning on using VeriFly... is this a MUST to board??   

Also, while were on the topic... what exactly do you need??  The boarding pass, neg test results, and show vaccine card, passport?  Isn't that everything or am I missing something?

5 hours ago, CMOTO said:

Also, while were on the topic... what exactly do you need??  The boarding pass, neg test results, and show vaccine card, passport?  Isn't that everything or am I missing something?

I'm following this, I wasn't planning I using verify either.

• Like 1

I downloaded VeriFLY today and used it without any problems for a cruise this Thursday.  Of course had to allow the app to see the things on my phone.  Took a pic of my vaccination card, uploaded it in the app.  Saved my Walgreens covid test onto the phone as a PDF file and uploaded that in the app.  The app already knew my health review (whatever Carnival calls it) was done and it already had the green check.  The reviews of the 2 items i uploaded were done within 15 minutes or so and they had the green check.  The app could be a tad more user friendly - I work in IT and I'm saying that.  Just be sure to read the screens which do give some direction.

6 hours ago, CMOTO said:

And your printed boarding pass.  VeriFLY is not a must use thing.

We used Verifly on the Legend on March 13th. We had 7 people in 3 separate cabins. All of us uploaded our information with no issues. It was fast and easy. When we got to the port we just had to show our green check mark. The young lady checking our documents said they had to double check the documents and the verifly app for the first hour of check-in because it was new. She did not have to double check ours. It truly was the fastest check-in I have had. 

1 hour ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

So.... one can get tested now between 2 and 3 days (48-72 hrs) prior? When did that change?  I noticed the 72 hours in the Verifly app, but still thought that Carnival had a 2 day window.

Tom

Three days is now ok if you are boosted.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

So.... one can get tested now between 2 and 3 days (48-72 hrs) prior? When did that change?  I noticed the 72 hours in the Verifly app, but still thought that Carnival had a 2 day window.

Tom

It changed for all cruises leaving March 1st, we were on the Magic March 6th however Verifly had not changed their app to allow this, it has since been fixed and we will be using for our April cruise

• Thanks 1