Unlimited Dining Package for a 5 day??

This will be our 1st cruise on RC, so I'm trying to figure out what's "worth it". Is the UDP for a 5 day cruise for hubby and I at $136/pp a good deal?  Our cruise is in August. Should I wait for a sale? Are the restaurants vs. Dining room that much better? Thanks!

3 minutes ago, MSarahM said:

This will be our 1st cruise on RC, so I'm trying to figure out what's "worth it". Is the UDP for a 5 day cruise for hubby and I at $136/pp a good deal?  Our cruise is in August. Should I wait for a sale? Are the restaurants vs. Dining room that much better? Thanks!

I would think that on a 5 day cruise you could probably enjoy the MDR menus at least twice over that time... and go smaller on specialty.

3 minutes ago, MSarahM said:

Is the cost at $136pp considered good? Any chance on it dropping?

I'm not sure that's a great price, but it's not at all terrible.  Keep in mind that you can use it for sea day lunch, as well.

What ship are you on?  Your available options can matter a little.

There is a chance of it dropping, but no guarantee.  You can always buy it now and then watch the price.  If you see a lower price, cancel what you have for a full refund and buy it again at the lower price.  You also can cancel before the cruise for a full refund if you decide to go with a smaller package (or none at all).  Other than tying up a bit of your money for a little while, there's essentially no risk in buying it now.

4 hours ago, MSarahM said:

To see if it’s a good deal for you, look at the cruise planner, and the prices of the specialty restaurants that you know you would like to eat at. Some of the places have unique different options than the main dining room. Also, depending on the ship, how many of the paid venues really interest you. 

1 hour ago, MSarahM said:

Is the cost at $136pp considered good? Any chance on it dropping?

Yes definitely a chance it will go down, but I would buy it now and if it goes down you can cancel it and rebook, I have done that with drink package, we definitely prefer specialty restaurants to mdr.

We just got off Symphony and used the BOGO for dinner in Hooked Seafood.  After the amount of food we ate, we decided once a cruise in a specialty restaurant was more than enough.

The food in the MDR is very good.  You will also have the benefit of having the same wait staff every night.  

It's a personal decision, but for us there is no need for specialty dining every night.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MSarahM said:

Thank you everyone for your advice!  I decided to get the package because we are curious about ALL the restaurants on the Mariner!  

I think you will be happy that you purchased it. We just got off the Adventure and were majorly disappointed in the MDR. We ended up at the windjammer but I missed the waiter service. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MSarahM said:

Thank you everyone for your advice!  I decided to get the package because we are curious about ALL the restaurants on the Mariner!  

Remember to make all of your reservations as soon as you get on board and of course coordinate with any shows that you must see.

• Thanks 1