Breakfast and Lunch in Grills

RL999

Two questions please, if I may:-

• Are jackets required to be worn for breakfast and lunch in Grills? We are on a Caribbean cruise.
  • Is lunch available in Grills on the day of embarkation? 

Thank you.

Except when playing tennis golf , or in gym , many men under 70 don't wear socks with shorts , except the type you can't see.

Wearing socks is a personal choice,  some people think they are neccasary and smart , some think old fashioned. 

However As it says in dress code , in daytime wear what you are comfortable with.

Edited by Windsurfboy
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, BigMac1953 said:

Think golf club acceptability - they do!

One of the many things I never think about is golf clubs, either the institution or the hitter. I really don't think women wear socks with shorts on the sundeck. Actually I'm not sure that many men do.

1 hour ago, RL999 said:

Two questions please, if I may:-

• Are jackets required to be worn for breakfast and lunch in Grills? We are on a Caribbean cruise.
  • Is lunch available in Grills on the day of embarkation? 

Thank you.

One other thing about embarkation day lunch is that it finishes later, I think 2.30. So you don't have to be too anxious you are going to miss it, if there is a minor hold-up.

Are shorts truly frowned upon in the Grills during the day, or are these replies just reflective of personal tastes?
We sailed QM2 Caribbean cruises in 2009 and 2010 and wore shorts to breakfast daily as did the majority of others even a decade ago. This was Britannia though.

5 hours ago, foodsvcmgr said:

Are shorts truly frowned upon in the Grills during the day, or are these replies just reflective of personal tastes?
We sailed QM2 Caribbean cruises in 2009 and 2010 and wore shorts to breakfast daily as did the majority of others even a decade ago. This was Britannia though.

As shorts are not frowned on in QG,  breakfast or lunch, I would imagine it's exactly the same in PG. I would however say, most Daisy Dukes should be left for the pool deck! 🙂

10 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

As shorts are not frowned on in QG,  breakfast or lunch, I would imagine it's exactly the same in PG. I would however say, most Daisy Dukes should be left for the pool deck! 🙂

I thought Daisy  Dukes looked fine on Daisy Duke anywhere. 

• Haha 1