Splendor cabin choice question

LewiLewi

Just having completed our first cruise on Regent’s Explorer, we wanted to make another reservation in the near future for the same type of cabin: Concierge D. However, very few cabins are still available for this cruise, G2, cabin 630 and G1 cabins 674-684; no higher categories are available. Which cabins would you suggest if we don’t want noise or vibration issues?

1 hour ago, LewiLewi said:

Just having completed our first cruise on Regent’s Explorer, we wanted to make another reservation in the near future for the same type of cabin: Concierge D. However, very few cabins are still available for this cruise, G2, cabin 630 and G1 cabins 674-684; no higher categories are available. Which cabins would you suggest if we don’t want noise or vibration issues?

Explorer does not seem to have a vibration problem BUT the G categories are quite small compared to F2 and above. Check brochures for photos  or YouTube for videos so you will know what to expect.

We have stayed in a G (Explorer)cabin, it is small. But the main/only thing that made it uncomfortable was the height of the table and the fact that there was a metal decor around the area below the table so sitting at it you couldn’t put your feet under it. Because the height was coffee table height you could not sit at it to eat. Pictures from brochures for Splendor show they have gotten rid of the metal below the table but the height is the same. 
The only way I would book a G is for the itinerary and an agreement the We could get a table that is high enough to eat at. 

2 hours ago, flossie009 said:

I suggest that you waitlist your preferred grades with a holding deposit.

If nothing comes available, or you do not like what is offered, your deposit will be refunded.

@LewiLewi,  I agree with @flossie009.  Making a deposit for a suite type will give you a better chance of actually getting the cabin you want.  Contact your TA to assist you.  Recently, I know of two different friends who have received their desired suite after making a deposit.

Note that a Superior Suite (F1 or F2) is identical to a Concierge other than that the balcony size/configuration might differ (but that's true within the Concierge cabins as well). The only other difference is in the amenities: no binoculars or coffee maker, no included pre-cruise hotel, and no early access to booking excursions and dining. 

• Like 1

I agree with all of those who suggested putting a deposit on a waitlist suite.  Have your travel agent or Regent put you on the list for the suites you will be happy with, e.g. all D, E, or F.  We have had great luck getting what we wanted from the wait list.  As I said in another post, if you want to be OCD about it, check the Regent website every day or so, if a suite category you want becomes available, call Regent immediately.  They will reserve it for you and you can transfer the booking to your TA later.  Good luck.

Norma