Nieu Statendam Rudi Sel de Mer

northernphoenix

I am unsure that you can make reservations online in advance of your cruise for Del de Mer, but, try to decide what evenings you would like to do so before you embark.  During embarkation, there will be a "Specialty Restaurant" desk registration somewhere near the specialty restaurants.  You can then make your reservations then for your entire cruise.  By doing so early in the embarkation process, you ought to be able to obtain the precise time that you would want to dine.  

Highly recommend Sel de Mer!  It was excellent on the Nieuw Statendam as well as in the pop-ups that I have patronized.  The consistency of the dining experience still amazes me when I think about it.  

We do have Pinnacle and Canaletto (not fond of this offering); so we will need to sort out the itinerary.  This 10 day cruise only has one sea day and this might be a busy reservation evening.  HAs anyone been able to swap the Canaletto for tamarind?

2 minutes ago, northernphoenix said:

We do have Pinnacle and Canaletto (not fond of this offering); so we will need to sort out the itinerary.  This 10 day cruise only has one sea day and this might be a busy reservation evening.  HAs anyone been able to swap the Canaletto for tamarind?

I seriously doubt they would - as it costs more.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

I am unsure that you can make reservations online in advance of your cruise for Del de Mer, but, try to decide what evenings you would like to do so before you embark.  During embarkation, there will be a "Specialty Restaurant" desk registration somewhere near the specialty restaurants.  You can then make your reservations then for your entire cruise.  By doing so early in the embarkation process, you ought to be able to obtain the precise time that you would want to dine.  

We made ours about a month prior.  Had to pay full price, so will check on 25% discount for 4/5 stars once onboard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

We made ours about a month prior.  Had to pay full price, so will check on 25% discount for 4/5 stars once onboard.

WE are three stars at the moment (inching ever closer to 4 )...but we would pay full price, if necessary.  At this point the opportunity to make reservations don't seem available.  Any idea when one could expect to see this open?

1 minute ago, northernphoenix said:
  • Wonderful news.  DH had a negative experience on our Baltic cruise ; so we tend to avoid the Canaletto.  The promo we have had the Canaletto and Pinnacle dinners...we will certainly reserve the Tamarind, in lieu of Canaletto>

Recent posters who have patronized Canaletto have indicated that there has been an improvement and upgrade in both menu, preparation, and service.  

Agree, that my Canaletto dining experiences have not been as good as some in my favorite local Italian restaurants.  But, on Rotterdam VI, I dined there and enjoyed the best steak that I had on that cruise.  Quality and preparation exceeded what the Pinnacle Grill's Chef was able to prepare during that cruise.  

16 minutes ago, kopykat said:

If you are a 3 star or higher Mariner , I strongly recommend making your reservation on board. That way you get the Mariner discount. If made and paid preboarding you don’t. 

Pretty sure you have to be at least a 4* to get the 25% discount. If you book online, the discount should be applied as OBC onboard. 

1 minute ago, canadarocks said:

Pretty sure you have to be at least a 4* to get the 25% discount. If you book online, the discount should be applied as OBC onboard. 

That's correct - it changed this year.  Reservations can definitely be made in advance, once they open up dining for those sailings.  I have a November 2022 and March 2023 cruise booked, but dining is available just yet.  I think the site said it would be up by July, but who knows - it pays to check every once in a while.

Sue/WDW1972

5 hours ago, northernphoenix said:

WE are three stars at the moment (inching ever closer to 4 )...but we would pay full price, if necessary.  At this point the opportunity to make reservations don't seem available.  Any idea when one could expect to see this open?

We are on the Aug 27th -Sep 7th cruise as well as the Sep 7th-17th cruise. The dining pre-booking is open on the Aug. 27th cruise. I tried the Sep 7th booking and it says it is not open yet. So last week I asked our PCC about that and was informed that HAL I.T. is aware there is a problem with the dining booking on that cruise and is working on it. They hope to have it working sometime the next two weeks. So keep checking.