RCI European Sailing Protocols

4 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

May I ask what information you provided to be validated and are you travelling with children?

In the RC app we uploaded our passport information via scanning, credit card to have on file, a picture of us currently and a copy of our COVID vaccination cards. Hope the info helps! 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, 1ballerina said:

In the RC app we uploaded our passport information via scanning, credit card to have on file, a picture of us currently and a copy of our COVID vaccination cards. Hope the info helps! 

Also I should add that we no longer have children under the age of 18 traveling with us!! 

• Thanks 1

For Copenhagen:

Testing 
Pre-Cruise 
All vaccinated guests will be required to present a negative test result for an antigen test taken no more than 2 days before our sailing.

Embark 
All unvaccinated guests will be required to take a boarding day antigen test in the terminal and receive a negative result in order to sail.

During the Cruise 
Guests 12 and older who are considered unvaccinated by the European Medicines Agency (EMA) or who are not up-to-date with their vaccines will require additional testing during our sailings depending on itinerary. To learn more click here. 

Prior to Disembarking 
Guests 15 and older who are considered unvaccinated by the European Medicines Agency (EMA) or who are not up-to-date with their vaccines will require additional testing during our sailings depending on itinerary. Visit our Getting Ready to Cruise page to learn more. 

spacer.gif
spacer.gif

section3_icon.jpg
spacer.gif

Additional Information 

Mask Guidance
Masks are optional for vaccinated guests and expected for unvaccinated children onboard. Masks will be required in Adventure Ocean, in the cruise terminal, and may be required at various destinations. 
Click here to learn more.

Shore Excursions 
Fully vaccinated guests can visit most ports of call freely. Depending on their itinerary, guests who are not up-to-date with their vaccines/ boosters may require multiple tests to disembark in ports of call.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, little britain said:

For Copenhagen:

Testing 
Pre-Cruise 
All vaccinated guests will be required to present a negative test result for an antigen test taken no more than 2 days before our sailing.

Embark 
All unvaccinated guests will be required to take a boarding day antigen test in the terminal and receive a negative result in order to sail.

During the Cruise 
Guests 12 and older who are considered unvaccinated by the European Medicines Agency (EMA) or who are not up-to-date with their vaccines will require additional testing during our sailings depending on itinerary. To learn more click here. 

Prior to Disembarking 
Guests 15 and older who are considered unvaccinated by the European Medicines Agency (EMA) or who are not up-to-date with their vaccines will require additional testing during our sailings depending on itinerary. Visit our Getting Ready to Cruise page to learn more. 

spacer.gif
spacer.gif

section3_icon.jpg
spacer.gif

Additional Information 

Mask Guidance
Masks are optional for vaccinated guests and expected for unvaccinated children onboard. Masks will be required in Adventure Ocean, in the cruise terminal, and may be required at various destinations. 

Shore Excursions 
Fully vaccinated guests can visit most ports of call freely. Depending on their itinerary, guests who are not up-to-date with their vaccines/ boosters may require multiple tests to disembark in ports of call.

Is this Danish guidance or what RC has announced? If it’s the latter this is very depressing news. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, little britain said:

For Copenhagen:

Testing 
Pre-Cruise 

Embark 

During the Cruise 

Prior to Disembarking 

spacer.gif
spacer.gif

section3_icon.jpg
spacer.gif

Additional Information 

Mask Guidance

Shore Excursions 

This is interesting !! I haven’t received an update on our COVID testing guidelines for our cruise out of Barcelona which ends in Copenhagen yet ! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, little britain said:

For Copenhagen:

Testing 
Pre-Cruise 

Embark 

During the Cruise 

Prior to Disembarking 

spacer.gif
spacer.gif

section3_icon.jpg
spacer.gif

Additional Information 

Mask Guidance

Shore Excursions 

Thanks for sharing. Does this guidance mention anything about what qualifies as the antigen test? 

As you're based in the UK, you'll know that the self-test antigen tests for travel purposes are very easy to buy and DIY. But RC in the US requires a medically supervised antigen test, which either involves a physical appointment or a video call, which is harder to organise, especially since I'll be flying into Barcelona two days before hand and will need to organise a video call in Barcelona! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zana711 said:

Thanks for sharing. Does this guidance mention anything about what qualifies as the antigen test? 

As you're based in the UK, you'll know that the self-test antigen tests for travel purposes are very easy to buy and DIY. But RC in the US requires a medically supervised antigen test, which either involves a physical appointment or a video call, which is harder to organise, especially since I'll be flying into Barcelona two days before hand and will need to organise a video call in Barcelona! 

This info ^^ is to get on board in Copenhagen. 
Barcelona requirements have not been announced yet.

3 minutes ago, Zana711 said:

Answering my own question - if you scroll down to the bottom of this RC page, it doesn't say much about whether the self-test needs to be medically supervised if departing from Copenhagen. https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/if-need-an-rt-pcr-test-before-i-cruise-where-should-i-go

Now for those of us on the Voyager 15th April cruise (and not doing B2B), our last port is Amsterdam. As part of Schengen, there should be no testing requirement to leave the ship and enter into Denmark if you're fully vaccinated. 

11 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

Is this Danish guidance or what RC has announced? If it’s the latter this is very depressing news. 

Why is this depressing? I believe it is positive as masks are optional, just antigen test before (no expensive PCR) and no additional testing before boarding required. For me all fine!

Edited by Saab4444

2 hours ago, Zana711 said:

We're flying from the US to Paris a few days before our Voyager cruise out of Copenhagen.  I'm wondering if I can buy the RC-approved supervised test here and do it 2 days before our cruise while we're in Paris or if there are rules against that... imagining you can't access the site for the US tests while in Europe or some other strange rule like that?

Requirements for Guests on Transatlantic Cruises from the U.S. 

Guests on transatlantic sailings departing the U.S. for Europe can visit most ports of call freely, with a few exceptions.  

Due to current requirements of your itinerary, all guests on transatlantic April and May sailings from the U.S. to Europe must purchase a tour through Royal Caribbean if they wish to go ashore in the following ports, regardless of vaccination status. 

• Florence (Pisa), Italy
  • Rome, Italy 

For sailings visiting France, guests who are from an Orange List country will not be allowed to go ashore, per French government regulations. Learn which countries are on the Orange List

Surprisingly (not!) UK is on the Orange list for France 🇫🇷 so no Brits will be going ashore  🥖 🧀 🍷 

6 minutes ago, mel76 said:

And last dose must be done no more than 270 days ago to enter Denmark.

I've seen others say this. Can you point me to a link?  By the time we cruise in August it will be at least 300 days since our booster shot but that's all we're allowed to get at the moment in the US... we're not approved for 2nd boosters yet so we couldn't possibly meet that metric...

9 minutes ago, little britain said:

Requirements for Guests on Transatlantic Cruises from the U.S. 

Guests on transatlantic sailings departing the U.S. for Europe can visit most ports of call freely, with a few exceptions.  

Due to current requirements of your itinerary, all guests on transatlantic April and May sailings from the U.S. to Europe must purchase a tour through Royal Caribbean if they wish to go ashore in the following ports, regardless of vaccination status. 

• Florence (Pisa), Italy
  • Rome, Italy 

For sailings visiting France, guests who are from an Orange List country will not be allowed to go ashore, per French government regulations. Learn which countries are on the Orange List

Surprisingly (not!) UK is on the Orange list for France 🇫🇷 so no Brits will be going ashore  🥖 🧀 🍷 

Is there anything that says this if for the TA cruises only?  Or is that wording becuase those are the only protocols announced at the moment?

15 minutes ago, CruiseMelissa said:

I've seen others say this. Can you point me to a link?  By the time we cruise in August it will be at least 300 days since our booster shot but that's all we're allowed to get at the moment in the US... we're not approved for 2nd boosters yet so we couldn't possibly meet that metric...

https://en.coronasmitte.dk/travel-rules/covidtravelrules

You are considered vaccinated if you can say yes to one of these options:

You have been vaccinated with the second dose in a vaccination course that requires two doses no more than 270 days ago.

You have been vaccinated with one dose in a vaccination course that requires only a single dose at least 14 days and no more than 284 days ago.

You have been revaccinated with the second or third dose.

40 minutes ago, little britain said:

Politics. Why these people can't grow up is beyond me. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Saab4444 said:

Why is this depressing? I believe it is positive as masks are optional, just antigen test before (no expensive PCR) and no additional testing before boarding required. For me all fine!

There is no requirement for testing when travelling generally within the EU. We are going to Spain in a few weeks. No need for testing and no need for vaccination for children travelling with us. We can stay in a resort, use the same restaurants and pools as others in close quarters with no issue. However, float the resort and RC get into testing, masks in the kids club, etc. 

Least Copenhagen will  allow kids under 12 to visit most ports freely. Hopefully our Barcelona cruise will have the same restrictions. Happy to have a test pre cruise if it means we can all sail safely. I know its not perfect but everything we can do to mitigate risk is beneficial. 

7 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

There is no requirement for testing when travelling generally within the EU. We are going to Spain in a few weeks. No need for testing and no need for vaccination for children travelling with us. We can stay in a resort, use the same restaurants and pools as others in close quarters with no issue. However, float the resort and RC get into testing, masks in the kids club, etc. 

Could still be worse as other cruise lines currently cruising in the EU still require masks indoors, expensive PCR tests, additional testing before boarding and even during the cruise. I believe the Royal policy is a big step forward.

On 3/18/2022 at 6:22 PM, Extra Kim said:

That's why I wait. 

EU will be releasing the new restrictions for travelling on March 31.

I will be on Odyssey in May and cannot find any information on RC about European sailings yet, as they simply dont know before end March.

Lots of restrictions have been lifted though, so I don´t expect RC to go beyond what EU govt. requires.

But you never know....

Happy sailing.

• Like 2