RCI European Sailing Protocols

3 hours ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

I realize that.  Generally the protocols have an ending date unless they have stopped doing that.

As they are for the spring TAs only... I assume they have an ending date aka end of the TA 😉!

And the ones for Copenhagen end by the season.

steamboats

• Like 2

22 hours ago, little britain said:

21 days until first European sailing…
perhaps the Intern could update the website from 30 days to 14 to set expectations 🤷‍♀️

Hello,

Perhaps we are two nations divided not only by a common language but also the ability to count.

Regards,

Cublet

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, little britain said:

1️⃣8️⃣ days until first European sailing and still no idea if we need to organise our own tests in Spain. 

I think it's very unlikely rccl wil do the testing themselves like they did last season. We are departing from the first voyager sailing in copenhagen and i think it will be the same for alle European sailings for now. Antigen test within 2 days of sailing. It does take some embarkation stress away. A positive test at the terminal is a nightmare scenario.  Doesn't change the fact that an update for the first sailing from Barcelona would be welcome . 

Edited by freddyfish
  • Like 1

Hello,

What I think is happening is this.

RCI is waiting until the last minute to hope that all the ports of call/countries on the itinerary have the same vaccination/testing requirements. This would make check-in easier and remove the possible need for testing during the cruise for subsequent ports of call/countries to satisfy the number of days prior to arrival requirements. And even more so for anyone on B2B cruises visiting a number of countries.

I fear that if this cannot be achieved then RCI will either (1) Bar some people from disembarking at ports of call or insist on ship excursions only, or (2) Start altering itineraries.

Regards,

Cublet

Edited by cublet
logic

1 hour ago, cublet said:

Hello,

What I think is happening is this.

RCI is waiting until the last minute to hope that all the ports of call/countries on the itinerary have the same vaccination/testing requirements. This would make check-in easier and remove the possible need for testing during the cruise for subsequent ports of call/countries to satisfy the number of days prior to arrival requirements. And even more so for anyone on B2B cruises visiting a number of countries.

I fear that if this cannot be achieved then RCI will either (1) Bar some people from disembarking at ports of call or insist on ship excursions only, or (2) Start altering itineraries.

Regards,

Cublet

Are there that many variations at the moment? As someone in the EU, I didn’t think there was any difference in going to Spain, France or Italy. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

Are there that many variations at the moment? As someone in the EU, I didn’t think there was any difference in going to Spain, France or Italy. 

From the UK I think I require a EU PLF and then another form for France, but not sure if I need one or three EU PLF forms.

Edited by Wedgeh
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wedgeh said:

From the UK I think I require a EU PLF and then another form for France, but not sure if I need one or three EU PLF forms.

I checked yesterday and it seems Spain needs  health control form qr code, Portugal needs passenger locator form (Portugal specific) , Netherlands needs Vaccine declaration covid 19, gibralter nothing is required. Denmark only requires covid pass. All except gibralter also need the covid pass. I am from UK. Not sure what is needed from other countries. I believe EU citizens don't need anything.

• Like 1

Hello,

I started an application for an arrival to Spain by sea and it said "For one arrival only". I could actually get no further this time as it has to be done no more than 48 hours before arrival and mine will be in May. But it's the 'one arrival' that gets me: What about my 'island hopping' around the Canaries and almost every trip to the Med calls into Spain on the way out and another port on the way back?

I don't think we're at the 'plain sailing' stage quite yet.

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

Nope, there is no difference. Vaccinated (12y up) you don´t need anything. I don´t think RCI will drop the vaccine mandate.

4 hours ago, Wedgeh said:

There is no EU PLF form... France does not have a form at all. You need to fill in the Spanish form and the Italian (which uses the EU website).

BTW Spain did drop the quarantine/isolation rules. So you can even go to work being positive. They take it like a flu now. So no worries about being tested positive at port. No isolation anymore in a sub par hotel.

steamboats

• Thanks 1

Holland America has updated their European sailing protocols. No pre testing requirements but fully vaccinated and a booster depending on the date of your vaccination along with an indoor mask mandate. Looks as though HA is trying to cover some countries who are requiring a booster depending on the date of your last vaccination jab. Again, below is “Holland America’s” current protocols. Hopefully RCG will update soon. 

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/worry-free-promise/travel-well/frequently-asked-questions/faq-for-cruises-from-europe.html

HA is not as strict as MSC’s protocols.

• Like 1

MSC out of Barcelona require PCR tests ( not LFT); and boosters if more than 270 days since jab 💉2.  And proof of covid cover insurance 

I’m quite happy with RCI requirements for a test prior to boarding. Especially if there are unvax children on board. 

Edited by little britain

1 hour ago, steamboats said:

Nope, there is no difference. Vaccinated (12y up) you don´t need anything. I don´t think RCI will drop the vaccine mandate.

There is no EU PLF form... France does not have a form at all. You need to fill in the Spanish form and the Italian (which uses the EU website).

BTW Spain did drop the quarantine/isolation rules. So you can even go to work being positive. They take it like a flu now. So no worries about being tested positive at port. No isolation anymore in a sub par hotel.

steamboats

Steamboats has it exactly right

12 hours ago, cruisingator2 said:

Holland America has updated their European sailing protocols.

Interesting... Obviously HAL opted to go with the most strict rules of the EU countries regarding the booster... which is Italy. But Italy requires the booster after 180 only for Italian citizens. All others are fine until the 270 day mark. And therefore Italy has the 270 day mark for all non Italian citizens regarding travel.

steamboats

How are y’all US folks handling the possibility of testing positive after the cruise and being unable to fly home as planned, especially as RCI isn’t planning on covering land based quarantine expenses after April 30th?

We land May 29th and plan to fly out to home on May 30th, so we are staying near the airport the night of the 30th. I also booked a set of rooms the 30th-June 7th that I can cancel for free up till 5pm on the 30th. This way, in case we test positive, we have a place to stay and aren’t paying last minute hotel rates. I know, I know; I’m an anxious panda, but for me, better safe than sorry. Wondering what contingency plans others folks are making.

• Like 2