RCI European Sailing Protocols

I booked an Alaska cruise from Vancouver, when last year, Canada assured the cruise industry that they will allow cruises.  Airlines, hotels, etc all need to be booked 6 months in advance for any international trip for best prices.  So I can see the delay in bookings for this summer cruise in Europe to be  caused because of the uncertainty of whether it will go or not go.  Lots of planning to have it canceled one month before.  Now you have no good options.  

I just think after 2 years most people learned to book the sure thing, or almost sure thing like I did, and wait for one more year until they know for certain for Europe

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I checked a couple of Royal's sailings and like those a few had tons of cabins still available even  at this late date.

I didn't get back in time to edit my post,. but look at this sailing June 5th on Voyager of the Seas 10 night sailing.

I would be concerned by the amount of cabins that are still available to book.

There are at least this many Suites and Balconies still available.

20- J4's

16- J3's

13 - GS's

6- OS's

14-4d's

40 -4b's

30- 2b's

Plus there are tons of outside and inside cabins still available for a cruise that is only 2 1/2 months away.

It's also concerning that prices are still high and have not been reduced to fill the ship.

So the question is will they still sail this sailing or cancel it because of low demand?

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

So the question is will they still sail this sailing or cancel it because of low demand?

If they happen to cancel (don't think so) unlikely RCI will tell you it's because of demand - they'll make up something, like due to the Russian war (like they made up the excuse for canceling Odyssey's season from Haifa). 

20 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

If they happen to cancel (don't think so) unlikely RCI will tell you it's because of demand - they'll make up something, like due to the Russian war (like they made up the excuse for canceling Odyssey's season from Haifa). 

True, isn't exactly a great time to go to Europe right now. No one knows what could happen next over there. So unstable.

Better off cruising from the USA  right now for sure.

On line check in is open for the first Voyager sailings. There is a big pop up saying:

Additional Protocols

Health and safety protocols for this cruise have not been announced. We anticipate both vaccination and testing requirements and encourage vaccine boosters.

Edited by little britain
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I didn't get back in time to edit my post,. but look at this sailing June 5th on Voyager of the Seas 10 night sailing.

I would be concerned by the amount of cabins that are still available to book.

There are at least this many Suites and Balconies still available.

20- J4's

16- J3's

13 - GS's

6- OS's

14-4d's

40 -4b's

30- 2b's

Plus there are tons of outside and inside cabins still available for a cruise that is only 2 1/2 months away.

It's also concerning that prices are still high and have not been reduced to fill the ship.

All Voyager Europe 22 prices are very low, at least when I look at European Royal websides. E..g. Balcony 7 days in the range of Euro 800 per person, in normal times it was about 50-70% higher for Northern Europe. However, if they withdraw her from the Baltic they have to fill another big ship elsewhere at short notice. This will also not guarantee high prices, e.g. in the Caribbean. After Covid they have to start over in all markets, even if not with much revenue. European cruised with Jewel or Apex in the last year did also not gain much profit but brought the brand back in the market.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, little britain said:

On line check in is open for the first Voyager sailings. There is a big pop up saying:

Additional Protocols

Health and safety protocols for this cruise have not been announced. We anticipate both vaccination and testing requirements and encourage vaccine boosters.

April 24 is also open for check in!

12 minutes ago, little britain said:

Yup. Done that one too!

Admittedly it seems a little strange signing up for a trip when you don’t know what the rules are….! 🤷‍♀️

Is there an advantage of  checking in early?

1 hour ago, little britain said:

Additional Protocols

Same situation with May Anthem TA.

5 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

Any updates?

This doesn't help to clarify the situation but I'm on the April 15th sailing and after checking-in via the website yesterday, I logged in via the app today and was asked to upload proof of the last vaccination I had - only the date and evidence of the last dose. 

Perhaps RC is waiting to see how many guests have had a booster? or lack of, depending on what you submit as proof and date of last dose? 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Zana711 said:

This doesn't help to clarify the situation but I'm on the April 15th sailing and after checking-in via the website yesterday, I logged in via the app today and was asked to upload proof of the last vaccination I had - only the date and evidence of the last dose. 

Perhaps RC is waiting to see how many guests have had a booster? or lack of, depending on what you submit as proof and date of last dose? 

I also submitted the booster proof to be under the 270 day requirement for Spain and Denmark. 🤞.  It’s still being validated.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, little britain said:

I also submitted the booster proof to be under the 270 day requirement for Spain and Denmark. 🤞.  It’s still being validated.

Mmm this could be a problem for later in the summer.  We have Anthem cruise in Sept . Our booster was last Nov.  The 270 day mark is in August.  I shouldn't think we'll get our next booster until they roll out the winter flu jab, so round about Oct/Nov.  

5 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Mmm this could be a problem for later in the summer.  We have Anthem cruise in Sept . Our booster was last Nov.  The 270 day mark is in August.  I shouldn't think we'll get our next booster until they roll out the winter flu jab, so round about Oct/Nov.  

The 270 day requirement in the EU is for primary series of vaccinations.  After 270 days a booster is required.  There is no expiration date for booster shots.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, yogini06 said:

The 270 day requirement in the EU is for primary series of vaccinations.  After 270 days a booster is required.  There is no expiration date for booster shots.

Thank you, good to  know 😀

Hopefully RC notice that the EU requirement for vaccination is all that is needed for adults. No testing requirements to travel within the EU. Also kids under 12 don’t require vaccination to travel from one EU country to another. 
I’ll put on my Kevlar vest now in anticipation of the people who love restrictions taking shots at me 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

Hopefully RC notice that the EU requirement for vaccination is all that is needed for adults. No testing requirements to travel within the EU. Also kids under 12 don’t require vaccination to travel from one EU country to another. 
I’ll put on my Kevlar vest now in anticipation of the people who love restrictions taking shots at me 😎

I agree with this!!!

On 3/15/2022 at 10:21 AM, FionaMG said:

Yup, this is the same info they've had up for about a month. I wonder if that first Voyager sailing is actually happening and if they've sent info direct to passengers.

They updated the shore excursions offered and we are fully checked in for our cruise out of Barcelona on April 15th. So far it looks like we are a go ….

• Like 1

7 hours ago, little britain said:

I submitted ours today as well for the April 15th sailing ..also pending validation.