Carnival Requiring Booster for 16 Day Voyage - Is This New?

TravelBluebird

23 hours ago, firefly333 said:

My oasis cruise is out of miami spring break 2023. I live in texas. I guess I should book sooner rather than later.

I looked at the repositioning cruise I think the op is talking about, good price but no way I'm flying to miami and home from seattle. ..I booked the 14 day out of Galveston lol. So much easier. 

I was looking at the one in 2024, but the dates are when my kids are in school. I don't want to be away from them for 14 days straight and I can't pull them out of school for that long.  Kind of a bummer because my husband can work from the ship so we are pretty free for the most part other than my kids' school. 

46 minutes ago, Lane Hog said:

No, but there is evidence of long natural immunity given the 200 years that virology has been studied and documented...

People catching a 2 year old disease multiple times shoots that myth down.

39 minutes ago, mz-s said:

What is this constant boosting doing to our immune systems? We are going off topic here but those who are interested can do their own research and speak to their doctor.

Constant boosting? Like a flu shot? Or all the unregulated supplements willingly ingested.

What is contracting a virus known to affect heart and lungs doing? Especially when someone contracts it multiple times?

1 minute ago, BlerkOne said:

Constant boosting? Like a flu shot? Or all the unregulated supplements willingly ingested.

What is contracting a virus known to affect heart and lungs doing? Especially when someone contracts it multiple times?

And then consider the fact that people are contracting the virus multiple times plus have been vaccinated / boosted.

45 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

I was looking at the one in 2024, but the dates are when my kids are in school. I don't want to be away from them for 14 days straight and I can't pull them out of school for that long.  Kind of a bummer because my husband can work from the ship so we are pretty free for the most part other than my kids' school. 

That's too bad. Seems like a lot of us booked the jan 2024  cruise and joined the roll call saying, too good of a deal to pass up. At least 43 now and its 2024 lol. It's a long time to wait! I'm boosted. By then probably required to be double boosted. Pfe today asked for approval for 2nd booster for ages 65 and over. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mz-s said:

And then consider the fact that people are contracting the virus multiple times plus have been vaccinated / boosted.

I do know of people who were vaccinated and caught it twice.

I've yet to know someone who had COVID -prior- to vaccination and caught it twice.  Doesn't mean they don't exist, but I'd think that I'd have come across someone by now.

23 minutes ago, Lane Hog said:

I've yet to know someone who had COVID -prior- to vaccination and caught it twice.  Doesn't mean they don't exist, but I'd think that I'd have come across someone by now.

I tested positive for Covid antibodies in April of 2020 (I believe I had it after Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend in January of 2020, but it wasn't a thing to test for back then). I was 2x vaccinated + boosted, but tested positive for Covid with no symptoms at the end of 2021 -- either picked it up on a Christmas trip to Vegas or a pre-NYE Saints game here at the Superdome. Only tested because I needed the negative test for a sailing on the Glory, so womp womp. Never had a single symptom (other than sheer boredom) for the 11 days I tested positive.

So, we're out there. I never would've known I was presenting the virus to others if I hadn't needed that negative antigen test to sail. I actually ran a half marathon the morning I took my test that ended up being positive.

59 minutes ago, keels81 said:

I tested positive for Covid antibodies in April of 2020 (I believe I had it after Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend in January of 2020, but it wasn't a thing to test for back then). I was 2x vaccinated + boosted, but tested positive for Covid with no symptoms at the end of 2021 -- either picked it up on a Christmas trip to Vegas or a pre-NYE Saints game here at the Superdome. Only tested because I needed the negative test for a sailing on the Glory, so womp womp. Never had a single symptom (other than sheer boredom) for the 11 days I tested positive.

So, we're out there. I never would've known I was presenting the virus to others if I hadn't needed that negative antigen test to sail. I actually ran a half marathon the morning I took my test that ended up being positive.

Exactly while I'll continue to get boosted. Thanks for your first hand experience. It's very useful and helpful to hear first hand experiences. I've heard this story many times. The vaccine phobia is a concern for some, not me though. Exercising my immune system with vaccines is a blessing. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lane Hog said:

I've yet to meet anyone who knows a significant percentage of the population.

2 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Exactly while I'll continue to get boosted. Thanks for your first hand experience. It's very useful and helpful to hear first hand experiences. I've heard this story many times. The vaccine phobia is a concern for some, not me though. Exercising my immune system with vaccines is a blessing. 

It really is an irrational fear the antivaxxers have.

6 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

It took my husband six days to finally test positive after my positive (though, I did quarantine myself and wear an N95 mask in the house when I was not in my quarantine room or outside), and even then he was just testing to test -- he never had any symptoms and tested out on a PCR three days later.

He was boosted more recently than me (I was at the end of September when it first became available, he was the first of November when he was at the six month mark). I'll be happy to keep getting a booster as long as they're approving them, though. Gimme all the antibodies for all the things. I haven't grown a third eye or horns (at least that are visible) after 40 years of vaccines ...