Where are lanyards purchased

wilderness1

7 hours ago, Pinboy said:

AND,  Away We GO--------Again !!

Definition of a Lanyard :

An item worn around ones neck to indicate their " Status " level ( how much I spent over many years of cruising to " win " ( ?? ) this, or, to by-pass " Security " ( the 87 yr old sleeping( ?? ) at the door of an office building ).

Holy cow, 12 yrs ago when I won the putting contest ( 4 days of " killing time " at 11 am ) , the Assistant to the Assistant Cruise Director offered me one of them, or a key chain, or a t shirt with a big " X " on it. 

Every time I wash my car with that t shirt I think of the " pressure " in that " tournament " ( ?? ) -- 

It was a pretty close final round, but, luckily for me, the last guy to putt was distracted and lost his balance when his 32 yr old " granddaughter " ( ?? ) blew a kiss for good luck. 

You should be so embarrassed ....  

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

I always wear a lanyard on Celebrity, because I am required to dress fancier than I was on NCL. On NCL, I always wore jeans and therefore had pockets. Most women's dress pants or skirts/dresses don't have pockets, so a lanyard is the only way for me to carry around my SeaPass card.

A small wristlet works great and looks nicer, regardless of what you wear. One will hold your room key, phone, and glasses….

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mikewomb said:

A small wristlet works great and looks nicer, regardless of what you wear. One will hold your room key, phone, and glasses….

Wristlet is a pain in the ___. Really doesn't solve the "not having to carry anything" issue, interferes with everything you do and I don't think it looks nicer either. I have no idea why this is even a discussion. It's like bickering as to whether someone should wear an undershirt or not.  However anyone carries their sea pass card is their business...except please not in your underwear. Someone else may have to touch it.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

Wristlet is a pain in the ___. Really doesn't solve the "not having to carry anything" issue, interferes with everything you do and I don't think it looks nicer either. I have no idea why this is even a discussion. It's like bickering as to whether someone should wear an undershirt or not.  However anyone carries their sea pass card is their business...except please not in your underwear. Someone else may have to touch it.

You think? I have several, just perfect for cruising. LV is too big to drag around 🙄

Lanyards! I agree you should wear one if its convenient and I think it is a major stretch to try to turn it into a ‘status/show off’ thingee.

I don’t wear one because I had to at work all day long and I enjoy watching my wife roll her eyes as I go through all my pockets in my travel vest looking for the darn thing..

But I’ve been doing a Japanese braiding technique called Kumihimo and its more simpler braidings can be used to make lanyards. When I first started Kumihimo, I made a few lanyards with College colors. I may have to do them with the Celebrity ‘X’ on them! Of course I won’t do the exact ‘X’ so I dont get sued!!

Den

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

I think it is a major stretch to try to turn it into a ‘status/show off’ thingee.

On Disney and even to some extent on Royal it definitely had status/show off feel to it

14 minutes ago, Woody14 said:

On Disney and even to some extent on Royal it definitely had status/show off feel to it

No idea what the Disney pass cards looks like but most people have no idea what the various colors of Celebrity cards stand for and would never notice, and those that may know don’t care….which leaves about 01.28% of the passenger population wearing a lanyard trying to show off their status and 0.00945% who would notice. 

And as to the special ‘status’ some card gives us, when we were on a cruise with our daughter and they were providing the free drinks to us Elites (yes, I snuck that in to show off my status!!), my daughter started to hand her card to her to pay for the drink, and she just smiled and said not to worry. The Celebrity Hostess was there and just smiled and nodded ‘yup’. So much for special colored passes! Now that’s Classy.

Just to continue this ‘status/show off’ thing, the reason the waiter didn’t take my daughter’s card was probably because I tipped her earlier….and of course I made it a big deal and flashed my money all around as I handed it to her!!! (A takeoff on another thread…..about tipping)

den

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Denny01 said:

No idea what the Disney pass cards looks like but most people have no idea what the various colors of Celebrity cards stand for and would never notice, and those that may know don’t care….which leaves about 01.28% of the passenger population wearing a lanyard trying to show off their status and 0.00945% who would notice. 

And as to the special ‘status’ some card gives us, when we were on a cruise with our daughter and they were providing the free drinks to us Elites (yes, I snuck that in to show off my status!!), my daughter started to hand her card to her to pay for the drink, and she just smiled and said not to worry. The Celebrity Hostess was there and just smiled and nodded ‘yup’. So much for special colored passes! Now that’s Classy.

Just to continue this ‘status/show off’ thing, the reason the waiter didn’t take my daughter’s card was probably because I tipped her earlier….and of course I made it a big deal and flashed my money all around as I handed it to her!!! (A takeoff on another thread…..about tipping)

den

now that was funny:)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Denny01 said:

And as to the special ‘status’ some card gives us, when we were on a cruise with our daughter and they were providing the free drinks to us Elites (yes, I snuck that in to show off my status!!)

Is Elite a status? May need to do a whole new list of lanyard wearing categories. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Denny01 said:

Disney gives lanyards to returning cruisers, and the lanyards are the color of the status (silver, gold, etc.). I got a silver lanyard on my first cruise (it was a TA and I think the check-in guy was just trying to be nice). When I told people onboard that story, they told me I shouldn't wear it because I hadn't earned that status. 🙄

• Haha 1

If you do wear one make sure that it is a break away.   It is amazing how stuff get snagged on something.   My coat or shirt  sleeve  sometimes gets snagged on my storm door handle.   

I don’t want a noose around my neck that could get snagged on something and not be able to get loose.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, hrhdhd said:

Disney gives lanyards to returning cruisers, and the lanyards are the color of the status (silver, gold, etc.). I got a silver lanyard on my first cruise (it was a TA and I think the check-in guy was just trying to be nice). When I told people onboard that story, they told me I shouldn't wear it because I hadn't earned that status. 🙄

Princess and Carnival does the same.  The passengers on those cruises to flaunt their status.   They will wear all of the pins they got form every cruise on the landyard , hat or vest 

You can always tell some newbie on Celebrity that sailed on those lines as they will be checking out the color on your card and usually ask what status it is.

I always try to keep my card hidden in the palm of my hand while waiting to be served a drink. Besides not wanting to answers questions I don’t want the server or BT thinking I am expecting faster or better  service because of the cabin category I am in.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

For me its never about showing anything other than ‘Im on a cruise!’ The same as my Disney ‘ears’ show I am in Disney! Its a practical thing too, to access my card without having to rummage for it. Now I will be wondering if everyone is judging me 😞 As if we don’t have enough worries in the world. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, miched said:

Princess and Carnival does the same.  The passengers on those cruises to flaunt their status.   They will wear all of the pins they got form every cruise on the landyard , hat or vest 

You can always tell some newbie on Celebrity that sailed on those lines as they will be checking out the color on your card and usually ask what status it is.

I always try to keep my card hidden in the palm of my hand while waiting to be served a drink. Besides not wanting to answers questions I don’t want the server or BT thinking I am expecting faster or better  service because of the cabin category I am in.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I can guarantee that no one who matters will give a twit as to what color your card is. I certainly don't. Nor do I think the color of your card is a measure of your wealth, success, or "class".  When we are both in a bathing suit soaking in the solarium pool, I promise...we are all created equal! 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, louise1809 said:

For me its never about showing anything other than ‘Im on a cruise!’ The same as my Disney ‘ears’ show I am in Disney! Its a practical thing too, to access my card without having to rummage for it. Now I will be wondering if everyone is judging me 😞 As if we don’t have enough worries in the world. 

I wouldn’t give it a second thought.  If you wearing a lanyard is enough to cause another adult to judge you, you can rest assured that you are not the one with an issue. 

Keep enjoying yourself on cruises and at Disney!

• Like 4

Our choice changed at retirement, if you wear a pass/I.d for work the lanyard is something you may be used to, now we never bother as the little card wallets supplied are used by us both.

Really don’t know how threads can get so argumentative!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, louise1809 said:

We’re all being judged. Always. (This is not a religious comment but one about humanity) but yeah. Wear a lanyard and  people are judging you like black socks with khaki shorts. 

2 hours ago, mfs2k said:

We’re all being judged. Always. (This is not a religious comment but one about humanity) but yeah. Wear a lanyard and  people are judging you like black socks with khaki shorts. 

Well that attitude gives yourself permission to always be judgmental. Very self-serving.  It's the same as saying it's human nature to be prejudiced. This is an excuse. those that feel this way should do better.  We all can, if we don't make excuses for ourselves. 

Edited by Guppy99