One More Covid Testing Question

travellingnana

Save yourselves some grief and purchase the proctored Antigen test from EMED - Abbott BinaxNOW™ COVID-19 Ag Card Home Test.    My insurance (HealthNet) has covered 100% my purchases of 2 orders of the 6 pack tests.

The tests are easy to do as long as you have a smart phone plus you can do them in the convenience of your own home or hotel.   Why stress over doing a PCR test (unless you have too)?

On a side note:  A week ago I had a PCR test done at Rite Aid in San Diego and had the results back in less than 24 hours.   

Side note #2:   My parents got off a cruise in late January and both tested positive for Covid when they got home.    All is well and we are scheduled for a cruise April 3rd.   I suggested they get a PCR test done so in case they still show up positive (you can up to 3 months) then they could get the doctor's note stating they have full recovered from covid.    Well, my dad's came back positive, so it's a good thing he went and got tested 3 weeks outside of our cruise.     Why did I suggest he do this?   Because you never know if the ship will do random covid tests or mandatory tests.....you may only get an antigen, but on some ships you get the PCR test.    Then my dad would be subject to quarantine.

Boy, I got off on a tangent.....I'll stop 🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, leck57 said:

Not sure what you mean by get an email. About what?

LOL - I though my comment was attached to another one about the Covid tests.  My comment about an email concerns what do we have to show them when we get on the ship proving we had the test - I'm assuming an email from wherever we got the test?  No problems with the App on the tablet - we're both Green Lane - but it's early 🙂

• Like 1

We are cruising June 2nd out of Southampton.  We depart Canada on May 30, arriving May 31st.  If we find a place in London to do a test will that be acceptable?  We are fully vaccinated and boosted.

56 minutes ago, momphoto said:

We are cruising June 2nd out of Southampton.  We depart Canada on May 30, arriving May 31st.  If we find a place in London to do a test will that be acceptable?  We are fully vaccinated and boosted.

Tests taken on May 31st or June 1st will be fine. Or get tested at the port. 

1 hour ago, bjkTX said:

LOL - I though my comment was attached to another one about the Covid tests.  My comment about an email concerns what do we have to show them when we get on the ship proving we had the test - I'm assuming an email from wherever we got the test?  No problems with the App on the tablet - we're both Green Lane - but it's early 🙂

I go to my healthcare provider’s app or website to see the results of my PCR test & print the results to show them during embarkation.

4 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

I go to my healthcare provider’s app or website to see the results of my PCR test & print the results to show them during embarkation.

Thank you Mr. Flyer!

• Haha 1

I don't understand why they make a difference for Antigen at 2 days for vaccinated and 3 days for Boosted. How does vaccination level affect test accuracy and how does it relate to 2 or 3 days. Does not make sense.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cruzin4us said:

Save yourselves some grief and purchase the proctored Antigen test from EMED - Abbott BinaxNOW™ COVID-19 Ag Card Home Test.    My insurance (HealthNet) has covered 100% my purchases of 2 orders of the 6 pack tests.

The tests are easy to do as long as you have a smart phone plus you can do them in the convenience of your own home or hotel.   Why stress over doing a PCR test (unless you have too)?

On a side note:  A week ago I had a PCR test done at Rite Aid in San Diego and had the results back in less than 24 hours.   

Side note #2:   My parents got off a cruise in late January and both tested positive for Covid when they got home.    All is well and we are scheduled for a cruise April 3rd.   I suggested they get a PCR test done so in case they still show up positive (you can up to 3 months) then they could get the doctor's note stating they have full recovered from covid.    Well, my dad's came back positive, so it's a good thing he went and got tested 3 weeks outside of our cruise.     Why did I suggest he do this?   Because you never know if the ship will do random covid tests or mandatory tests.....you may only get an antigen, but on some ships you get the PCR test.    Then my dad would be subject to quarantine.

Boy, I got off on a tangent.....I'll stop 🙂

Our plan also is to use these test.  I will turn the price in to our insurance.  Question...did they cover the shipping also?  Seems a heavy price for shipping but there is no choice but one day shipping!  I am so glad there is this option out there!!!!  

1 hour ago, ROWSE said:

Our plan also is to use these test.  I will turn the price in to our insurance.  Question...did they cover the shipping also?  Seems a heavy price for shipping but there is no choice but one day shipping!  I am so glad there is this option out there!!!!  

They reimbursed me for everything but shipping costs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ROWSE said:

We ordered the tests from Optum. Free shipping…although it wasn’t one day shipping….took maybe 3-4 days from order. 

On 3/18/2022 at 11:23 AM, wp bob said:

yes I saw this conflict too. Which is it? I can easily get a 3 day test. 2 days is a little harder to guarantee getting results.

Actually the 2 day test is an antigen test that you can order on the web and take at home.  The kits come in a package of two.  They must be proctored (you will connect to emed and have someone watch you take the test but you will have the results in 15 minutes.  The cost for a package is around $30.  Here in Texas to get a PCR test guaranteed to have results in 72 hours it will cost you around $150.  I did the antigen test last month for my last cruise and it was very  easy to do.

2 hours ago, gone2c said:

Actually the 2 day test is an antigen test that you can order on the web and take at home.  The kits come in a package of two.  They must be proctored (you will connect to emed and have someone watch you take the test but you will have the results in 15 minutes.  The cost for a package is around $30.  Here in Texas to get a PCR test guaranteed to have results in 72 hours it will cost you around $150.  I did the antigen test last month for my last cruise and it was very  easy to do.

From where did you order proctored in-home eMed tests in packages of two for $30?  We've purchased them before, but only in packages of 6 for $150.  And that's still all I can find on their website.  Here's a link to their website.  https://www.emed.com/products/covid-at-home-testkit-six-pack?hsLang=en1646253836_eMedTests.jpg.719f425710048592385dfa8b6e1d1e91.jpg

This is a post on another thread about Proctoring for the free Government supplied kit.

https://ihealthlabs.com/products/ihealth-verified-covid-test-service

I ordered several free test kits from them US government. iHealth will monitored the test for $20.00. I sent them the Princess antigen requirement for boarding in Fort Lauderdale and this was their reply:

Brian (iHealth Labs, Inc.) 

Mar 17, 2022, 4:06 PM PDT 

Hello,
Yes, our Verified Test can be used to fulfill the testing requirements of Princess Cruise Line, provided that you are fully vaccinated.
Customer Service Representative

iHealth Lab, Inc.
http://ihealthlabs.com

We purchased the Optum tests from the link provided on the Princess website. The price was dang high ($69) but we didn't want to chance it with Kaiser or our local testing options that might not give our results in the right amount of time. And it's still less expensive than using the proctored rapid tests in my area.

Looking at the Optum website, it appears that we can't make an appointment for the proctoring, but we click on a link to get there when we're ready. We are both boosted but are going to do this two days out just in case because it does seem a little confusing. lol