NCL bus to Disney

I’ve booked my family ( grandkids 7 and 10) on the Getaway for February 2023 school break. We hope to go  to Disney via the NCL excursion bus,  but it isn’t offered yet? As of now Disney has reservations availability and tickets. I wanted to jump on this but now I can’t. This is a new itinerary with round trip NY that includes Norfolk ( for Colonial Williamsburg) and Bermuda. Eight days tailored for the kiddies. Anyone one have any info? Do you think they are having trouble get sufficient buses? Or maybe they are planning to change the day of the ports. The amount of time in Orlando is great. Much longer than prior cruises. Should I panic. The kids have never been to Disney.

17 minutes ago, Treasure Hunter said:

Has anyone taken this bus excursion? Is it easy to find the bus stop when you want to return?

I took the bus back in 2008.  Bus was easy to find, they picked you up at the same spot they dropped you off at

Because we are treating the family to this cruise. Disney would be so expensive for them, flying and hotel etc. They are thrilled to just give the kids this opportunity to see the castle and characters and get mouse ears. It will be enough. They’re going to do a day in Colonial Williamsburg at the Norfolk stop too. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Treasure Hunter said:

Because we are treating the family to this cruise. Disney would be so expensive for them, flying and hotel etc. They are thrilled to just give the kids this opportunity to see the castle and characters and get mouse ears. It will be enough. They’re going to do a day in Colonial Williamsburg at the Norfolk stop too. 

A Disney cruise would have been great for these kids, but of course with adults - NCL would probably be less costly. If just to see the castle, characters, to get mouse ears and to get on some rides - sure, it would do.

Hopefully, NCL will stop at Orlando. You can call the shore excursion line to reserve tickets when it open up later on. You would have to keep checking on it if you cannot reserve / purchase it under your cruise summary. As for bus pick up/stop, they will tell you the time plus give you information.

12 hours ago, Treasure Hunter said:

Keep in mind it’s a vacation week for many and it will be very crowded, no more fast passes, and as of now they are still not having character meets, but who knows a year from now.

4 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

Keep in mind it’s a vacation week for many and it will be very crowded, no more fast passes, and as of now they are still not having character meets, but who knows a year from now.

Genie + is the "NEW PAID FAST PASS" and it is an addition charge; almost everyone is getting it; so it may not be that much faster and can only be done one ride at a time.. lots of smart phone usage. Complicated trying to find open rides to apply next reservation AND DOES NOT APPLY TO ALL RIDES?? (The most popular and new rides)

Disney is trying to steer and manipulate crowd control - operations research management.

Waiting to see how summer season works out with wait times using it, people are already complaining.. but it may be that it is a "change" and they are un-familiar with the process and it will get better with more usage.

But that is this year, who knows about next year...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gen X Life said:

Genie + is the "NEW PAID FAST PASS" and it is an addition charge; almost everyone is getting it; so it may not be that much faster and can only be done one ride at a time.. lots of smart phone usage. Complicated trying to find open rides to apply next reservation AND DOES NOT APPLY TO ALL RIDES?? (The most popular and new rides)

Disney is trying to steer and manipulate crowd control - operations research management.

Waiting to see how summer season works out with wait times using it, people are already complaining.. but it may be that it is a "change" and they are un-familiar with the process and it will get better with more usage.

But that is this year, who knows about next year...

Unfortunately I think changes made during Covid that either saved them money or made them money are here to stay.

Hi we have done this excursion, we ended up having about 4 hours in the park, next time we had a car/limo service and had so much more time in the park, we didn’t have to wait to get off the ship as with our excursion was a huge issue, we didn’t leave until about 2:30 getting to the park at about 3:30 then leaving the park I think it was about 7:30, it may be worth your while to look into a limo service, and they will have the best day!!!

I would strongly recommend against Disney as a cruise ship destination. 

Before I give my reasons,  let me give a tiny bit of background.   I'm a HUGE Disney fan.  I litterally live steps from Disney property and my family's life revolves around it.  I basically have to drive through Disney to get anywhere except Northwest.  

First off,  coming in Feb with school ahe kids makes me assume they're on winter break from a school in the northeast.   So are millions of other kids.  Tons of them flock down here in Mid-February.   Especially around President's Day and one of the marathon weekends.   The parks are PACKED!  

Further,  Genie+ plays against you in this case.  People will be booking their 2 and 3rd attractions by thr time you walk to the park so availability and wait times for the attractions you want will be longer.   You'll end up standing in long lines for C Ticket attractions. 

At best, you'll get to see a part of one of the parks.

And at the end of the day, you'll miss the fireworks shows.

I would strongly suggest something like the Kennedy Space Center.   They have some new attractions and irs convenient to the port.

Disney is amazing and you should take your grandkids..... just at a time when they'll have an opportunity to enjoy more of it.

• Like 5

Thanks for all your help. This itinerary makes a major change for the Orlando port. If things work out( if) the ship arrives at 7:30 am and doesn’t leave until 6:30. So, a much longer day. My daughter is for sure wanting a Disney day. The limo idea is a good one. I’m nervous not taking a ships excursion but it sounds smarter. 

I was on the Getaway (02.27.2022) with a Port Canaveral stop from 1:00 PM - 9:00 PM ... the ship arrived late in Port and the bus did not leave until 3:00 PM ... we arrived in Disney at 4:00 PM ... it translated to no more than 3 full hours in the port ... the good news for me ... it only cost me via NCL bus $7.00 round trip taking into account the $50.00 credit and my Sapphire 15% ... I also have a Disney annual pass ... do I did not pay park admission ... If you really have your heart set on Disney ... I would rent a car and invest in the Genie feature ... also keep in mind ... the bus parks at the transportation and ticket center to accommodate MK and Epcot guests ... 

6 hours ago, Yesimapirate said:

I would strongly suggest something like the Kennedy Space Center.   They have some new attractions and irs convenient to the port.

KSC is definitely a better idea - and we have Disney Annual Passports. (We live in Orlando . . .) 

• Like 1

On 3/21/2022 at 10:51 AM, Treasure Hunter said:

I’ve booked my family ( grandkids 7 and 10) on the Getaway for February 2023 school break. We hope to go  to Disney via the NCL excursion bus,  but it isn’t offered yet? As of now Disney has reservations availability and tickets. I wanted to jump on this but now I can’t. This is a new itinerary with round trip NY that includes Norfolk ( for Colonial Williamsburg) and Bermuda. Eight days tailored for the kiddies. Anyone one have any info? Do you think they are having trouble get sufficient buses? Or maybe they are planning to change the day of the ports. The amount of time in Orlando is great. Much longer than prior cruises. Should I panic. The kids have never been to Disney.

Well, honesty, after 35 week+ long WDW with sons and now GK's ~

We would not recommend that, for your GK's, their first visit to Disney would be a cruise stop, via buses, in a window of time that is physically and emotionally nerve-wrecking and crushing. 

If you took them to Disney for the first time for a week, you wouldn't get in half of what is there to see and experience and you still would be overwhelmed physically and emotionally. 

Add to that.  It, the debarkation, bus/car, traffic, WDW current ticketing, Genie+, long-lines, return bus/car, traffic is a recipe for disaster.  Seriously.

If you must do an excursion, others have recommended the KSC.  We've done that with kids also.  A much more 'realistic' (i.e., not saying it is a better venue than WDW for sure) for a short time-line alternative.

If the ship holds true to the present itinerary of 7:30 am to 6:30 pm we might do the private car service for the one day. We are taking this cruise because it fits perfectly in the vacation time, it is round trip NY so no flying( wasting two days) we LOVE cruising. And it it a cheer up after two lost years. But thanks  so much. All fine ideas.