Koningsdam question -Beethoven and Navigation deck

pmjnh

Hello,

I see that there are public rooms below Beethoven deck and above the Navigation Deck. Can anyone with experience ,address the noise factor if you had a stateroom on either of these decks?

Thank you

We had #4044 for 21 B2B carribbean 2 years ago and was quiet enough for us. It was partially obstructed ( first time for us in OB) and that part was not too bad as the deck was abit larger so made up for the obstruction. The cabin itself was abit on the dark side as very different layout. 

2 hours ago, pmjnh said:

Hello,

I see that there are public rooms below Beethoven deck and above the Navigation Deck. Can anyone with experience ,address the noise factor if you had a stateroom on either of these decks?

Thank you

You have to be very picky which cabin to select on those two decks IMO.  I dislike being below the pool areas for example, do to noise.

40 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

You have to be very picky which cabin to select on those two decks IMO.  I dislike being below the pool areas for example, do to noise.

Yes...booked today and chose Gershwin deck. picky is good 😉

• Like 1

On either deck, it's going to depend on which cabin you're considering. I'd be more concerned with Navigation deck between the lido buffet and pool over Beethoven. Generally speaking, I'd opt for Beethoven not know which specific cabin you're considering.

We have been on both decks.  Our cabin, 4053, on Beethoven was quiet, and the obstucted view was not bad.  Currently, you cannot walk from the front of the ship to the back on Beethoven deck, due to cabins being blocked off mid-ship on both sides as quarantine cabins.

We were on Navigation deck last fall, in two cabins.  The first, 8142, just off the elevator lobby was quiet.  The second, 8177, was under the open aft deck.  We heard chairs being moved early mornings, but otherwise it was not a problem.

How did I fall for a newb mistake?

Didn't even think about this when I booked on this ship. I was sailing with my in-laws that needed an accessible room and didn't even factor this into the thinking. So unlike me, usually I am aware of above, below, maintenance closets and stairwells.

We are in 814x which looks to be below the lido market.

We were just on the NS and in an aft cabin on Beethoven deck.  When coming into port we could hear the capstains for the mooring lines powering up.  Not loud but a good indication that we were getting close to the port.

2 hours ago, five. said:

Didn't even think about this when I booked on this ship. I was sailing with my in-laws that needed an accessible room and didn't even factor this into the thinking. So unlike me, usually I am aware of above, below, maintenance closets and stairwells.

It happens to the best of us. I was so excited to get two large adjoining insides, I didn't pay attention to the fact that it was on this deck either or that there was a report of the room being noisy. Fortunately, we upgraded to two connecting family ocean view cabins, so the error was solved.

Given that your cabin is below a seating area of the lido, I wouldn't worry about it too much. The bulk of the noise complaints come from being under the kitchen areas or under the pool deck and hearing the chairs being dragged around. Further, I don't see any reports of noise on the cruise deck plans website.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jkrislc said:

Given that your cabin is below a seating area of the lido, I wouldn't worry about it too much. The bulk of the noise complaints come from being under the kitchen areas or under the pool deck and hearing the chairs being dragged around. Further, I don't see any reports of noise on the cruise deck plans website.

Yea, factoring in two mobility scooters has been my main focus in all of my planning for this one. Many thanks for checking behind me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, five. said:

We are literally in cabin 814x on the K right this minute -- I'm on my bed. I don't hear the Lido Market at all - ever. All I hear are my hangers banging into each other which is an easy fix. 😀 There's a bit more ship noise and movement but we love that part cruise travel. 

• Like 1

To Quartzsite Cruiser we are going to be in VF8181 which I believe was next to room 8177 October 8-24 16  day Hawaii Cruise. on all our cruises we have had inside cabins deck 3 and 4 midship. I'm hoping I made the right decision choosing this room hope to surprise my wife. Your comments regarding the chairs should really be no issue since we are early risers.  How is the motion? So looking forward to have having coffee on the verandah. then walking around the deck 9 or 10. Enjoy taking pictures of wildlife will usually be found hanging out at the rail with a camera.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2022 at 12:01 PM, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

We have been on both decks.  Our cabin, 4053, on Beethoven was quiet, and the obstucted view was not bad.  Currently, you cannot walk from the front of the ship to the back on Beethoven deck, due to cabins being blocked off mid-ship on both sides as quarantine cabins.

We were on Navigation deck last fall, in two cabins.  The first, 8142, just off the elevator lobby was quiet.  The second, 8177, was under the open aft deck.  We heard chairs being moved early mornings, but otherwise it was not a problem.

Hello, I have booked deck 4 and wonder if you could tell me where the quarantine rooms start and end, in other rooms where do they have it blocked off?  Thanks.  I am in 8053 and hoping I can go both ways to elevators.

Thanks