Transfer to a Travel Agent

ladysail2

Yes, but there is a time frame in which it must be done (maybe 60 days), can't remember.  Last time I did it, it took Princess at least 5 weeks or more to process the transfer, with my TA bugging them weekly.

• Like 1

And request has to be made prior to final payment.  Although we submitter proof that we had requested this transfer prior to final payment, Princess declined because they had been so far behind they didn't get to our request until after final payment.

I am trying to transfert a booking I did yesterday for one of the newly released itinery on the Enchanted.  I find it unbelievable that they are making It so difficult!  Not my fault this sailing is put on sale less than 60 days from sailing!

It took Princess weeks to contact me to say they couldn’t open the attachment with the transfer request.  Final payment has been made so hope our TA doesn’t loose out because of their issues.  🤞🏻

8 hours ago, Moustique said:

I am trying to transfert a booking I did yesterday for one of the newly released itinery on the Enchanted.  I find it unbelievable that they are making It so difficult!  Not my fault this sailing is put on sale less than 60 days from sailing!

You should have just booked it with the TA.  If you booked it through Princess directly and the sailing was under 60 days, then you should have paid for the entire cruise and and thus it can no longer be transferred.

You have nobody but yourself for not knowing the rules before you booked the cruise.  By not knowing the rules, you cheated yourself out of a discount, perks or OBC from the TA you would have transferred the booking to.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ladysail2 said:

I’m sorry if this has been asked already…if I book a cruise with a Princess planner, can I then transfer the booking to a travel agent?

Thank you for any information. 😊

I have a T/A & when I booked a cruise with Princess myself, & decided to transfer my booking to my T/A, all I did was give my booking # to my T/A & they did everything. I’ve never filled out any papers. 

Tom😀

Another thing is to not put any money on it before TA takes it over.  If you HAVE to make a booking on Princess.com, just put it on Courtesy Hold.  Another option is to use your TA's booking web pages and make your own booking there and then have TA process and collect deposit (or apply FCD's).  

Your TA doesn't have a self-service booking page?  Try another TA next time.  

18 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

I would not use a TA either if that is what I was paying for my cruises.  I would not bother to transfer for such little saving.  I get an 8% discount from my best Princess deal, so it is worth it to me,  

I agree, how much commission is a TA making on a $94 cruise….3cents?? An 8% discount is nothing to sneeze at…..good for you for scoring that!

• Thanks 1