Ovation of the Seas-Alaska-May 5, 2022-May 13, 2022

1 hour ago, jerseygirl629 said:

Any additional entertainment (performances) offered on board? Have you gone on the north star yet? if so - is there an additional charge? How about the wave runner and/or ifly ripcord?

Thanks for sharing your experience so far!

Just returned from 270° where I was lucky enough to meet @cruzndeb!  She mentioned the rehearsal we saw there was of a show she is familiar with called PIXELS.  We both thought the show is ready to go, but it’s not scheduled this sailing.  All they needed was their background, although it’s tough to improve upon the one they had…spectacular….

Looked great to me.

PS….Debbie….pleasure meeting you!

CAD8FE69-119B-43EC-AA8B-3E25AB2058DC.jpeg

7CB142AD-3712-443B-9333-6459603AA294.jpeg

55F1D729-5778-49AD-BF30-2CC8743C52DC.jpeg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I am loving your photos.  Thank you for sharing your vacation with us.

Do you have surf n stream or just surf?

I found wifi signal to be great in 270 on Anthem, especially 2nd floor near library/computer room.   Also, Love the huge windows in 270.   

I paid for Surf and Stream….not worth the upcharge in my estimation.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

I paid for Surf and Stream….not worth the upcharge in my estimation.

I wonder if there would be any difference in speed. I may just go with the surf package. I don't want to stream, just FB and email for the most part.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

While on the ship at a port or near land can you use cell phone service?

Good question….when in port, bring off the ship (but still on OVATION’s WiFi)…..speeds are still bad, which negatively affects WiFi calling).  But, once I’m off the ship and switch off Airplane mode and connect to T-Mobile, things get dramatically better and I can make reliable phone calls!

Just now, sailor05 said:

I wonder if there would be any difference in speed. I may just go with the surf package. I don't want to stream, just FB and email for the most part.

I've used both on this cruise, and Surf and Stream is significantly faster than just Surf. Surf is really really slow for even browsing, Stream is holding up much better, although I have not actually tried any streaming yet. They did have a complete satellite outage a couple of days ago where there was no internet for several hours. 

If you're debating between the two, I think personally I would recommend the Stream option as it's not a lot more cost and would avoid frustration of waiting several minutes for pages to load. Facebook in particular struggled on Surf for me. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Good question….when in port, bring off the ship (but still on OVATION’s WiFi)…..speeds are still bad, which negatively affects WiFi calling).  But, once I’m off the ship and switch off Airplane mode and connect to T-Mobile, things get dramatically better and I can make reliable phone calls!

I wonder if while at port and still on the ship if you could get cellular by turning of wifi and Airplane mode.  I have used cellular wifi while at port on ship and waiting for the cruise to start and outside. You do need to remember to get back to airplane mode before leaving port.

Edited by Ozark_Kid
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I wonder if while at port and still on the ship if you could get cellular by turning of wifi and Airplane mode.  I have used cellular wifi while at port on ship and waiting for the cruise to start and outside. You do need to remember to get back to airplane mode before leaving port.

I found that turning off airplane and connecting to local carrier, it really depends on your location on the ship. Outside, no issues with local connectivity. Inside the ship, so-so. YMMV

Edited by crzndeb
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, graphicguy said:

She mentioned the rehearsal we saw there was of a show she is familiar with called PIXELS.

Very similar to Spectra's Cabaret on Anthem.

Biker, who would be interested to know if Ovation is also lacking riggers for the aerialist portion of the show.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, adelaidemay1 said:

Can you kindly share the rough location of the quarantine cabins on deck 3?  front of ship or back? 

thank you

Have no clue…wouldn’t even know where to look or what they look like!  Sorry!

Edited by graphicguy

Just now, graphicguy said:

Have no clue…wouldn’t even know where to look!  Sorry!

If you go down to deck 2 or 3, walk in either directions, there should be warning signs posted.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Izumi Sushi is our favorite specialty restaurant.   Most consistently good.  And sushi pairs well with a Foster's oil can. 🍺😁 

Quite good.  Well worth the specialty dining up charge!

• Like 1