Ovation of the Seas-Alaska-May 5, 2022-May 13, 2022

@graphicguyI got a call Northstar was cancelled. He said technical issues. I can honestly say, I haven’t seen it up at all on this whole cruise, so I’m not sure it is functional at all. That was my 3rd cancellation, so I’m hoping for success on my B3B out of Sydney next March. 😉

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Lorey2007 said:

Anyone know how it's been going in the Grande 5pm early MDR ?

Gotta say, all MDRs have had long lines that I’ve noticed regardless of the time of reservation or if you have My Time Dining.

Quick question for those who are familiar with SEA…..just got an email asking if I wanted to schedule an appointment for TSA Spot Saver?

Is TSA THAT BACKED UP in SEA?  Plus, they will only hold the spot for 15 mins.  Little dicey given how difficult it is to predict disembarkation times and luggage retrieval.

Never heard of this.  Comments!

3 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Quick question for those who are familiar with SEA…..just got an email asking if I wanted to schedule an appointment for TSA Spot Saver?

Is TSA THAT BACKED UP in SEA?  Plus, they will only hold the spot for 15 mins.  Little dicey given how difficult it is to predict disembarkation times and luggage retrieval.

TSA lines at SEATAC are hit and miss, so it's hard to predict. What day of the week and what time is your flight?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, graphicguy said:

11:15 a.m. this coming Friday!

I hate to make a recommendation, because any number of factors can blow the TSA lines up. Friday mornings can be busy as people head out for the weekend. Typically lines are no longer than 30 minutes and the last few flights I have done have been more like 15. I think if you do the Spot Saver and miss your time, you simply enter the normal line. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SeattleAl said:

I hate to make a recommendation, because any number of factors can blow the TSA lines up. Friday mornings can be busy as people head out for the weekend. Typically lines are no longer than 30 minutes and the last few flights I have done have been more like 15. I think if you do the Spot Saver and miss your time, you simply enter the normal line. 

Thanks!  Sounds like a plan!

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

Gotta say, all MDRs have had long lines that I’ve noticed regardless of the time of reservation or if you have My Time Dining.

We'll have the traditional early dining 5pm. Do you know if it works the same as other  ships? 1st day you get your table # and for the rest of the week no checking in just walk in. I'm going to pre request the Grande dining room.

Edited by Lorey2007

14 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Izumi for dinner…. Very good!

C9BBE2C1-D995-4C02-908C-14238D2A83EE.jpeg

2CE58EFF-B1FA-4B3A-BA49-90804462028A.jpeg

I love Izumi.  It’s really the only specialty I plan to do next week.  What was the 1st pic. It looks good.  I have been getting the two different lobster rolls since it’s hard to get Sushi with lobster in the south but it might be time to try something different.

13 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I love Izumi.  It’s really the only specialty I plan to do next week.  What was the 1st pic. It looks good.  I have been getting the two different lobster rolls since it’s hard to get Sushi with lobster in the south but it might be time to try something different.

It was the most expensive “main” big dish.  It had lobster.  Excellent,  BU can’t remember the name of it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

This might sound silly for an Alaska cruise but are there ice cream machines and are they running?  It’s just a tradition for me to get one shortly after boarding.

Not silly at all.  And yes, ice cream machines are running!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SeattleAl said:

Our plan for Seattle later this year is simple -- Port Valet, CLEAR, and TSA Pre.  

Walk off the ship with nothing but our carry on luggage.  

https://www.portseattle.org/page/port-valet-enjoy-seattle-luggage-free

Edited by DaKahuna
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Our plan for Seattle later this year is simple -- Port Valet, CLEAR, and TSA Pre.  

Walk off the ship with nothing but our carry on luggage.  

https://www.portseattle.org/page/port-valet-enjoy-seattle-luggage-free

Thanks…just filled out the Port Valet form for my big piece.  So, all I’ll lug through the airport is my backpack.

Even when I was flying every week for work, I didn’t find CLEAR to be much, if any, better than TSA pre check.  This is the first I’ve seen TSA notifying me for an appointment.

5 hours ago, graphicguy said:

According to this, the TSA Spot Saver is not used in the TSA pre check lines. Guess it sends you to a regular TSA checkpoint

Screenshot_20220510-194048.png

• Like 1