What Proctored Tests Have Canadians Been Using For Boarding?

ceilidh1

On 3/30/2022 at 9:15 PM, ceilidh1 said:

Those are the free test kits I got at Shoppers. I going to try using the telehealth service through Avoza ($25) - no issues using it to fly to the US, but not yet clear if it would be accepted to board a cruise. Worse case scenario, I take a test at the pier...I'm sailing April 17th so will let you all know how it goes!

Which cruise line , Celebrity? 

• Like 1

Has anyone else noticed that there are no appointments available online at all at shoppers in their area? I’ve tried every store. I am going to call later. 

Also Walmart doesn’t have anything available after April 16th. Not sure if they just don’t allow booking far out however I swear I checked before and I could see available dates up to and past May 5 which is the day I need to get my test. 

1 hour ago, tropical83 said:

Has anyone else noticed that there are no appointments available online at all at shoppers in their area? I’ve tried every store. I am going to call later. 

Also Walmart doesn’t have anything available after April 16th. Not sure if they just don’t allow booking far out however I swear I checked before and I could see available dates up to and past May 5 which is the day I need to get my test. 

Lots of availability in the Ottawa area. Where are you located?

51 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Lots of availability in the Ottawa area. Where are you located?

Ok it must of been a glitch because I just checked again and there is lots of availability for Shoppers now. Thanks!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tropical83 said:

The Walmart in Cobourg never did testing 

I never seen appointments for Costco in Peterborough or Oshawa 

we have an appointment at the local Shoppers on the 28th might give AZOVA a try first https://rapidresponsevideo.azova.com

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sjmmclark said:

I just booked appointments for Azova for next week with the rapid response home kit. 

Would love to know how it goes. We fly to San Diego April 30 and sail on Celebrity Millennium May 3. Looking at all our options for testing. We have several boxes of the green box test kits. My husband tested positive March 27 and now negative so he should be fine and I the whole time in close quarters with him continued to test negative. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Princess Fi said:

Would love to know how it goes. We fly to San Diego April 30 and sail on Celebrity Millennium May 3. Looking at all our options for testing. We have several boxes of the green box test kits. My husband tested positive March 27 and now negative so he should be fine and I the whole time in close quarters with him continued to test negative. 

My husband also tested positive late March and has recovered, but I also never tested positive.  Weird.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sjmmclark said:

I just booked appointments for Azova for next week with the rapid response home kit. 

Is this test available to all or only Canadians?  We are on the Radiance from L A to Vancouver then staying a week in Vancouver prior to boarding the Ovation.  According to RCL, we must be test no later than 48 hours prior to boarding. So we will require testing while in Vancouver.

All suggestions are appreciated.

7 hours ago, Sjmmclark said:

I have booked mine for April 22nd with the same kits.

Hope it all goes well for you.

Edited by maryann2
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Galveston Cruiser said:

Is this test available to all or only Canadians?  We are on the Radiance from L A to Vancouver then staying a week in Vancouver prior to boarding the Ovation.  According to RCL, we must be test no later than 48 hours prior to boarding. So we will require testing while in Vancouver.

https://www.azova.com/travelvideo/

It has a choice to use in Canada Europe and USA

Also a selection of test kits to use.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Galveston Cruiser said:

Correct me if in wrong, but I'm assuming you are in the US. If you can get your hands on the Flowflex brand rapid tests that come in a white box, you can use those with Azova proctoring - ends up costing $8-10 for the test and $20 for the proctoring. I've bought the tests before at Target and seen them at both Walgreens and Rite Aid so shouldn't be too difficult to find.

Or of course there's also the BinaxNow with eMed proctoring that the cruise lines all seem to recommend for US guests. 

Rapid tests aren't quite as easy to come by in Canada as they are in the US - while our governments do give them away to varying degrees we generally can't just buy them at a pharmacy - so best to bring with you if you know you will need them. 

Edited by cmich068

23 minutes ago, Princess Fi said:

Just a heads up if you book AZOVA for testing they are having issues accepting Canadian credit cards. I used my US Visa so fine but others in our travelling party had issues. 

As in the problems are with cards that are billed in Canadian dollars versus US dollars, or that have a Canadian billing address versus a US one?  We have a US dollar credit card, but it still has a Canadian billing address.

21 hours ago, bookbabe said:

As in the problems are with cards that are billed in Canadian dollars versus US dollars, or that have a Canadian billing address versus a US one?  We have a US dollar credit card, but it still has a Canadian billing address.

Canadian credit cards billed in Cdn dollars. I have a US credit card with a Canadian billing address and worked fine. Reps at AZOVA acknowledged the issue they were working to rectify. 

22 hours ago, cmich068 said:

We used a Canadian Mastercard last week with Azova without issue. 

12 hours ago, Sjmmclark said:

My friend and I each with different canadian credit cards had no issue paying for Azova appointments 

I was also able to use my Canadian Visa credit card with Azova.  No issues.

We used Walmart for testing last Saturday to fly to the US (LAX) and board the new Discovery Princess.  It is a Abbott Panbio Rapid Antigen Test.  No issues with the test for either the plane (Air Canada) nor the ship.  Many of the Ottawa area Costco's have significantly decreased their testing schedules - that is why we used Walmart.  

On 4/6/2022 at 10:20 AM, Airbalancer said:

The Walmart in Cobourg never did testing 

I never seen appointments for Costco in Peterborough or Oshawa 

we have an appointment at the local Shoppers on the 28th might give AZOVA a try first https://rapidresponsevideo.azova.com

Costco in Peterborough now has appointments...just keep checking.  They keep adding more appointments.