Connecting flights at Newark airport on United.

terrydtx

I want to thank everyone for your responses, the majority of you have said no way, so I am going to call United tomorrow and have them put us on the earlier 7:45 am flight from San Antonio to Houston to Newark. We will have 1 1/2 hours in Houston and 2 1/2 hours layover in Newark. I feel much better about this itinerary. This is about the same departure times and layover times as switching to Dulles to Rome. The Newark flight is in a 777 and we much prefer their BC configuration over the 767-300 from Dulles.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, terrydtx said:

I want to thank everyone for your responses, the majority of you have said no way, so I am going to call United tomorrow and have them put us on the earlier 7:45 am flight from San Antonio to Houston to Newark. We will have 1 1/2 hours in Houston and 2 1/2 hours layover in Newark. I feel much better about this itinerary. This is about the same departure times and layover times as switching to Dulles to Rome. The Newark flight is in a 777 and we much prefer their BC configuration over the 767-300 from Dulles.

Good luck. I am just finishing up my call with United. Luckily I got through immediately. We’re now flying in the day before from LAX. It’s the cost of a hotel room added on but at least we will be able to catch our flight. After now dealing with six separate changes, I hope that this is it. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, terrydtx said:

We are flying to Rome from San Antonio in August to catch our Celebrity cruise 2 days early. Untied just changed our connections in Newark for the flight to Rome. We now have 40 minutes to get off our flight from SAT to catch the Rome flight. We are flying first class to Newark then Business to Rome so we will be the first off, the flight from SAT. What is anyone's experience flying through Newark? On the map it looks like all United flights are in one terminal and close together.

You'll be fine as long as your flight to Newark is on time. The gates for United are all clustered together. Newark is  well designed airport (better than JFK or LaGuardia)

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Guppy99 said:

You'll be fine as long as your flight to Newark is on time. The gates for United are all clustered together. Newark is  well designed airport (better than JFK or LaGuardia)

Prefer IAD to Europe out of DEN.  UA all in concourse C, all intl clustered down in the low numbers along with the 'clubs' if there's a layover.  

10 hours ago, Guppy99 said:

Not the case at all at EWR...United Airlines operates across terminals A, B and C.

29 minutes ago, -Lew- said:

Not the case at all at EWR...United Airlines operates across terminals A, B and C.

This is true, but quite predictable. UA's short regional flights (I think its called "United Express") operate out of Terminal A. The ones out of Terminal B are international code shares on other Star Alliance aircraft. The rest, which is the vast majority of UA flights, is out of Terminal C.

40 minutes for a domestic-domestic transfer within Terminal C is probably doable. However, a 40-minute domestic-international connection would make me very uncomfortable.

• Like 2