LIVE from Discovery Princess - March 27th, 2022 - 7 Day Mexican Riviera Inaugural Sailing

scottsdalelove

8 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Any possibility of someone on board posting a picture of the dinner menu at the MDR?  This would give us an idea as to which night to use our specialty voucher.  Thanks

Here’s tonight’s Captain’s Welcome menu & hopefully you can read it. We had 1800 seating & only had a few people ahead of us. When leaving at 1920 the line was backed up onto the stairs. These were vertical but CC rotated them 90° which is better than the last time with a 180° rotation. 🥴

C73E4094-8FF0-4826-819D-61615A7262D7.jpeg

D2B8CD8C-829D-4844-AB58-10C2B925C2F2.jpeg

6C17A6F4-DC79-482A-B019-CCF7EE85E3C0.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, san diego sue said:

No can't use it at all. Other functions not working. Tried to see our account (for charges) and also not working. Dine my way worked and then stopped. Tried to order FCD on the TV and that function also not working. Since we have been on recent Medallion ships, everything was perfect so this ship has some things to work out.Still glad we are aboard and enjoying a beautiful new ship.

Ok so I uninstalled and reinstalled the app today. There was an update 3 days ago so you may not have the new version.

When you log back in log in with your room number NOT your princess email and password. This worked for both of us.. we have one Android and one iphone 

At 8am the app downloaded fast but by 10am you guys were all watching too much Netflix and it took us a while to get the iPhone updated.

But the scheduler has been working all day for us now.

2 hours ago, cmp702 said:

I'm in Ohio.  Same thing with mine.  I cruised with Princess in January and the tracking seemed to start in Illinois, but then was suddenly in LA.  I'm booked on Discovery and my medallions just shipped and seem to be taking the same odd route.  Last time, I got them about a week after they shipped. 

I left NY March 22 then went to Illinois the same day (?) then to CA on March 27th now it says shipping is delayed  but on its way so who knows when it will arrive!

10 hours ago, sandyoftheseas said:

How was embarkation?  We are on the April 10th sailing we are in the 1st boarding group and are elite how long did it take to get on the ship?  I know with it being to first sailing it was probably chaotic and hopefully will get better on our cruise.

Super easy. Here around 1035, onboard by 1115.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Here’s tonight’s Captain’s Welcome menu & hopefully you can read it. We had 1800 seating & only had a few people ahead of us. When leaving at 1920 the line was backed up onto the stairs. These were vertical but CC rotated them 90° which is better than the last time with a 180° rotation. 🥴

20220328_195047.jpg

51 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Are you enjoying yourself so far?  I hope you’ve had some nice meals. 

46 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Are you enjoying yourself so far?  I hope you’ve had some nice meals. 

Yes Carolyn we are enjoying ourselves & had a great filet mignon dinner in Crown Grill with fine service on the first night. It was included with our promotional booking & using our Cruise Night coupon for a free bottle of wine ($40) with a specialty dinner on the first night of the cruise it was even better. Disappointed that they don’t plan to have a Winemakers Dinner (no CT either) which we wanted for a milestone anniversary…hopefully on the 2nd cruise. 🤞😊 We had great service from Luci at Guest Services with a couple of issues & she even sent my wife a bouquet of red roses 🌹…very thoughtful of her. 😃

EDIT: It only took me 4 times to get my reply posted…I’ve learned to copy before posting with so many missing posts while at sea.

Edited by Astro Flyer

12 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Here are some thoughts after day 1 on the beautiful Discovery Princess & it’s wonderful crew. These are merely based on my limited experiences in as objective manner as possible. I am not the Author of this thread but here are my experiences. I’ve attempted to post about some of the commonly asked questions.

• QR Codes: For anyone not using mobile devices with a QR app there are no paper menus at places around the ship. At Good Spirits a QR app was required to view drink menu and at Sabatini’s, Salty Dog Gastropub & Crown Grill there is only a QR code at entrances. 
  • Crown Grill: When seated they had paper menus & great service with a perfectly cooked tender & tasty filet mignon. Used Cruise Night coupon for a free bottle of wine (first night only) but was charged $46.02 so need to get it reversed after GSD lines get shorter…no reply on Crew Chat.
  • Breakfast buffet: Very limited options and no type of potatoes but lots of trays of sticky white rice and pork & beans.
  • DMW: Does not work on app & our Skagway (6-midship) nightly 1800 reservations we had when boarding were changed to Ketchikan (6-aft) but not going to attempt to change it & to risk losing our 1800 reservations.
  • Specialty restaurant reservation: We decided to pre-book the CG despite it not accepting our booking included dinner. We paid by c/c in advance to ensure we got a first night reservation. GSD said that within 2 weeks my c/c would have a credit & will check before disembarkation on 4/10. 

Wow.  Same happened to us. Reserved Skagway and our family was told no, we have you down for Ketchikan.  Brought up the app, and said Ketchikan.  However, I screenshot last week with Skagway, so they found our missing table. Ha. I guess they did that to others also. 

18 hours ago, san diego sue said:

Having trouble posting.

Ship is beautiful. We arrived at the pier 93 terminal and it was pretty full at 10:15am. Shortly after boarding of buses began. Good we were Elite because we started boarding first. We were probably the third bus. We are on Starboard side of ship. Nice view of the boat Marina. Sailaway was gorgeous with warm weather.

My back was killing me all night on these new beds. I am going to pull the sheet and check what I am sleeping on. Feels like a pad under the sheet.Bed is hard. We have been on the Grand and Majestic recently and I slept like a baby. My Medallion is not working well on the ship. Only some functions work and some have the white screen. Worked better at home. Room Stewardess said there are issues. Internet is fine however but I had problem with Cruise Critic itself not showing I was logged in when I am. Hope this posts . I lost my previous post.

Sorry to hear that. I can't sleep on a hard bed either.....I need a little bit of softness.

13 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Here are some thoughts after day 1 on the beautiful Discovery Princess & it’s wonderful crew. These are merely based on my limited experiences in as objective manner as possible. I am not the Author of this thread but here are my experiences. I’ve attempted to post about some of the commonly asked questions.

• QR Codes: For anyone not using mobile devices with a QR app there are no paper menus at places around the ship. At Good Spirits a QR app was required to view drink menu and at Sabatini’s, Salty Dog Gastropub & Crown Grill there is only a QR code at entrances. 
  • Crown Grill: When seated they had paper menus & great service with a perfectly cooked tender & tasty filet mignon. Used Cruise Night coupon for a free bottle of wine (first night only) but was charged $46.02 so need to get it reversed after GSD lines get shorter…no reply on Crew Chat.
  • Breakfast buffet: Very limited options and no type of potatoes but lots of trays of sticky white rice and pork & beans.
  • DMW: Does not work on app & our Skagway (6-midship) nightly 1800 reservations we had when boarding were changed to Ketchikan (6-aft) but not going to attempt to change it & to risk losing our 1800 reservations.
  • Specialty restaurant reservation: We decided to pre-book the CG despite it not accepting our booking included dinner. We paid by c/c in advance to ensure we got a first night reservation. GSD said that within 2 weeks my c/c would have a credit & will check before disembarkation on 4/10. 

Good thoughts! Thanks for posting. I like the paper menus at bars, etc, as I don't usually carry my phone with me whilst on board. Once we ever get back to cruising down here, I may have to change my old habits! 

3 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Yes Carolyn we are enjoying ourselves & had a great filet mignon dinner in Crown Grill with fine service on the first night. It was included with our promotional booking & using our Cruise Night coupon for a free bottle of wine ($40) with a specialty dinner on the first night of the cruise it was even better. Disappointed that they don’t plan to have a Winemakers Dinner (no CT either) which we wanted for a milestone anniversary…hopefully on the 2nd cruise. 🤞😊 We had great service from Luci at Guest Services with a couple of issues & she even sent my wife a bouquet of red roses 🌹…very thoughtful of her. 😃

EDIT: It only took me 4 times to get my reply posted…I’ve learned to copy before posting with so many missing posts while at sea.

very nice thought......Pity you couldn't have got to the roses first and put your name on the card instead of Luci's. Bonus points missed there Frank! 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

That is disappointing.....sounds like the internet/wifi on board is still as slow and unreliable as ever!

6 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

So glad to hear it.  Enjoy your milestone anniversary! It’s wonderful they sent your wife roses and I totally understand the disappointment with the winemakers dinner. 

I had the same issue while posting live on the Regal so did the same as you, it’s very frustrating for sure. It’s the only issue I had with the internet. 

Enjoy the rest of your cruise and the next one & please come back and let us know how it’s going. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

Don't understand your question?  

You stated that it took you from 10:35 to 11:15 to board. That is 45 minutes. ..very quick since you were riding a bus after checkin at 93.

• Like 1

Perhaps this answers the question better with visuals. 😁  

Walked up at 10:34am ( first photo is with the Uhaul vans for luggage transport). IYKYK 🤣😳

Second photo is 10:54am, just before boarding the shuttle bus.

Third photo is 11:18am few minutes after arrival in the Piazza. 

Screenshot_20220329-070919_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220329-004005_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220329-004059_Gallery.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3