LIVE from Discovery Princess - March 27th, 2022 - 7 Day Mexican Riviera Inaugural Sailing

scottsdalelove

3 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

It was in our fridge upon arrival.

Thanks for checking.

Someone on your cruise posted on Facebook that they did not have an ice bucket that Princess no longer provides ice or ice bucket.

Edited by phabric

1 minute ago, phabric said:

Thanks for checking.

Someone on your cruise posted on Facebook that they did not have an ice bucket that Princess no longer provides ice or ice bucket.

Our cabin attendant said she’ll keep it full…another inconsistency.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, andydunn said:

Yeah, we were told no chef's table or winemakers dinner too. Though given no reason. Sad face....

Still we have the giant balcony M107 so life could be worse 

PXL_20220327_191334644.PANO.jpg

We have really enjoyed that cabin on the Majestic and Regal.  I'm sure you will too!

• Like 2

Three wines I drink.  I hope they have.  If someone has a minute to ask at dinner thank you.

Dashwood

Nobilo

Matua

They are Sauvignon blanc from New Zealand.

Other wise I will brink my own.  I am not much of a drinker.

Thank you 

Donna

35 minutes ago, andydunn said:

Yeah, we were told no chef's table or winemakers dinner too. Though given no reason. Sad face....

Omg super excited to see they have the normal suite furniture and the deck marking. Was in 107 on the majestic this January and have it booked on the discovery for next jan

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, andydunn said:

That’s a great balcony for sailing to Hawaii!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, dskenn said:

Three wines I drink.  I hope they have.  If someone has a minute to ask at dinner thank you.

Dashwood

Nobilo

Matua

They are Sauvignon blanc from New Zealand.

Other wise I will brink my own.  I am not much of a drinker.

Thank you 

Donna

Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc is tasty too. "Discovered" it at Chef's Table on Majestic. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, andydunn said:

Lovely! We have that cabin on the Discovery in August. 😄

1 hour ago, andydunn said:

That balcony is amazing. I looked at details on the Princess deck plan and it says limited use while at sea. That would make it unusable for a large amount of time. Or have I misread the details? I suppose it could be windy, but oh so beautiful with those incredible views. 

32 minutes ago, cruisingram1 said:

That balcony is amazing. I looked at details on the Princess deck plan and it says limited use while at sea. That would make it unusable for a large amount of time. Or have I misread the details? I suppose it could be windy, but oh so beautiful with those incredible views. 

There is no lock on the doors. Yes it can be extremely windy if there’s a headwind on the ship but some days we were able to be out there no issue

4 hours ago, jwattle said:

Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc is tasty too. "Discovered" it at Chef's Table on Majestic. 

For sure.  Guess they don't have that one in CA.  It's been available in Ontario for ages ... has to be 10+ years.  It came in like a storm and was hard to get as I recall.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

I'm also wondering why they have a low supply of wine ... hopefully, they will be getting more when we board towards the end of next month.  

Didn't a number the Princess employees just get invited for a two day run?  Maybe after everything they've endured, they drank all the wine.  JK!  

So, I know everyone is getting accustomed to the ship but if in the upcoming days, can someone onboard check these things out for me?  Thanks in advance ...

I

BTW, I understand that Aileen and Sticks will be performing onboard.  Can someone let me know the venue in which they are playing?  

Aren't they good?  We were on the Ruby in December, and danced to them a lot.  I looked at next weeks cruise, and I think they're in various venues including the atrium and the crown grill bar.  

On 3/27/2022 at 5:11 PM, scottsdalelove said:

IMG_1230.MOV 128.99 MB · 76 downloads  

So we promised in the Discovery Princess Roll Call that Christy and I would be posting live updates daily on the cruise, reviews, photos, and videos…so here it is!!

It is 9pm, the Saturday Night before the cruise, and I am writing this from our Balcony at the Double Tree San Pedro while enjoying the view of Discovery Princess. Discovery Princess (DP) is berthed at the seldom used Berth 50 which is across the marina from the Doubletree. If you don’t know where Berth 50 is (almost no one did) search for the “SS Lane Victory” and you will find it. Lane Victory is a WW II era cargo vessel at the end of Miner street in San Pedro. It was moved a couple hundred feet down the way to give a place for DP to be berthed for all of her spring 2022 voyages (until she repositions for Alaska this summer). There wasn’t room for DP at the traditional cruise terminal due to her length and also due to the fact that too many cruise ships are berthed in LA compared to previous seasons. 

The port has released plans about possible expansion to add more capacity for more cruise ships in the area where DP currently is but that is a long way out. Until then, Princess has sent messages to us all directing us to park or get dropped off at the old berth 93 (the terminal featured in the Love Boat TV show) with your luggage. There you will check in and luggage will be drop off and then shuttles will take everyone down to Berth 50 for boarding. There will be special arrangements for anyone with mobility issues per the statement they sent us all. They say do NOT go directly to the ship yourself as there are no facilities to house you or check you in. Just a security tent to scan carry on bags as you get off the bus and then you walk up a ramp onto the boat similar to when you are in port on a pier.

The Double Tree San Pedro is a little older but it is nice hotel in an otherwise residential area with little to do for out of town visitors in the immediate area. When you book on the hotel website you can choose a rate with a park and shuttle option available so you can leave your car here for the week while on the cruise and be shuttled to the pier and back. I’ve been told there are limited “spaces” each week for this and I’m not sure if you can get it ala cart if you book without so call the hotel to see if you are interested. 

There is also a restaurant in the lobby with interior and exterior dining. They are open for breakfast lunch and dinner and have a bar. Hours were 6am-10pm in the restaurant for breakfast lunch and dinner with views of the marina (and DP!!). Breakfast and dinner entrees are around $20 each +/- and the service was good enough. 

After dinner we took a ride down to Miner St and took the video below of the ship. Beautiful ship!!! We will try to post everything timely as I know people are curious/interested! Bon Voyage to my fellow passengers!!! See you all aboard in 12 hours!!!! 

Joseph and Christy

Scottsdale, AZ

Hello from the Land of Oz!

Thanks for posting. Will be following intently. We have some close cruise pals doing this cruise as well, so very interested in your live feed.

Edited by Fletch1

16 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

We arrived at B93 at 0950; dropped off luggage with porters; inside showed vax & test & got wristband; upstairs to check-in (Medallion & passports); in Elite lounge (bottled water) at 1005. Smooth process & waiting for shuttles to begin.

Glad to hear that!

12 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

MedallionNet lost my first post so trying using T-Mobile.

It took us about 80 minutes from B93 arrival to the ship. I didn’t see many buses & that slowed down our experience. A couple who just boarded

said it took them 2.5 hours from arriving later at B93.

I would recommend arriving before 1000 to have a faster boarding process. Based on our experiences they need more buses & to give group cards for each Captain’s Circle level. Leaving the elite area it was backed up with 15 minute waits to walk to the buses. No luggage 4.5 hours after dropping off at B93 & see few bags in the hallways.

Hopefully each subsequent boarding will go smoother. 🤞

Great crew & beautiful ship & ate lunch in MDR. Requested Winemakers Dinner but it’s unlikely to be on this cruise due to low inventory of wine.

That's a bummer.....low inventory of wine! WTH?????

Edited by Fletch1