Can I apply FCC to an already paid for booking?

ColoradoTravelLover

Hi Princess travelers!  I had two rooms booked through Costco for a 12/29 sailing that we had to cancel a week before, because two of my family members tested positive for COVID. We cancelled through Costco and were reassured it fell under Princess’s Covid policy for FCC, but my FCC still has not shown up in spite of HOURS on the phone with Costco, who is then on hold with Princess, with both parties ultimately saying it should be credited “any day now”. 

I put a deposit down on a new cruise directly with Princess in early January, with the expectation of using my FCC. We are now at the final payment date (today!!), and the credit still isn’t there. 

If I pay the balance via credit card, can I still apply the FCC, assuming it eventually shows up, and get a refund of my cc payment?  

Costco isn’t even accepting calls today and Princess is “closed”. Trying to get help through Princess chat but having trouble getting on there, too. Any past experience or reassurance would be helpful!  I need to cancel the booking if I can’t get the FCC applied; I can’t pay for this one AND use the FCC for another cruise by the expiration date. 

Thank you for any help or words of wisdom! 

If you have enough FCC what happens to your deposit if you cancel your current booking?

Here's what I'd do:

1. Cancel current booking & request refund

2. Put the desired cruise right back on hold in the website

3. Contact Princess PVP office or an actual TA tomorrow and tell them that you want the FCC that's held up applied to this new booking

4. Stop using a big box agency (they aren't really TAs, more of a clearing house)

5. Have the that person research the new deposit being refunded and stick it here too (don't know if a TA can do it)

6. Use this PVP / TA or not in the future but at least get your FCC applied correctly 

I doubt you can use the FCC for an already paid cruise.  Doubtful they will cancel today with office being closed.  First thing in the morning you should be on phone with Costco and Princess to see if they will extend the payment deadline because of waiting on the FCC.  Mine was not for final payment,  but Princess extended my hold until the FCC went through.  That was several weeks.  

28 minutes ago, Tak8 said:

I doubt you can use the FCC for an already paid cruise.  Doubtful they will cancel today with office being closed.  First thing in the morning you should be on phone with Costco and Princess to see if they will extend the payment deadline because of waiting on the FCC.  Mine was not for final payment,  but Princess extended my hold until the FCC went through.  That was several weeks.  

Good idea. Final payment w/the big box store is likely not the official final payment day.

I did this recently, when FCC finally showed up as Active in our account, I called TA and had her apply FCC to an existing paid in full cruise. Credit Card was refunded the FCC amount.

Book with Confidence FAQ states: 

1. If a guest knows which ship and sail date they want to re-book, can they just re-book now?
    To receive the FCC, all guests will need to cancel their existing reservation. Guests should work with their Travel Advisor or our Contact Center to make a new booking and then apply the FCC payment as soon as it’s available.

Our new booking was already within Final Payment date so we had to pay in full when we booked.

We had CC refunds posted when FCC was generated for our booking DD booking had a problem and once this was resolved, FCC was generated and applied to next cruise.

BTW in Chat discussion Princess Rep said I could not do this, but she was wrong.

I would think you are in a better position since you booked second cruise directly with Princess.

Edited by Tedferg