Live From Eurodam March 30 until April 10

Crazy For Cats

Super hot when we were in Columbia in February.  Took time for the ships AC to adjust.  How hot was it today?  Hope it is cool enough for you to get a good nights sleep.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

The tour was a little over 3 kilometers walking.  Surfaces were not smooth and some of the entrances would not permit a wheelchair.   Very few places to take a seat.  

Thank you so much! The wheelchair thing isn't an issue, but the distance without a break to take a seat definitely is. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, 0106 said:

Super hot when we were in Columbia in February.  Took time for the ships AC to adjust.  How hot was it today?  Hope it is cool enough for you to get a good nights sleep.

It was about 88 around noon. Further down the hallway it feels fine.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, TwinMommyByGrace said:

@crazyforcatsWould you be able to post a picture of the back of the daily schedule (if there's one) that shows the times the different eating locations are open? Trying to see options for a couple of nights we may miss our assigned fixed dining times. TIA!

I hope this helps

20220406_074533.thumb.jpg.686a4bbe8619fce5f2b496eb9f31b62a.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Here you are approaching Gatun Locks, from the Agua Clara cam

enhance

enhance

At first lock with Carnival Pride approaching

enhance

All the way up in first lock and ready to move on

enhance

Moving from second into third lock

enhance

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

That is interesting about Panama. On the 20 March sailing, we were required to give our passport to HAL a few days before Panama at Panama's request to be returned the day after Panama (or it might have been the evening we departed panama). Then the day before Panama, the edict changed and we were to collect our passports from HAL and take them with us ashore at Panama. They actually looked at them before we could return to the ship and I got a stamp! It wasn't onerous or anything, just unusual, at least for us.

Now it seems like a whole different procedure for Panama!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Orsino said:

That is interesting about Panama. On the 20 March sailing, we were required to give our passport to HAL a few days before Panama at Panama's request to be returned the day after Panama (or it might have been the evening we departed panama). Then the day before Panama, the edict changed and we were to collect our passports from HAL and take them with us ashore at Panama. They actually looked at them before we could return to the ship and I got a stamp! It wasn't onerous or anything, just unusual, at least for us.

Now it seems like a whole different procedure for Panama!

Pre covid I never had to turn in my passport and I’ve been through the  canal a number of times.  The only time I’ve turned my passport in was on a cruise to South America.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SeaTacMike said:

Silly question but it's real important to our friend who will be cruising with us on Eurodam.  In all the Eurodam videos I've watched I have yet to notice a soft serve machine!  Is there one on this ship?

I’m on the April 30th Eurodam cruise and have been researching too. One video said that yes, they had one, but you couldn’t use it yourself anymore. The crew made your cone. That was from a couple of months ago though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning, yesterday we did the rainforest, Gatun Lake and Locks excursion.  I honestly couldn't not recommend this trip.  Seeing the new lock in action was interesting and riding on a small boat looking for wildlife was interesting.   That said spending 5 plus hours on a bus ruined the experience.  The tour guide kept making unscheduled stops that didn't make sense.  Our tour started ar 9:45 and we got back to the ship after 6.  No break for a lunch.

No desire to hop ona bus today!

20220406_105034.thumb.jpg.921371bddaa18f3ad3576801bfec5391.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Good Morning, yesterday we did the rainforest, Gatun Lake and Locks excursion.  I honestly couldn't not recommend this trip.  Seeing the new lock in action was interesting and riding on a small boat looking for wildlife was interesting.   That said spending 5 plus hours on a bus ruined the experience.  The tour guide kept making unscheduled stops that didn't make sense.  Our tour started ar 9:45 and we got back to the ship after 6.  No break for a lunch.

No desire to hop ona bus today!

20220406_105034.thumb.jpg.921371bddaa18f3ad3576801bfec5391.jpg

Wow, you should complain to the ship excursion desk.  No excuse for this type of excursion, and without a lunch break to boot.  I'd be furious.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

That said spending 5 plus hours on a bus ruined the experience.

We had the same experience with excessive time spent on the bus for our excursion in Costa Rica and Guatemala during our Panama Canal passage on the Zuiderdam in February.  I really think the time spent on the bus should be included in the description.  At that time, there were no reviews of the tours posted.  When I wrote my review, the excursions received a poor rating, and I explained it was because of the excessive amount of time on the bus 

• Like 5

Good Morning,  while off the ship yesterday the crew reviewed the issue with the temperature in the room.   Nothing they can do.   During the night it became good.  We are using the fan and that makes it bearable. 

Today's Where and When 

20220407_080036.thumb.jpg.cbf722c7fa164a9154308a2f5f4d68c7.jpg

• Like 6

11 hours ago, SeaTacMike said:

Silly question but it's real important to our friend who will be cruising with us on Eurodam.  In all the Eurodam videos I've watched I have yet to notice a soft serve machine!  Is there one on this ship?

Yes. It is in the same place as the scooped ice cream. The quality isn't the best though.

Husband says it is too icy.

Edited by Orsino
Husband input
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Our tour started ar 9:45 and we got back to the ship after 6.

Yikes! We did the same tour and started (late) at something like 10:45 and returned at 6:30pm. I agree that the trip across the bridge was superfluous, but on ours we went over the bridge as Eurodam was making her way back though the locks so it was at least a photo opportunity. Then we turned around! and went right back to where we were so I agree that overall, this was a waste of time.

When I booked it, I had it in my head that we would board a boat from the ship (kind of like at Tracy Arm Fjord). But it is nothing like that, too much BUS.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Orsino said:

Yikes! We did the same tour and started (late) at something like 10:45 and returned at 6:30pm. I agree that the trip across the bridge was superfluous, but on ours we went over the bridge as Eurodam was making her way back though the locks so it was at least a photo opportunity. Then we turned around! and went right back to where we were so I agree that overall, this was a waste of time.

When I booked it, I had it in my head that we would board a boat from the ship (kind of like at Tracy Arm Fjord). But it is nothing like that, too much BUS.

When we went over the bridge the Eurodam was going through the locks too.  They did not stop for a "good" photo as promised. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

The concierge is giving us a free dinner for the temperature issue in our cabin.   We chose Tamarind.   That is a nice surprise. 

Seriously, you deserve more than that.

• Like 4

Your excursion sounds like the one from you know where.  No lunch stop could be dangerous for some people who have to maintain steady blood sugar.  It isn't like you could bring a sack lunch with you.

• Like 4