Live From Eurodam March 30 until April 10

Crazy For Cats

Good Morning,  last night we watched the latest Bond movie in the auditorium,  we both liked it.  That also meant we were awake for sail away. 

Clocks went back an hour.  My stomach disagreed this morning,   got up for breakfast "early".

Today's daily report.

20220404_074906.thumb.jpg.d03629bb816efecab4b86889907df80d.jpg

DH is interested in the Effy auction while I'm curious about the Orange Party tonight  

Finally saw a crew member from a previous cruise. 

Edited by Crazy For Cats
Spelling
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

DH is interested in the Effy auction while I'm curious about the Orange Party tonight  

I wonder if they're going to have minimum bids as they did on one of our cruises.  They soon realized that their minimums were way more than what people wanted to start with, and had to change course mid auction.   We've seen how happy your DH looks on this cruise, now it's time to see a pic of you as well!

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, dfish said:

I think this is the first mention of an Orange Party on board since cruising restarted.  Do check it out and see if it is worth getting something orange to wear.

You called?  LoL.

BG1.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dfish said:

I think this is the first mention of an Orange Party on board since cruising restarted.  Do check it out and see if it is worth getting something orange to wear.

I'm planning on checking it out.  We do have a 8am excursion tomorrow.   Going to the aviary. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, dfish said:

I believe there was one on the zuiderdam on the 35 day cruise that just ended.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, atexsix said:

What exactly do people do at Orange parties anyway?  

They wear orange clothes and drink orange drinks. I wonder if they dye the beer a deeper orange color.

• Like 4

20220404_175839.thumb.jpg.6a05b47ecc7cc6661d4b09a2c1fb110f.jpg

The Orange Party was held in the BB King room.  Several people wore Orange.  Drinks were available at regular charges.  They came around with pastries while the band played.  I had some type of biscuit/cake that tasted Orange and it was verygood.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

57 minutes ago, 0106 said:

Enjoy Cartagena!  Be sure to check out the "zoo"  in the port when you get off the ship.  I was amazed by the number of motorcycle "taxis" as we toured the city.

If we have time that is the plan.  Stragglers coming out 20 minutes late

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

20220404_175839.thumb.jpg.6a05b47ecc7cc6661d4b09a2c1fb110f.jpg

The Orange Party was held in the BB King room.  Several people wore Orange.  Drinks were available at regular charges.  They came around with pastries while the band played.  I had some type of biscuit/cake that tasted Orange and it was verygood.

Thanks, but I'll pass. Sounds like the Dutch version of St. Patrick's Day minus the corned beef and cabbage.

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, canadarocks said:

Very interested to hear more about the Aviary. DH is a little mobility challenged; do you think he would have an issue doing the excursion? 

The tour was a little over 3 kilometers walking.  Surfaces were not smooth and some of the entrances would not permit a wheelchair.   Very few places to take a seat.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Tonight the cabin doesn't want to cool down.  Asked the concierge if there was an issue.  He wasn't aware of anything wrong.  He will have someone check the temperature.   My first thought is someone leaving there balcony door open since the hallway feels warm too. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Tonight the cabin doesn't want to cool down.  Asked the concierge if there was an issue.  He wasn't aware of anything wrong.  He will have someone check the temperature.   My first thought is someone leaving there balcony door open since the hallway feels warm too. 

If they can’t tonight maybe ask for a fan until can be fixed?  I hate warm cabins-find it hard to sleep.  

• Like 3