Arcadia Jottings

wowzz

42 minutes ago, Shipsareus said:

Ah, that explains that, thank you - would that take it up to May 20th then? 

We’re on 1st May Baltic cruise and when I checked yesterday with the online TA we use, there were cabins available in all categories; which hadn’t been the case pre the invasion of Ukraine and the dropping of St Petersburg.  However, when I checked today after seeing your post, there was a ‘Sorry no availability……. ‘ after the search had begun.

I couldn’t begin to speculate, but I doubt there was a rush of bookings in the last 24 hours!

• Like 1

On 4/6/2022 at 6:03 PM, mrsgoggins said:

We’re on 1st May Baltic cruise and when I checked yesterday with the online TA we use, there were cabins available in all categories; which hadn’t been the case pre the invasion of Ukraine and the dropping of St Petersburg.  However, when I checked today after seeing your post, there was a ‘Sorry no availability……. ‘ after the search had begun.

I couldn’t begin to speculate, but I doubt there was a rush of bookings in the last 24 hours!

My friend has just been telling me that she has gone onto the P&O website to check out cruises on Arcadia.  Using the search button she put in May and June and Arcadia and no other criteria such as destination or duration. Absolutely nothing !  I’ve just done the same and she is right.

Am getting a little anxious about our upcoming cruise.

Do folk think that is anything to worry about, or could it be that all cruises in those two months are fully booked?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Shipsareus said:

My friend has just been telling me that she has gone onto the P&O website to check out cruises on Arcadia.  Using the search button she put in May and June and Arcadia and no other criteria such as destination or duration. Absolutely nothing !  I’ve just done the same and she is right.

Am getting a little anxious about our upcoming cruise.

Do folk think that is anything to worry about, or could it be that all cruises in those two months are fully booked?

If you apply the sold out button all of Arcadia's cruise from 12 April through to 23rd June are showing there.  I'd say that's rather odd because no other ship has that occurring including Aurora who is smaller with just as big loyal purist followers.

Edited by Megabear2
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

If you apply the sold out button all of Arcadia's cruise from 12 April through to 23rd June are showing there.  I'd say that's rather odd because no other ship has that occurring including Aurora who is smaller with just as big loyal purist followers.

It has been suggested elsewhere that these cruises have been taken off general sale to allow for those who want to transfer from the cancelled Aurora cruises.

6 minutes ago, Spike11 said:

It has been suggested elsewhere that these cruises have been taken off general sale to allow for those who want to transfer from the cancelled Aurora cruises.

Which Aurora were cancelled Spike ? Do you know why ?

thanks 

15 minutes ago, Spike11 said:

Would make sense but assumedly any displaced Aurora passengers would have a time limit to transfer as P&O would not wish the Arcadia revenue stream to be interrupted for too long.  Mrs Goggins noted on Wednesday that some Arcadia cruises were no longer on sale.  Is it normal to lockdown entire sailings for passengers from another ship - I've no idea as thankfully never been in that situation.

27 minutes ago, paulatsea said:

Which Aurora were cancelled Spike ? Do you know why ?

thanks 

Two of the cruises in June (sorry I don’t have the dates) to allow for some urgent dry dock work that was unable to be scheduled earlier.

• Thanks 1

The Captain announced last night that the entire ships water system was being flushed through today between 10am and 2pm. We were not allowed to use the sinks, showers during that time. He will announce when the process has been completed and we’re responsible for running taps, showers etc to. Flush clean water through. Because we can’t use the ships water to wash, clean teeth, make drinks in cabins, we have been given 2 bottles of water and £25 obc as compensation.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Spike11 said:

We were not given the option to transfer to Arcadia, merely told in the email advising of the Aurora cancellation that there was "still availability on Arcadia in July 2022 for a 14-night holiday sailing to Norway and Iceland".  To have a similar cabin to that we had booked on Aurora some 18 months ago, would have cost a lot more so we opted for a cash refund.  So very disappointing.

1 hour ago, PRINCESSTHE BEST said:

The Captain announced last night that the entire ships water system was being flushed through today between 10am and 2pm. We were not allowed to use the sinks, showers during that time. He will announce when the process has been completed and we’re responsible for running taps, showers etc to. Flush clean water through. Because we can’t use the ships water to wash, clean teeth, make drinks in cabins, we have been given 2 bottles of water and £25 obc as compensation.

I would have thought that a chlorine flush would have been SOP for any ship before returning to service !

• Like 8

53 minutes ago, Astrajet said:

We were not given the option to transfer to Arcadia, merely told in the email advising of the Aurora cancellation that there was "still availability on Arcadia in July 2022 for a 14-night holiday sailing to Norway and Iceland".  To have a similar cabin to that we had booked on Aurora some 18 months ago, would have cost a lot more so we opted for a cash refund.  So very disappointing.

Well, just got an email from P & O and our cruise on 1 June on Arcadia is cancelled . Hey ho. FCC of full amount plus 5% and £100pp on board credit.  . Back to the drawing board!

• Thanks 1

P&O revenue will be taking a hit in June with these two ships disappearing for urgent works.  It beggars belief that they sent them back so under prepared with all the loss of goodwill which is going to inevitably occur.   They look like they decided to just take a chance with Arcadia.  If all the cruises with sold out against them are going to be cancelled from 12 April onwards Arcadia wont be carrying passengers again until July.  

• Like 4

The Captain has just been on the tannoy. All cruises aboard Arcadia until 5th July 2022 are cancelled. Crew will be posted to other ships. He apologises to current passengers who are booked for the next cruise but they’ve got to get off. He emphasised the fact that this action is nothing to do with any Covid cases onboard or anything to do with the water issues we are currently faced with.

• Thanks 4

22 minutes ago, PRINCESSTHE BEST said:

All cruises aboard Arcadia until 5th July 2022 are cancelled.

Pleased we didn't re-book the cancelled Aurora cruise on Arcadia!

Edited by Astrajet
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, PRINCESSTHE BEST said:

The Captain has just been on the tannoy. All cruises aboard Arcadia until 5th July 2022 are cancelled. Crew will be posted to other ships. He apologises to current passengers who are booked for the next cruise but they’ve got to get off. He emphasised the fact that this action is nothing to do with any Covid cases onboard or anything to do with the water issues we are currently faced with.

The information sent out to passengers seems to indicate the problem is fleet wide and that COVID is reducing crew numbers. Hence the drastic action.

25 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

P&O revenue will be taking a hit in June with these two ships disappearing for urgent works.  It beggars belief that they sent them back so under prepared with all the loss of goodwill which is going to inevitably occur.   They look like they decided to just take a chance with Arcadia.  If all the cruises with sold out against them are going to be cancelled from 12 April onwards Arcadia wont be carrying passengers again until July.  

No urgent works on Arcadia, just a fleet wide staff shortage due to COVID. Aurora did not get her refit completed in Germany because of COVID in the shipyard.

1 minute ago, Astrajet said:

Just as well we didn't re-book the cancelled June/July Aurora cruise with Arcadia then!!!

I honestly think nothing is certain at the moment. Although imho Arcadia is in a pretty poor state, we have been very, very lucky to undertake, enjoy and hopefully return safely from, a very nice cruise. The ports have been great, the weather beautiful and the reception by locals superb. We are not due to sail with P&O again until next year but do have a couple of Princess cruises booked. It will be interesting to see how they pan out.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, daiB said:

No urgent works on Arcadia, just a fleet wide staff shortage due to COVID. Aurora did not get her refit completed in Germany because of COVID in the shipyard.

Regardless of the reason it is going to reduce revenue and reduce choice for passengers, particularly those who will only sail on the two smaller ships.  Loyalty to these two vessels will be tested if the cancelled customers decide to go elsewhere as it looks like the ship has been sacrificed in favour of the larger vessels. I appreciate Aurora is completing her refit but the fact remains her passengers have been displaced as well.  Prices on possible replacement cruises are currently very high and the uplift in FCC may not allow those just cancelled to rebook in the near term.  The Princess cruises recently launched have very attractive pricing for instance.

Whatever the reasons it is extremely sad as it was only days ago the headlines were celebrating P&O having all their ships back sailing.

• Like 6