What's in your backpack for a day in port?

BuckeyeMark

4 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

And should stay on your person - even when swimming. (Unless on the person of a trusted companion).

agree, I have a waterproof case to keep valuables in. Wear it anywhere we go in port.

It depends on if we are doing something at the beach or other water excursion.  If not, I bring a small purse that holds camera (or phone for photos), tissue, bandaids, allergy pills, pain pills, credit card, some money, passport only if required, and now, Covid shot/test results card if needed, ( I also have copies) sunglasses, emory board, sometimes a bottle of water.

If doing something water related we take a larger tote bag to hold towels, etc. and sunscreen.  We usually wear our swimsuits under clothes.  I try to keep what we take to a minimum, while still being prepared.  My husband rarely swims, so he watches our stuff if I'm in the water.  Oh, and my Kindle for reading on the beach.

The bandaids--I take a couple small ones and a big one--have come in handy several times.

I carry a small cross-body bag. The usual contents are a water bottle, a very small amount of ibuprofen, decongestant and antacid, a few bandaids, maybe a couple of safety pins. A small tube of lotion, a pad of paper, a pen and my phone or camera. Also, any paper work I might need, like maps and pre-purchased tickets. Money, debit/credit cards and ID are in a front pocket or one of those around the neck things that fit inside your clothes.

If I think I will need an umbrella or jacket I might carry a backpack.