Ovation Shakedown Cruise April 26-29, 2022

Baowen

On 4/7/2022 at 12:19 PM, sdsseattle said:

I’m not sure what you mean by sketchy. I have an updated booking confirmation from Royal Caribbean that shows $50 onboard credit. I was surprised to get that. I’m not sure what I would spend it for onboard other than gratuities. If it disappears so be it. I just wanted to give people the information in case it was the same situation for this cruise. 

Yes, OBC can be used for gratuities - or anything else that  you charge to your SeaPass account.

• Like 1

I received my reservation number, stateroom and edocs. We got a balcony!!!

Does anyone know if we will be able to order wine, spa services, or specialty dining online prior to the cruise?

Also, will we be able to use our Royal Caribbean credit card cruise points to add OBC and purchase bathrobes to be delivered onboard? My husband is due for a new waffle fabric robe. He loves them and his is so worn out!

• Like 1

Sounds like the ship is going to be a bit top heavy if everyone is on 12 and 13 😁...  or maybe they are just allocating from the top down?

I do wonder how we are going to be spread out on the ship and what the level of capacity is going to be??

My understanding is there will be no C&A benefits ... which makes sense if EVERYONE is at least Diamond/D+, which is sad as I'm going to be located really close to the Concierge Lounge!  So I presume no "nibbles" in the lounge in the mornings or evenings 😐...

I've got to go back and read the instructions for any dining reservations etc., I think there was something in the first round of documents, hoping to get to Wonderland and Jamie's at some point. 

16 hours ago, Iloveturtles said:

Also, will we be able to use our Royal Caribbean credit card cruise points to add OBC and purchase bathrobes to be delivered onboard?

Talked to Royal, we cannot use our Points from our Royal Caribbean Visa Credit Card for OBC or gifts for stateroom purchases. 

Edited by Iloveturtles

8 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

What are the masking requirements?

Went back to the Event information sent initially:

“masks should be worn at the cruise terminal during boarding and screening process as well as during disembarkation. ... observe local mask policies while in port.

onboard - masks are optional for fully vaccinated guests.”

Earlier in the document it states that all attendees must be fully vaccinated.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Has there been an indication yet if you need the ArriveCan app if you don't intend to get off the ship?

ArriveCAN is necessary to get into Canada from the U.S.  Doesn't matter if it's by car, plane or ship.

Edited by graphicguy

2 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

ArriveCAN is necessary to get into Canada from the U.S.  Doesn't matter if it's by car, plane or ship.

But if not getting off the ship you would never have contact with CBSA.  I'm hoping it won't be necessary.

10 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

But if not getting off the ship you would never have contact with CBSA.  I'm hoping it won't be necessary.

We live two miles from the Canadian border, so this is not an abstract tropic…

I would plan on having and using the ArriveCan app. You will be entering Canada whether you disembark or not. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bxc53 said:

We live two miles from the Canadian border, so this is not an abstract tropic…

I would plan on having and using the ArriveCan app. You will be entering Canada whether you disembark or not. 

We used to be neighbors.  There was a time I lived due north of you in Aldergrove.  I live in CA now.  I've got many friends in Lynden and all around Whatcom Co.

I plan on having and using the app but would rather not if I don't have to.  I don't plan on getting off the ship in Victoria and won't put the App on my normal phone.  I have a not in service iPhone 7 I could put service on temporarily to use the app and then delete and reset the phone after the cruise.  It's just extra work I don't need to do and would prefer not to.

Edited by Tree_skier

27 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Yes but if you never get off the ship you never have contact with CBSA.  Who would be checking you have provided the info to ArriveCan

I'm not exactly sure how this ArriveCan thing works on a cruise or if CBSA will be personally checking it on or off the ship.  Frankly, I'm thankful for CC in times like this because I've received nothing from the cruise line even mentioning ArriveCan. 

That said, you're still going to Canada and the ArriveCan website clearly states this is mandatory prior to boarding a ship destined for Canada.  Because of that verbiage, I think it's in your best interest to do it.  

35 minutes ago, Aquahound said:

That said, you're still going to Canada and the ArriveCan website clearly states this is mandatory prior to boarding a ship destined for Canada.  Because of that verbiage, I think it's in your best interest to do it.  

So here is the problem... The ArriveCan app and website only let you log your entry 3 days in advance.  My stop in Victoria on Ovation will be on Day 6.  So everyone will board the ship without being able to have done this in advance.  That will require everyone on the ship to do this.

Having witnessed the new e-muster drill and peoples inability to do that in a timely manner, evidenced by the constant reminders over loudspeakers.  How in the world does a cruise line expect to gain compliance with this if, they can't monitor it like e-muster, and they have no ability to know if you have done it.  What consequence would there be for not doing it? 

I just got off the phone with Republic Parking.  They are the company who runs the parking at Pier 91.  For anyone driving to this cruise, parking will be free.  Nice little bonus on top of the free cruise.  😁

• Like 3

Mmm ... slight issue for anyone planning trips on the Victoria stop.  The Travel Summary in the ticket package has Ovation in port 8:00 am to 5:00 pm on the 28th.  However the Victoria port schedule has Ovation arriving at 13:30 (1:30 pm) and leaving at 23:00 (11:00 pm) at North B pier, with the Ruby Princess having North B for the morning.  (I think this possible conflict was pointed out earlier in the thread somewhere?)

For anyone booking private tours for the AM, I would proceed with caution!

Also, it will be a busy day at the port, no matter what hours the ship is there for, with Radiance and HAL Eurodam in port as well, so plan accordingly, if utilizing cabs.  I have walked Ogden Point (Port) to Inner Harbour (start of downtown Victoria) in previous years (trying to remember timing, but would guess 20-30 mins each way).  Buses also run from just outside the port gate, C$2.50 each way.  I believe Canadian currency required (and probably correct change, which used to be the way!), I know Vancouver transit will take credit cards, but there is nothing on the Victoria website indicating that option. 

6 hours ago, Aquahound said:

I just got off the phone with Republic Parking.  They are the company who runs the parking at Pier 91.  For anyone driving to this cruise, parking will be free.  Nice little bonus on top of the free cruise.  😁

Thanks for the info. I was just about ready to contact them as website does not list our cruise date. Do we still need to call to make reservation or just show up on 4/26?

Just now, Bronco29 said:

Thanks for the info. I was just about ready to contact them as website does not list our cruise date. Do we still need to call to make reservation or just show up on 4/26?

Trust me, I saved you a lot of frustration.  Seattle freeze was alive and well with these people.  🙄

Long story short....just show up.  They aren't accepting reservations.  You'll just need to show proof of being on this sailing and parking for 3 nights is free.  🙂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aquahound said:

Trust me, I saved you a lot of frustration.  Seattle freeze was alive and well with these people.  🙄

Long story short....just show up.  They aren't accepting reservations.  You'll just need to show proof of being on this sailing and parking for 3 nights is free.  🙂

🙏

• Like 1