"LIVE" Majestic Princess, Back-to-Back, Apr 2nd to Apr 16th

LACruiser88

Slow is fine with me... Half the sites I use for work are entirely failing to load though, despite, as noted, things were working fine earlier in the week (even the previous sea day, or evenings when everybody's on board). Outside of a fairly minor difference in latitude, it's not like that much has changed. 

Looks like the testing is being done in fairly dispersed batches too; after missing mine last Thursday, I made a particular note to check the day this week, and it's Friday this time. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, tukogirl said:

Your port photos are lovely! They make me feel as if I were there! 

Probably too early, but I’d love to know passenger numbers for the cruise beginning on the 16th, if you don’t mind asking next week! 

Tonight, the Maitre'd told us that the April 9th sailing currently has 1,900 passengers.  The April 16th sailing is up to 3,100 passengers.  Quite the swing.

• Like 2

Just now, LACruiser88 said:

Tonight, the Maitre'd told us that the April 9th sailing currently has 1,900 passengers.  The April 16th sailing is up to 3,100 passengers.  Quite the swing.

Wow. That is quite the swing. Are you able to find out about the April 23rd voyage?

Were you able to find out if Leo Rossi will be on the April 23rd voyage. 
thanks for any recon you can get. 

• Like 1

On 4/3/2022 at 11:01 AM, jwattle said:

The reason for being short-staffed is NOT Princess trying to save money; it is the same as her...people not necessarily wanting to come back to work...they are either finding other work, wanting to stay with their families or a slew of other reasons. This is not a problem that is unique to Princess.

I would suggest that it is not that people don’t want to work, it’s more likely that they don’t want to work for such low wages. CEO wages jumped 16% in 2020 and 19% in 2021. Average worker’s compensation was just up 1.8 % and 2% in 2021. If companies want people to work for them they need to pay decent wages. Maybe CEO’s should take a pay cut. 

• Like 7

Tonight was the Captain’s circle party. Here are the approximate numbers for the top 3.

#1, 2527 days, #2, 1100+ days, #3 1037 days. The cutoff to make the MTG luncheon was 410 days , Number of elites this sailing 299. Over 1000 bluebies.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, culvercitycruiser said:

Wow. That is quite the swing. Are you able to find out about the April 23rd voyage?

We spoke to Leo this morning.  He will be on the Majestic for the April 9th and 16th sailings.  Then he will move to the Discovery.  Sorry!

I'll work on getting the passenger count for your cruise.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We had our swab up the nose this morning and we were negative.  Whew!!!  Our granddaughter will be very happy to see us when she boards the ship tomorrow.

While we were waiting in the dining room for the all clear sign, we saw at least 2 passengers that tested positive.

They were in separate couples and were quickly taken out of the room. I'm sure they were taken for a follow-up PCR test (we have experience in this scenario 🥺).  We wish them well...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Today was the MTG lunch in the Harmony Restaurant. This was my first MTG lunch where it was open seating, so no name cards and no individual menus. The Captain was    there for a photo but did not address the attendees along with some other officers who left after we were seated.

Appetizers were your choice of Lobster served escargot style or Beef Carpaccio. Mains were a choice of a Filet of beef wrapped in Bacon, Sea bass, or a Spaghetti dish for the vegetarian option. Dessert  was a coffee flavored mousse ? I heard one passenger talk to the head waiter saying hey, the dessert has coffee in it and my companion is allergic to coffee.

I did not take pictures. @LACruiser88, did you take pictures?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, wallyj said:

Today was the MTG lunch in the Harmony Restaurant. This was my first MTG lunch where it was open seating, so no name cards and no individual menus. The Captain was    there for a photo but did not address the attendees along with some other officers who left after we were seated.

Appetizers were your choice of Lobster served escargot style or Beef Carpaccio. Mains were a choice of a Filet of beef wrapped in Bacon, Sea bass, or a Spaghetti dish for the vegetarian option. Dessert  was a coffee flavored mousse ? I heard one passenger talk to the head waiter saying hey, the dessert has coffee in it and my companion is allergic to coffee.

I did not take pictures. @LACruiser88, did you take pictures?

No photos.  We were at the table with the very nice lady with a coffee allergy. 

We are not complainers, so we were not going to mention the event.  We had the worst service EVER at a MTG luncheon.  Enough said.. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, culvercitycruiser said:

I'm interested in the April 23rd sailing also. Looks like most balcony rooms are gone but a lot of mini suites & insides are open

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

We spoke to Leo this morning.  He will be on the Majestic for the April 9th and 16th sailings.  Then he will move to the Discovery.  Sorry!

I'll work on getting the passenger count for your cruise.

Thanks so much for checking with Leo. I was really looking forward to attending his sessions. 
thanks for working on the count. 

• Like 1

On 4/4/2022 at 9:33 AM, mina said:

We are on this sailing as well.  A lot of dinner reservations are goofed up and the dine line is not helpful.  Last night my table for four was changed to one person split across multiple tables…….  I know if have gained some weight, but really?  

It takes great talent to screw up a software program to that extent.

• Haha 1

This morning, the in-transit passengers were walked off at around 9:30.  There were approximately 50 of us.

We walked thru the facial recognition Immigration stands and then had to sit in the passenger terminal for about 45 minutes before being allowed to re-board. 

Apparently, there were two passengers somewhere onboard that had still not gotten off or their computer system was wrong?

• Like 1

We are a-rocking!  Yesterday afternoon, the Captain advised that the seas would be rough overnight and all day today.  He was correct!

We will be in San Francisco tomorrow.

If you are onboard or will be, Josh, in the International Cafe is quite the coffee artist.

Sorry, I cannot get the photos to post correctly?  What am I doing wrong?

Btw, the internet is back to its normal speed.

20220410_084346.jpg

Edited by LACruiser88
  • Like 8

14 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

We are a-rocking!  Yesterday afternoon, the Captain advised that the seas would be rough overnight and all day today.  He was correct!

If you are onboard or will be, Josh, in the International Cafe is quite the coffee artist.

20220410_084346.jpg

Someone on another forum said they were able to post pictures taken by their phone “sideways” correctly only if they first “rotated” the picture in edit mode at least one full 360 degree cycle. They said they didn’t have an issue if they held the phone upright when they took the picture. I know it sounds corny, but you might want to give that a try.

Update: at least rotate the “sideways” picture in edit mode to a position where it would appear like it was taken by the phone in an upright position.

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

Btw, the internet is back to its normal speed.

20220410_084346.jpg

that takes skill. I tried to do this at home and it looked like Frankenstein's monster

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Buckeye10640 said:

image.thumb.png.f93652a6850f6409830276ba1d2b152e.png

Is this a latte? Cappuchino? I always get my IC drinks in to go cups, i need to just sit there and drink one. I love the artistry!

It is a Cappuccino.  I always take a large black coffee back to the cabin for the DW.  Then, I go back and have my Cappuccino in Vines.  The life on a cruise ship!   🙂

• Like 7

On 4/8/2022 at 12:24 AM, wallyj said:

Over 1000 bluebies.

We were one of the first time Princess bluebies. Have cruised a lot of the other cruise lines and decided to give Princess a try last week on the April 02 cruise.

While we had a nice relaxing cruise, we are wondering how much the cutbacks have affected this cruise?

Our main issue was lack of entertainment or things to do.

The entertainment they had were good. Especially, the comedian and Darren Dowler. (Although, not sure why the comedian was in the main Theater 2 nights)

It just seemed not much was going on. Or should I say not a lot of choices. Seemed Vista Gaming Lounge was only open a few nights. Is this normal on Princess? 

Been on Celebrity and Norwegian since the Covid startup and never saw this problem. We had tons of options on them for entertainment.

Just wondering if some of Platinum or Elite Princess cruisers could reply about the entertainment last week compared to other Princess cruises.

36 minutes ago, rad798 said:

We were one of the first time Princess bluebies. Have cruised a lot of the other cruise lines and decided to give Princess a try last week on the April 02 cruise.

While we had a nice relaxing cruise, we are wondering how much the cutbacks have affected this cruise?

Our main issue was lack of entertainment or things to do.

The entertainment they had were good. Especially, the comedian and Darren Dowler. (Although, not sure why the comedian was in the main Theater 2 nights)

It just seemed not much was going on. Or should I say not a lot of choices. Seemed Vista Gaming Lounge was only open a few nights. Is this normal on Princess? 

Been on Celebrity and Norwegian since the Covid startup and never saw this problem. We had tons of options on them for entertainment.

Just wondering if some of Platinum or Elite Princess cruisers could reply about the entertainment last week compared to other Princess cruises.

Sorry, we can't be much help with your question, we rarely attend any of the shows anymore.

We tend to follow the venues that have live music.  Hopefully, others that are onboard or have been onboard recently can give you their input.

• Like 1

On 4/7/2022 at 8:20 PM, culvercitycruiser said:

The April 23rd sailing is currently at 3,000+ passengers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

Sorry, we can't be much help with your question, we rarely attend any of the shows anymore.

We tend to follow the venues that have live music.  Hopefully, others that are onboard or have been onboard recently can give you their input.

Well, the live music is part of the entertainment I am asking about.

On a Royal Class ship, such as the Majestic, is it normal to just have 2 live bands (mariachi and variety band) playing around the ship? 

I did hear a pianist which was good and I think there was a duet but never saw them.

One last note, how was the Winemaker's Dinner? I hope it was phenomenal! 

We were seated at Concertos a little before 6 near that table. It had already been set up. Although, for around an hour, 8 or 9 of the staff reseated silverware, glasses and napkins around the table continuously. They also took tons of photos. It wore me out just watching them. It seemed they wanted perfection and nothing less.

I really hope the dinner matched the prep.