Need Booster For Sailing On Carnival Pride TA

maryann2

Yes. First communications about the European sailings. I did some research and found Covid testing places in Barcelona and London but have decided to bring proctored Self Covid Tests to do in the hotel rooms prior to embarking and prior to flying back home. 

https://turoparkmedical.com/covid-test-in-barcelona/

https://www.londoncovidtesting.com/vaccinated/

https://www.emed.com/products/covid-at-home-testkit-six-pack?hsLang=en

2 hours ago, maryann2 said:

Received this information today for sailing on 24th April.

Sounds like all Carnival Pride sailings in Europe will require this.

Can you please post the information? 

I have not gotten a booster, but would probably get one if it was really a cruise I wanted. Glad I don’t have anything booked right now on Carnival. Luckily, my TA, on another line isn’t until Oct., so hopefully things change by then. My daughter and granddaughter just flew to Paris this week, and daughter needed a booster to go. Guess what? They never even asked to see her vax card when she arrived.

Edited by crzndeb
  • Like 1

We have 5 European sailngs on the Pride this summer and hope we don't need boosters because we will have to cancel.  I thought it was because the crossings were longer but the Barcelona trips are 10 11, and 12 days.  Ours are 9, 10, or 12.  Hope we know something soon.  Really hate to cancel since we will now lose all of the OBC from rebooking cancelled cruises. 

10 minutes ago, kicia said:

We have 5 European sailngs on the Pride this summer and hope we don't need boosters because we will have to cancel.  I thought it was because the crossings were longer but the Barcelona trips are 10 11, and 12 days.  Ours are 9, 10, or 12.  Hope we know something soon.  Really hate to cancel since we will now lose all of the OBC from rebooking cancelled cruises. 

From what I can gather, it's an Italy/Spain thing, not a length of cruise thing. If your cruise embarks, disembarks, or calls at ports in either of those countries, a booster may be required.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, kicia said:

It's a EU thing and Carnival doesn't appear to be offering refunds - only to reschedule or FCCs.

• 3 weeks later...

Carnival evidently sent out more info to TA cruisers yesterday, but not for the future Europe cruises.  I'm curious if there are any additional forms required by the various ports/countries for excursions?  Does anyone know if Carnival's email addressed that?  

1 hour ago, 80sGal said:

Carnival evidently sent out more info to TA cruisers yesterday, but not for the future Europe cruises.  I'm curious if there are any additional forms required by the various ports/countries for excursions?  Does anyone know if Carnival's email addressed that?  

I’m on the Pride TA 4/24.  We were informed recently that all guests over 2 years old will be tested at the port, and that is in addition to the required testing 2-3 days prior.  Also, since we’re stopping in Bermuda, we have to apply for and be approved for entry using the Bermuda Travel Authority form, which requires testing that doesn’t coincide with Carnival’s schedule.   All guests, whether getting off the ship or not, have to get Bermuda’s approval, which costs $40.

• Thanks 1

The following voyages require fully vaccinated guests who are more than 6 months past the last dose of their initial vaccine series to be boosted in order to sail.

• Carnival Spirit 16-day Carnival Journeys – April 17, 2022
  • Carnival Pride Transatlantic – April 24, 2022
  • Carnival Pride Barcelona departures – May 8, May 19 and May 29, 2022
  • Carnival Splendor 23-day Carnival Journey (Transpacific) – September 6, 2022
  • Thanks 1