Canadian sailings using VeriFLY

Carla3

I have an upcoming sailing next week from Vancouver. I was able to upload all my information easily on the VeriFLY App. Next step is to add my negative COVID test. Instructions state 2-3 days before sailing, however In Canada if you are using a rapid test it can only be taken one day before sailing. Does anyone know if the app will allow me to add test results with only one day before sailing?

2 hours ago, Carla3 said:

I have an upcoming sailing next week from Vancouver. I was able to upload all my information easily on the VeriFLY App. Next step is to add my negative COVID test. Instructions state 2-3 days before sailing, however In Canada if you are using a rapid test it can only be taken one day before sailing. Does anyone know if the app will allow me to add test results with only one day before sailing?

I think the 2 - 3 days refers to maximum number of days before your cruise you’re allowed to test (2 if fully vaccinated, 3 if vaccinated and boosted). We uploaded our COVID test and it was approved and showed up on the app within 2 hours. 

Effective 1 April 2022, the antigen pretest for embarking/originating in Canada is within two days according to Transport Canada.  All the news and/or info bulletins are dated 31 March 2022 or earlier and stated within one day.  

This is good news.  The time period for molecular tests (PCR, etc) remains within 72 hours of boarding.

Hopefully, the cruise lines will change this requirement sooner rather than later.  I see Royal Caribbean has 2 days vice 1 day.

Transport Canada Ship Safety Bulletin  (Pre-Embarkation Testing Requirements for Passengers):

https://tc.canada.ca/en/marine-transportation/marine-safety/ship-safety-bulletins/measures-support-safe-cruise-travel-canada-ssb-no-18-2021-modified-april-1-2022

PDF Version:

https://tc.canada.ca/sites/default/files/2022-03/SSB-18-2021E.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi all I’m being prompted by my cruise line to download the Verifly app to expedite check in. App Store reviews not so good. Some complain about Canadian users have issues. Any thoughts would be appreciated 

2 hours ago, redpear1 said:

Hi all I’m being prompted by my cruise line to download the Verifly app to expedite check in. App Store reviews not so good. Some complain about Canadian users have issues. Any thoughts would be appreciated 

I had no trouble with the app.   I was able to upload my California qr code easily.    

As another Ontarian, I couldn't upload my proof of vax using the automated procedure (despite the Verifly site saying that they accept Government of Ontario digital proof of vax), but I submitted it for the manual procedure, and it was approved within a couple of hours, so your mileage may vary. 

On 4/5/2022 at 9:25 AM, redpear1 said:

We did have problems with the app becoming unresponsive and had to delete and reinstall it to get it working properly. The boarding procedure with VeriFLY made it all worthwhile though - while others lined up to get paperwork scanned, we simply had our faces scanned and walked right on board. Took less than 30 seconds. Very easy.