Live On-Board Iona G208

DamianG

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

You put your phone into "airplane" mode, then switch on wifi.  You get connected to the P&O page, but to nothing else, so no chance of any charges.

thanks wowzz. That makes sense on how to do that. Usually airplane mode just turns the wifi off. Didn’t know I could do both. I’ve set my mobile to £0 spend cap too just in case they try to charge me 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

thanks wowzz. That makes sense on how to do that. Usually airplane mode just turns the wifi off. Didn’t know I could do both. I’ve set my mobile to £0 spend cap too just in case they try to charge me 

Setting your data cap to £0 is a great idea. I got caught out last week and got a £40 bill. Luckily it was capped at that. As the ship was pulling in to Zeebrugge I got a message from Vodaphone saying that I was now free to Roam as  I was in Belgium. 5 minutes later I got a message saying I'd incurred a £40 charge for connecting to the Maritime signal. It turns out I was only briefly connected to the local network. 🤬   

• Like 1

On 4/12/2022 at 11:21 AM, grapau27 said:

It is between 20-30 minutes when the LFT result text comes through on your phone.

Graham.

Or a full hour if you are me... I was very stressed thinking it must be because I am positive.😟Thankfully I wasn't.

• Thanks 1

On 4/13/2022 at 7:26 AM, Selbourne said:

On the ‘Updated Vaccination Policy’ thread, everyone is talking about how challenging it will be to obtain a test within 24 hours of embarkation, due to travelling down to Southampton the day before and the uncertainty about whether it is a strict 24 hours or means any time the day before. I had therefore assumed it is 24 hours. I was more focussed on the ‘booster within 270 days’ comment which was poorly articulated in the email.

To be honest though John, I have lost the will to live with it all. Mercifully, we don’t have any cruises booked for this year. If we did, I think I’d be cancelling. Half the joy of a holiday is looking forward to it. P&O seem intent on destroying that aspect.

Does anyone know when this kicks in? The info we have been sent by P&O to date (we sail saturday) says tests will be in the terminal. I have just been on their website and looked and its now saying anyone over the age of 5 needs a pre arranged antigen test and proof of negative status??? I am now worried we can't go as doubt we will get a test arranged before saturday. Argh 

11 minutes ago, Jonesthecat said:

Does anyone know when this kicks in? The info we have been sent by P&O to date (we sail saturday) says tests will be in the terminal. I have just been on their website and looked and its now saying anyone over the age of 5 needs a pre arranged antigen test and proof of negative status??? I am now worried we can't go as doubt we will get a test arranged before saturday. Argh 

Not until 29th I believe. If you are sailing this Saturday you are under the current system with testing at the terminal. Hopefully someone else can confirm?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Not until 29th I believe. If you are sailing this Saturday you are under the current system with testing at the terminal. Hopefully someone else can confirm?

That's how I have read it, we fly out on the 28th so am going by the current rulings.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

that’s what worries me. Not sure how I can put my wifi on without it trying to connect me to the internet. Don’t want to come back to massive charges. 

As long as you have your data switched off it will not result in any charge. 

Late again as usual.

Edited by terrierjohn

8 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

I only discovered that on this forum as well Vamps, this is a very useful forum, as well a gourmets delight following Graham and Paulines dining experiences.😉😇

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Selbourne said:

Thank you. it states one one section all passengers over 5 and then on another from the 29th April. very confusing though! 

10 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I only discovered that on this forum as well Vamps, this is a very useful forum, as well a gourmets delight following Graham and Paulines dining experiences.😉😇

Thank you John.

Breakfast this morning.

IMG_20220414_190628.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Pencil62 said:

Purplesea, are you flying to Malta? Have you managed to sort out the Malta plf? Is it straightforward? 

Yes, we are flying out to Malta. I haven't yet filled in the form, but have googled what is required and found this link

https://euplf.eu/Only_Passenger_User_Manual_EUdPLF_en_v2.pdf

I also need to fill it out for Italy as well!!

29 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Yes, we are flying out to Malta. I haven't yet filled in the form, but have googled what is required and found this link

https://euplf.eu/Only_Passenger_User_Manual_EUdPLF_en_v2.pdf

I also need to fill it out for Italy as well!!

Do you need to fill out the one for Italy before boarding in Malta  or can it be done later on in the cruise? 

On 4/14/2022 at 6:57 PM, terrierjohn said:

you are right. These forums are very useful. I just hope that I am of some use back 😂 

2 days to go then hopefully i can semi blog mine too.