Any ideas for new itineraries for 2024 or even 2025

Presto2

I'd love to see more Red Sea cruises returning to itineraries. Two of the first cruises I did were a Red Sea circuit (our honeymoon) and then Cyprus to Sharm via the Suez Canal, taking in 2 x Israel and 3 x Egypt stops. 

The Red Sea circuit is particularly nice, as you get to do Petra, and they could always extend it to include different stops further south. They always flog these based on the big monuments, but the coast of Egypt has fabulous snorkeling/scuba opportunities that could be offered. A stop somewhere near Marsa Alam would be very appealing to me (not close enough to destroy the reefs!). There is a national park down there too, perhaps one day. (I'm thinking long term, I doubt they have the facilities or interest at present) 

Also please some more Moroccan stops on the Canaries/Spain orientated itineraries. 

Yes, I'm a North African junkie. 🙂  

• Like 5

I've had a great idea - P&O could perhaps give us a couple of free nights on board.............well onboard any of their ships really and we could all put our ideas to them!

Molecrochip is this something you could arrange??🙂

Four or five years ago we managed to get an invitation to the 'press day' when then they first did the new Headliners show Astonishing, we had a fabulous afternoon and P&O looked after us exceptionally well.  The only problem was I almost cried when they made me get off.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Waju said:

I've had a great idea - P&O could perhaps give us a couple of free nights on board.............well onboard any of their ships really and we could all put our ideas to them!

Molecrochip is this something you could arrange??🙂

Four or five years ago we managed to get an invitation to the 'press day' when then they first did the new Headliners show Astonishing, we had a fabulous afternoon and P&O looked after us exceptionally well.  The only problem was I almost cried when they made me get off.

Great idea !

Few of my thoughts

new to me that I would like: 

Faroe Islands

Poland.

Cyprus.

Bermuda.

Been before and would go again or disappointed.

Iceland was great.

Cape Verdi was disappointing.

Helsinki was good.

Svalbard was amazing.

15 hours ago, pete14 said:

Also British cruise that just calls at islands, especially Scottish ones with an emphasis on history, culture and scenic. Small ship obviously. I remember calling at Kirkwall on Artemis which at the time was the biggest ship to dock there. On the quayside, a piper welcomed us and the leader of the council shook hands with everybody who left the ship. Maybe a change of emphasis needed for P&O but it may be worth it. 

Princess have stopped at Kirkwall for a few years on their Round British Isles cruises they do ever year and are the best British Isles cruises by far. We have done it 5 times and are doing it again stopping at Kirkwall in June and they are not on small ships.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, paulatsea said:

Few of my thoughts

Faroe Islands

Poland.

Cyprus.

Bermuda.

Iceland was great.

Helsinki was good.

Svalbard was amazing.

I fully agree with your choice of Svalbard. We went there on our first ever cruise 17 years ago and would love to go back. I think environmental pressures are preventing ships from going there in anything but small numbers. What is needed is a small ship <2000 passengers using clean fuel. Perhaps we should all chip in and buy a super yacht currently impounded from an oligarch and use that instead although I suspect it may run on Russian diesel.

Edited by pete14
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, pete14 said:

I fully agree with your choice of Svalbard. We went there on our first ever cruise 17 years ago and would love to go back. I think environmental pressures are preventing ships from going there in anything but small numbers. What is needed is a small ship <2000 passengers using clean fuel. Perhaps we should all chip in and buy a super yacht currently impounded from an oligarch and use that instead although I suspect it may run on Russian diesel.

I may be wrong but I believe there is now a restriction on the number of ships calling in Svalbard, on top of the environmental requirements.

2 hours ago, paulatsea said:

Few of my thoughts

Faroe Islands

Poland.

Cyprus.

Bermuda.

Iceland was great.

Helsinki was good.

Svalbard was amazing.

The Faroes are lovely but the cruise lines need to bring their influence to bear in respect of the 'traditional' dolphin hunts... 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, The Yorkshire Cruiser said:

India from Dubai would be great.

Like the ideas above of 7 night Ireland cruises from Southampton.

that would be great. 👍

Edited by paulatsea
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, paulatsea said:

Svalbard was amazing.

I would love to get to Svalbard.

We were booked to go on Arcadia in 2008, but my mum died the day before we were due to sail, so we had to cancel.  Since, then, it's never been quite the right time to go, as there were other cruises that we wanted to do.

But, if things had been different, we'd have been looking at Fred Olsen for a cruise that visits Svalbard, probably for 2023 ( if there was one available)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

We were booked to go on Arcadia in 2008, but my mum died the day before we were due to sail, so we had to cancel.  Since, then, it's never been quite the right time to go, as there were other cruises that we wanted to do.

But, if things had been different, we'd have been looking at Fred Olsen for a cruise that visits Svalbard, probably for 2023 ( if there was one available)

Sorry to hear that - we went with Fred to Svalbard- everything was excellent - a real adventure - and breathtaking.
Saga are going June/July I think this year.

Hope you get to go.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Yorkshire Cruiser said:

India from Dubai would be great.

Like the ideas above of 7 night Ireland cruises from Southampton.

Yes it would, we flew to Dubai on a world cruise section and Mumbai and Cochin were the first two stops.  I was a bit overwhelmed at the amount of people but I would love to go back now I am more 'well travelled' 🙂

• Like 2

We did Dubai to India a few years ago and it was great. We went on Aurora as part or her worldie. We also went on Cunard but not as good as P&O!! You could do Mumbai, Cochin and Sri Lanka. Happy days.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Fred does Svalbard at least once a year, but rings the changes on which port he sails from, which is great if you do not live near Southampton.  We have no advance bookings with Fred at present, but will keep an eye on any last minute reductions.  Svalbard seems to sell well though, so not much chance of a last minute bargain for that.  Always a risk re cabin location as well, since can easily end up low down at the back of the ship, where it can get quite noisy, especially going into port.  Should easily pick up some sort of offer re drinks, obc and/or tips though as those sort of offers come and go.

I would just like P&O to do some different ports of any type.  Even in the Med there are still a.lot of less commonly visited ports, though perhaps not for the newer monster ships.  Fly cruises are more our thing as well.  Shame they have not scheduled s return to sailing out of Dubai, if only for a few cruises and would be good to have some cruises sailing out of somewhere in the more Easterly Med.

Edited by tring
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, pennib said:

We did Dubai to India a few years ago and it was great. We went on Aurora as part or her worldie. We also went on Cunard but not as good as P&O!! You could do Mumbai, Cochin and Sri Lanka. Happy days.

Did you go in 2017 pennib?  That's when we went on Aurora.

6 hours ago, paulatsea said:

Heard Naples is a bit of a chaotic port ?

Naples is Italy ----- loud, busy, amazing food and wine, crazy drivers and traffic but just amazing and full of amazing people.

(Well as long as you avoid the back streets and take care 😉 )

It is the gateway to the Amalfi Coast, Pompeii and Herculaneum, Sorrento, Capri etc etc etc.

It is an amazing port

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Cathygh said:

Unfortunately the world segments don't offer anything in depth enough for me and there are too many sea days.

Tend to agree, too many sea days compared to port days, this was made worse when the total duration was reduced to 99 day for insurance reasons, also there is a lot of repartition of ports.

It begs the question of what will happen to world cruises? I believe the numbers of people doing the full voyage is decreeing year on year, some years ago the number given was 747 and I have heard lower numbers mentioned. Will the duration be increased so to cover more ports in the segments sailed to increase the attraction of the segments? I doubt that it will be viable to use a grand class ship in the future. So what will happen will world cruises just wither and die or will they be keep as a P&O vanity project?

Personally we don't fly and prefer longer winter itineraries so would like to see a come back of the grand voyages that focused on a specific region like Artemis and Adonia used to do. Still roughly 100 days but focused on for instance Asia or a circumnavigation of Africa etc meaning there was many more ports than a worldie… now they only seem to do a world cruise or around south America,

We also did a fabulous 6 week trip on I think Fred that was down to Rio Carnivale

Southampton-cape verde- Rio (5days)- devils island- Azores- Southampton

Best Itinerary that I’ve ever done by far was the Amazon with CMV, Aurora was there at the same time but Magellan went to more places in the Amazon than P&O have ever offered I’d love to repeat that although I'm hoping Ambassador will have me covered on that one.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Bill Y said:

Tend to agree, too many sea days compared to port days, this was made worse when the total duration was reduced to 99 day for insurance reasons, also there is a lot of repartition of ports.

Interesting I never knew that they cut the length due to insurance, strange though how none of the other lines doing worldies ex UK have the same insurance issue’s as their trips are all still over 100 days 

personally I think the numbers of people doing them would rise again if the lengthened them again so that each year could go back to a more varied itinerary from the previous one

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Waju said:

Yes it would, we flew to Dubai on a world cruise section and Mumbai and Cochin were the first two stops.  I was a bit overwhelmed at the amount of people but I would love to go back now I am more 'well travelled' 🙂

I you want to see more of India suggest a 7 day golden triangle tour combined with a cruise, we combined it with Dubai to Southampton but the tour can be combined with a sailing to the Far East. Note this was not a tour booked via P&O but offered as an option by a TA.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Bill Y said:

I you want to see more of India suggest a 7 day golden triangle tour combined with a cruise, we combined it with Dubai to Southampton but the tour can be combined with a sailing to the Far East. Note this was not a tour booked via P&O but offered as an option by a TA.

Got this booked for later this year with Azamara, golden triangle then a cruise around the Emirates