2 Adults & Toddler in Interior ??

bprincess702

Received a deal for $199 rooms on a 7 night ..... we already have 2 cruises booked in balcony rooms so taking this interior room is an extra trip for nothing practically!  We have a 3 year old and never cruised in interior rooms ..... too crowded? managable? don't take the promotion? 

Tried looking for pictures with 3 - or with a pack-n-play or crib but couldn't find much online. 

Any insight would help! 

Thanks!

It'll be tight, but doable.  It also depends on how much time you are going to be spending in your cabin.  Like nap times and such.  I found having a balcony was great because I could sit out there while my littles napped.  But at such a great rate, it's hard to pass up.  Life is too short; I just say DO IT!  

My brother and his family have done it twice. They mentioned the sideways cabins seemed roomier because of the layout. (but the beds are the first thing you see when you open the door if that's a problem for you)

• Like 1

thank you both! We've always done the balcony rooms but the promotion is a no brainer to take (and we get OBC too!) that I'm saying well let's rough it out for the 'next to free' cruise. 

Exactly how much are you in the room as it is anyway? easier said then done though!!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bollycats said:

My brother and his family have done it twice. They mentioned the sideways cabins seemed roomier because of the layout. (but the beds are the first thing you see when you open the door if that's a problem for you)

you don't happen to have a picture of the room w/ the layout or stuff do you? trying to guage just how much room it is.

1 hour ago, bprincess702 said:

you don't happen to have a picture of the room w/ the layout or stuff do you? trying to guage just how much room it is.

No, sorry. Hopefully someone else will have a picture or layout for you. I know others have said they like the sideways ones more too.

1 hour ago, bprincess702 said:

thank you both! We've always done the balcony rooms but the promotion is a no brainer to take (and we get OBC too!) that I'm saying well let's rough it out for the 'next to free' cruise. 

Exactly how much are you in the room as it is anyway? easier said then done though!!

delate

Edited by cruzsnooze

we've cruised with DS since he was 3, and most of it was in inside rooms. 

He is 11 and 5' tall now, and we are still fine in inside rooms.

That said, we had a cabin with a sofa on our first cruise, which was a better choice for a 3 yo than a pullman bed. DS started using a pullman bed starting with his 2nd cruise at 4 yo. He loves them, but he sleeps like a log, so we are not concerned with him falling off the upper bunk.

If your kid is 3 and you only get pullman beds in the inside room, you may either 1) use a pullman bed for an adult, or 2) move the two lower beds together into a queen and co-sleep with your kid. I am not sure there is enough space for you to pull a mattress off the pullman bed and put it between two lower bunks.

P.S. Unless your 3 yo is short, he/she may not fit into a pack and play. A standard pack and play is recommended for infants under 35" tall.

P.P.S. When DS was under a year old, we simply brought the foldable bottom matt from his pack and play with us on vacations and put it on the floor for sleeping.

6 hours ago, bprincess702 said:

which ship are you going to be on?

the best way to find images is to google ship name and cabin number or simply say interior cabin or sideways interior.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

7 hours ago, bprincess702 said:

Received a deal for $199 rooms on a 7 night ..... we already have 2 cruises booked in balcony rooms so taking this interior room is an extra trip for nothing practically!  We have a 3 year old and never cruised in interior rooms ..... too crowded? managable? don't take the promotion? 

Tried looking for pictures with 3 - or with a pack-n-play or crib but couldn't find much online. 

Any insight would help! 

Thanks!

The interior space of a Balcony cabin isn't much different at all than an Inside cabin space.

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

The interior space of a Balcony cabin isn't much different at all than an Inside cabin space.

i have an inflatable crib sized mattress figuring it’s a little bigger than a pack n play. Not sure if it will fit or not but better than the Pullman bed…. And of course co sleeping is an option. 

not much more room in a balcony? I’m surprised 

The best option for us when ours was little was bringing an inflatable mattress called a ReadyBed (in Australia). It has a built in sleeping bag, so no need for sheets. Just ask your cabin steward to not pull down the pullman bunk, leave it away for the whole cruise duration. We would lay it up against the wall during the day and at night, just lay it flat down next to the kind bed. But what we did to make a bit more room was we moved one of the bedsides tables out, and place it next to the other one, IYKWIM. Then you push the big bed up against the wall. I know his photo shows an oceanview cabin, but they will be the same size.

F0000043.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CDaze71 said:

The best option for us when ours was little was bringing an inflatable mattress called a ReadyBed (in Australia). It has a built in sleeping bag, so no need for sheets. Just ask your cabin steward to not pull down the pullman bunk, leave it away for the whole cruise duration. We would lay it up against the wall during the day and at night, just lay it flat down next to the kind bed. But what we did to make a bit more room was we moved one of the bedsides tables out, and place it next to the other one, IYKWIM. Then you push the big bed up against the wall. I know his photo shows an oceanview cabin, but they will be the same size.

F0000043.jpg

THANK YOU! Exactly what I was trying to see if it would fit. Not quite sure if we'd bump our heads into the pulldown bed on the wall though ha. 

9 hours ago, CDaze71 said:

F0000043.jpg

I have an inflatable airbed for kids I was going to bring - almost the same I guess. THANK YOU

• Like 1

Agree that the sideways cabins seem to have more space. 
Enchanted is mostly these now but some of the older ships have a few as well. 
(* we had twin beds and the space in between was enough for me to layout a yoga mat and participate in a full class)