Princess Shareholder question for Aussies

35 minutes ago, alibabacruisers said:

Has anyone who has been on Cunard done this?  We are contemplating buying the shares and wondered about that email.

It shouldn't be any different from the other Carnival Corp cruise lines. Use this email address: shareholderbenefit@carnivalaustralia.com 

• Like 1

Just wondering. We have a Carnival Cruise, a couple of Princess cruises, a P&O Australia cruise  and a couple of P&O UK cruises booked over the next 12 months. Can I apply for the Carnival Share benefit to be added to each of those cruises on one application and is the shareholderbenefit@carnivalaustralia.com address the best one to use.

Thanks in advance.

8 minutes ago, aussiecruiser66 said:

Just wondering. We have a Carnival Cruise, a couple of Princess cruises, a P&O Australia cruise  and a couple of P&O UK cruises booked over the next 12 months. Can I apply for the Carnival Share benefit to be added to each of those cruises on one application and is the shareholderbenefit@carnivalaustralia.com address the best one to use.

Thanks in advance.

They may not accept the request for ones too far in advance as they want to see reasonably current proof of shareholding. Cruises within a 2-3 month period are probably OK. 

That email address should work for all of them and it seems to be the only one they take any notice of.

• Like 1

Just now, aussiecruiser66 said:

Thanks Julie.
I have never received another statement since my original documentation showing that I have purchased my shares. Should I be contacting CCL about this??

I purchased my shares through ANZ Share Trading. I log onto their website and can download a current statement of my shareholding. That is what I send to Carnival.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, aussiecruiser66 said:

Thanks Julie.
I have never received another statement since my original documentation showing that I have purchased my shares. Should I be contacting CCL about this??

You should be able to get a statement from the broker you bought the shares from. It needs to show the date of the statement. Black out the account number though.

14 minutes ago, aussiecruiser66 said:

Thanks again Julie and Aus Traveller.

Aus Traveller, I bought my shares through ANZ Share Trading also. I have logged onto my account but can't work out which page to print. Could you please "walk" me through where to find the correct page to print.

Thanks

I wrote down the procedure so I wouldn't forget how to get the statement.🙂

1. on line go to  https://www.anz.com.au/personal/investing-super/online-share-investing

2. click on "share investing"

Log on with you ID number (your account number) and your personal password

3. click on "log on"

4. click on "account"

5. click on "stock holdings"

I hope this works for you.

4 minutes ago, aussiecruiser66 said:

Thanks for that. Tried it an it works and have printed out my statement. All set to apply for my OBC now👍😎

I blank out the account number then scan it. I insert the scanned document into the email rathercthan attaching it.

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I blank out the account number then scan it. I insert the scanned document into the email rathercthan attaching it.

I agree. Insert the document into the email. In my application before our June cruise, the Benefits dept claimed they hadn't got my shareholder's statement even though I had attached it to an email - sent a few times. They seemed not to be able to open an attachment. 🤣

• 3 weeks later...

Applied for our Share Holder benefit for our Nov 2022 Grand Princess cruise last Wed 17th August and received an email Sat 20th August saying that our $ 100.00 benefit had been applied to our booking.

I immediately checked online and sure enough it was there in our booking.

'shareholderbenefit@carnivalaustralia.com' was the email i used from the info on this post.

Thanks to all for the correct email to use.

Cheers,

Johhno.

Wow - I applied for my shareholder OBC late yesterday afternoon (first time applicant) for several Princess and P&O cruises this summer.  The OBC for my P&O New Year cruise was applied this morning.  Is this some sort of record - less than 24 hours?  Princess are yet to show up but fingers crossed they won't take too long.  First cruise is on 4th November. 

Have a gold star P&O Au.

11 minutes ago, Ondine said:

Wow - I applied for my shareholder OBC late yesterday afternoon (first time applicant) for several Princess and P&O cruises this summer.  The OBC for my P&O New Year cruise was applied this morning.  Is this some sort of record - less than 24 hours?  Princess are yet to show up but fingers crossed they won't take too long.  First cruise is on 4th November. 

Have a gold star P&O Au.

When I applied last May for the OBC for two P&O cruises and two Princess cruises, the P&O OBCs came through within hours. The Princess OBCs took a few emails and then a few phone calls.

• Like 1

I applied for Princess and P&O at the same time (different addresses) and got the P&O within 1 hour   3 days later got a message from Princess they wanted the attachment in a pdf   so I did that and attached it to another (reply to)  e mail  but still not heard anything  10 days later

5 minutes ago, windsor26 said:

I applied for Princess and P&O at the same time (different addresses) and got the P&O within 1 hour   3 days later got a message from Princess they wanted the attachment in a pdf   so I did that and attached it to another (reply to)  e mail  but still not heard anything  10 days later

Both times I inserted the scan of the proof of shareholding into the document and had a result back within a week.

Use the shareholderbenefit@carnivalaustralia.com  email address, not the Princess one.

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Both times I inserted the scan of the proof of shareholding into the document and had a result back within a week.

Use the shareholderbenefit@carnivalaustralia.com  email address, not the Princess one.

I will try again as we only have 3 weeks

12 hours ago, windsor26 said:

I had similar problems. I attached the shareholder's statement to my email to Princess. Weeks later I phoned a couple of times and was told they couldn't give me the OBC because they didn't have proof of the shareholding. I painstakingly explained that they had to click on the little 'paperclip' symbol to see the attachment. 😁 Still no go. Then I inserted my shareholder's statement into the email requesting the OBC. That worked. Best of luck.

I will get going through this dance again at the end of year when I have to apply again.