Solstice Smoking Area

Elvis1209

15 hours ago, RTShaker said:

If memory serves me correctly, the only place that cigars are allowed is on the port side aft next to the sunset bar.

While this is true, I have seen cigar smoking in the other smoking areas on board except the pool deck area.

• 7 months later...
On 4/9/2022 at 2:50 PM, Elvis1209 said:

I will be on Solstice in February.  Where is the smoking area?  I like to smoke a cigar every night.  

Elvis

Never mind!  It's not Solstice, it's Silhouette!  My bad!!!

Elvis

As cigar smokers, we love the smoking area at the Sunset bar on all S Class ships. It always surprises me how many people just gravitate to the Mast bar smoking spot , which is always packed, with uncomfortable chairs and full exposure, while the beautiful spot at Sunset, with cushioned big chairs and an overhang and bar, is half empty. Maybe i shouldn't advertise it though....

Edited by Smmessineo

This thread sparked my interest! I like to have a cigar every now and than, but as someone who has to travel from Canada into the US for a cruise, I'm limited to what I can bring, and not upset the board guards. I'll be flying into Fort Lauderdale to start a 7 day Cruise in Feb '23 going Leaving from Florida going to the Bahamas, Jamacia, Grand Cayman, and finally Cozumel. We have an excursion planned in Cozumel for a Small Group Cuban Cigar making class, which sounds great. But where is a good place preboarding or within the first stop to get a/some cigars? When I was on the Apex in Feb '22 we found that the shop onboard had Cigars, but I only found it the last night of the cruise, so didn't get anything. Seems the group here has some experience and could offer some tips? 

24 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Currently on Solstice and smoking area is Port Side Sunset Bar, Starboard Side Forward near theater on 5,  Mast Bar on Starboard.

That's true concerning cigarettes, but the OP is inquiring about cigar smoking.

14 minutes ago, Smmessineo said:

Right now on Equinox, the planner describes smoking areas and does not limit cigars to Sunset Bar only.

Surprised as they have in the past.  I was on Eclipse last May, and it was limited to Sunset Bar.  Not all obey the rules as I've seen folks smoking cigars on the pool deck.

• 1 year later...

Just be advised, it's next to impossible to light your stogie on a moving ship in the Sunset Bar, unless you have a torch lighter, and they are supposedly not allowed on the ship.  Lucky for me the bartender had one and would light my stick for me every night.

Elvis

8 hours ago, Elvis1209 said:

Just be advised, it's next to impossible to light your stogie on a moving ship in the Sunset Bar, unless you have a torch lighter, and they are supposedly not allowed on the ship.  Lucky for me the bartender had one and would light my stick for me every night.

Elvis

Good to know, I bring my torch lighter on my cruises and never had an issue. Not saying I won't just saying in the past it hasn't happened lol. I also read that I'm not supposed to have my torch lighter in my checked/carry-on bags when flying..... I also had no idea and have been flying with it with no issue. Now, of course, because I've found out this information I'm going to be caught lol, that's my luck.  

13 hours ago, cmaleblanc said:

Good to know, I bring my torch lighter on my cruises and never had an issue. Not saying I won't just saying in the past it hasn't happened lol. I also read that I'm not supposed to have my torch lighter in my checked/carry-on bags when flying..... I also had no idea and have been flying with it with no issue. Now, of course, because I've found out this information I'm going to be caught lol, that's my luck.  

I'm going to bring my torch on this trip, seeing I don't have to fly!  Where in Canada do you live?  I have friends that live in the Toronto area in Woodbridge.

Elvis

The staff usually won't say anything to those ignoring the designated smoking areas for cigars.  When we were on Solstice a couple of months ago, some folks were encroaching onto the bar area, and the head bartender back aft chased them back over to where they belonged, on the port side only.

Beach cigar on Ft Lauderdale Beach is the one we stop at as it’s only a couple of miles from the port 

17 S Ft Lauderdale Beach blvd #200. They don’t have a web site that I am aware of but google maps has some photos.

hope I didn’t break any rules posting their address……..

cheers

Edited by Joker54

On 1/13/2024 at 12:27 AM, Elvis1209 said:

I'm going to bring my torch on this trip, seeing I don't have to fly!  Where in Canada do you live?  I have friends that live in the Toronto area in Woodbridge.

Elvis

I'm in Newfoundland, funny enough when I order cigars, I have to get them from Ontario. We do not have much of a shipping/import for cigars in my part of the country. Thankfully I go on a cruise about once a year, and pick up a box or two and bring them home. 

On 1/16/2024 at 9:28 AM, cmaleblanc said:

I'm in Newfoundland, funny enough when I order cigars, I have to get them from Ontario. We do not have much of a shipping/import for cigars in my part of the country. Thankfully I go on a cruise about once a year, and pick up a box or two and bring them home. 

I was in Newfoundland last September and a few years ago.  It's like you said, next to impossible to find cigars!  Even in Quebec I couldn't find any!  

It must be could up there, eh? (Did you see how I snuck that "eh" in there?  Do you think I'd make a good Canadian?)

Elvis