Any way to communicate request for bed configuration prior to the cruise?

It really isn't necessary or usually not noticed even if you do put in this request.

Just tell your cabin steward when he/she checks in with you on boarding day and let him/her know. It'll be taken care of at turn down service. And if you don't see him/her just leave a note.

I agree with the above posts as even when it has been on the reservation for our grand daughters cabin the beds hasn't been separated before hand. The cabin steward when asked always did this when doing the turn down the first evening when we were all at supper. We don't even request this before hand anymore.

My TA said he doesn't think those requests are being conveyed to the ships anymore.  Evidently one large bed is the default position.  My DD and I have never had a problem getting the beds separated by telling the room steward (or even just leaving a note if steward isn't immediately available).

• Like 1

They changed a number of years ago and just put all the beds together.  If you want them separated, ask when you cabin steward comes by.  It will be done, typically around dinner time, but anytime you are out of the cabin.