Air to Sea didn't pay for our flights...now cancelled!

gdwest

I received a notice from Air2Sea this morning that our air reservations had been "changed".  Really no information given, so I access my Delta account with the confirmation number....cannot find conf#.  

Both Delta and Air@sea have long wait times; however, Delta did call me back (2hours later).  She said the 3rd party did not pay for the flights when due

therefore cancelled. Two of the six seats are reserved now..leaving 4 available.  

At this point, the get the four back plus 2 (which are not in the same row), I am making a reservation directly with Delta.

My daughter and I both had to call Air2Sea telling them to make the payment on our flights well after making our final payments.  I am not sure what is going on with them.  Luckily we both caught it before anything got cancelled.  Ridiculous!

• Like 1

Air 2 sea lost my tablemate's luggage. Well someone could have grabbed the wrong suitcase. The funny part is she works for rcl. Luckily has insurance but will be a pain. She accepted it and bought rcl tee shirts onboard and survived. Cozumel our first port she got some stuff. 

I dont know I would have been so forgiving. Doesnt make me anxious to fly.

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

Air 2 sea lost my tablemate's luggage. Well someone could have grabbed the wrong suitcase. The funny part is she works for rcl. Luckily has insurance but will be a pain. She accepted it and bought rcl tee shirts onboard and survived. Cozumel our first port she got some stuff. 

How does Air2Sea lose luggage? They don't have airplanes and they don't have baggage handlers.

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

How does Air2Sea lose luggage? They don't have airplanes and they don't have baggage handlers.

They booked it for rcl employee. You knew what I meant. 

I guess no one has responsibility to some people. .. song wasnt me playing in background. 

23 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

. You knew what I meant. 

No, and I still don't.

If I booked and paid for your airline ticket and the airline or cruise ship loses your luggage, I didn't lose your luggage just because I paid for your ticket.

• Like 5

update:  Air2Sea states that the Delta was cancelled because Delta had changed our flight

from leaving late afternoon to 11:15 a.m. and that we could not make the flight due to

ship arriving in port at 7 a.m.

With that being said...could we do self-debark and make an 11:15 a.m flight?

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Wait what on earth are you talking about?

I used to work at the Air2Sea desk at a major airline and we'd move heaven and earth to get luggage to the ship. My favorite story was when a family arrived in FLL without a bag. I did a trace and found it in Washington DC of all places.... Their cruise was departing in 4 hours. I called DCA and had the bag run over to an American flight that was moments from departing to MIA. Royal had someone waiting at the baggage claim to pick up that bag and drive it directly to the ship in FLL. 

Basically 4 hours before the cruise was to depart a bag was in Washington DC and because of Air2Sea it made the ship. 

• Like 8

Been to Alaska out of Seattle round trip 3 times, and the ship has always been early. We use the Valet service and see our bags when we arrive in Charlotte, NC. On the same plane as us. These are non stops. I don't know how it would word with change of planes.

...and the saga continues. I was frantically looking for options on Air2Sea when I noticed

that Delta Airlines was not an option on any of the cruises we have booked.  I did call

and asked if there was an issue with just Delta flights.  The rep. did say they are in negotiations

with Delta; however, could take several days.  😬

6 hours ago, gdwest said:

I received a notice from Air2Sea this morning that our air reservations had been "changed".  Really no information given, so I access my Delta account with the confirmation number....cannot find conf#.  

Both Delta and Air@sea have long wait times; however, Delta did call me back (2hours later).  She said the 3rd party did not pay for the flights when due

therefore cancelled. Two of the six seats are reserved now..leaving 4 available.  

At this point, the get the four back plus 2 (which are not in the same row), I am making a reservation directly with Delta.