What differences will i notice?

Royal is great, you will have a good cruise. In terms of comparing to Celebrity, the food is not as high of quality as Celebrity, the ships aren’t quite as luxurious, but are still very nice. Also more geared towards families on Royal, but on a TA likely not as many kids. 

Royal has more entertainment options and the bigger ships have a lot of activities.  And lots more options for free food.  Look at the ship-specific pages on the Royal web site to see what food and entertainment options apply to that ship.

56 minutes ago, Cruisingrampy said:

Only have cruised celebrity before and really enjoy it. But looking at a transatlantic on royal caribbean next year. What are the major differences ill notice other than size of the ship

Probably get more feedback if you listed the ship(s) you might try.  Big difference between the bigger and smaller Royal ships.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, topnole said:

Probably get more feedback if you listed the ship(s) you might try.  Big difference between the bigger and smaller Royal ships.  

Sorry my bad. So.for reference i just got off the apex and the cruise im looking at is on the anthem.of the seas

Hard to be specific without knowing the ship(s) you are considering, but in general Celebrity cruises are a lot more relaxing with outstanding service every where on the ship. Plus in my opinion the food is better on Celebrity. On the other hand RCI ships are a lot more active with literally too many things going on during the day and especially at night. I like both cruise lines but the onboard experience is significantly different in my book. 

It’s a massive generalisation but in a nutshell Royal = mass market, younger passengers, lots of families and Celebrity = slightly higher end, older passengers, fewer families.

Both do what they do very well but bear in mind the activities, entertainment etc are targeted at their respective markets.

Royal - particularly the larger ships like Anthem - can seem overwhelming to cruisers who just want a quiet life but if you’re up for a fun time and want to make the most of everything a huge ship has to offer, it can’t be beaten.

7 hours ago, Cruisingrampy said:

Sorry my bad. So.for reference i just got off the apex and the cruise im looking at is on the anthem.of the seas

We were on Apex in February and I was completely blown away by that ship.  We have over 60 cruises with Royal and 10 with Celebrity and I’ve always thought they were pretty equal cruise lines with Celebrity being a little more adult oriented.  Apex beat all of the other ships hands down.  Gorgeous, luxurious ship with amazing entertainment, some of the best I’ve ever seen.  

We just got off of Allure on Sunday and the ship seemed a little tired.  I think it is because I was comparing it to Apex.😂

Sherri🙂

Royal really caters to families, BUT since you mentioned a transatlantic, there are generally  few children.

I don’t think you’ll see huge differences in the two lines for that type of cruise. If your recent Celebrity Cruises have been on newer ships, you will definitely want to take one of the newer Royal Caribbean ships. Some of the older ones are little dated

We’ve taken longer Celebrity cruises, that had  good enrichment seminars. Royal has had some on transatlantics but not the caliber of Celebrity.

Also, we find the food on Celebrity to be a bit more creative/upper scale than Royal. 

If you are used to Blu on Celebrity, there’s really nothing comparable unless you take a ship that has a coastal kitchen restaurant and you sail in a suite. 

Best wishes for a wonderful and safe cruise. 

m

19 hours ago, Cruisingrampy said:

In addition, it would help if you listed what you do on board when cruising (attend shows, trivia, activities, where do you eat, what grade of cabin you book, etc).  And also your likes and dislikes of your past Celebrity cruises.  In other words, we don't know you, so it's hard to know what differences you will notice without "introducing" yourself.

Also, your age (and what age you act like 😄 ) and who you will travel with.

Edited by Another_Critic