Unlimited Dining Package Questions

Ciref

We are sailing on Oasis in July and have opted for the UDP.  I understand that Royal makes a courtesy reservation for you for the first night.  When and where do you go to make the reservations for the remaining 6 nights?  

The package also includes lunches on sea days.  When and where do you make those reservations?

Thanks,

Eric

As soon as you board, head to Central Park and go into one of the specialty restaurants (not all will be available) and make your reservations for the entire week, lunch and dinner. Whichever one is open can make reservations for ANY restaurant. Also take advantage of Playmakers and Portside BBQ which also are included on the UDP. Enjoy

Check out which restaurants are open for lunch on boarding day. For us, it's Chops that is open until 1:30, so we are using our UDP there to avoid buffet crowds. And to start taking advantage of the plan.

I use the app once on the wifi to make the reservations quickly.

Remember, you do not have to dine-in at the restaurants either, you can take your food to-go and enjoy in the Solarium, by the pools, your room and anywhere. Make the reservation and when you arrive let them know you'd like the meal to go.

Sailing Harmony in June with UDP. Does anyone who’s sailed recently have feedback on ability to get desired reservations once onboard? Concerned a full sailing in the summer will fill up specialty restaurants very quickly on day 1. Thanks in advance. 

It is almost impossible to find what the rules are for the UDP. I found it before and cannot find it now. What are the limitations on using the UDP in the BBQ, Izumi, etc? 

The next time I know what it is I will ensure that I save that link. 

TIA

2 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Thanks Biker19. I was looking for the exact rules, whatever, that spells it out for specific SRs. 

The "rules" should in the planner where you buy it and may look like this:

• Unlimited visits to specialty dining restaurants every night of your sailing and lunch on sea days.
  • For restaurants with a la carte pricing, you’ll receive a $20 food credit.
  • For ships with these venues, Teppanyaki/Izumi Hibachi is included, with a $10 surcharge, Chef's Table is included, with a $49.99 surcharge, and Dadong is included, with a $35 surcharge. These will be charged once onboard.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

• Unlimited visits to specialty dining restaurants every night of your sailing and lunch on sea days.
  • For ships with these venues, Teppanyaki/Izumi Hibachi is included, with a $10 surcharge, Chef's Table is included, with a $49.99 surcharge, and Dadong is included, with a $35 surcharge. These will be charged once onboard.

Thank you! I always buy the UDP. I just could not find that when I did go to RC site and look up Dining Packages. 

Thanks again! 

3 hours ago, HicksRA said:

I’d go up to Wonderland on deck 12 as soon as you board and make reservations there. Everyone runs to Central Park to make their reservations, but most don’t know where Wonderland is yet. 

SHHHH! 🙂 That's my plan for our Wonder TA.

Beth

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Aqualung22 said:

Sailing Harmony in June with UDP. Does anyone who’s sailed recently have feedback on ability to get desired reservations once onboard? Concerned a full sailing in the summer will fill up specialty restaurants very quickly on day 1. Thanks in advance. 

Just back from a week on the Wonder, 5218 passengers on board. We had booked three specialty restaurants before we sailed and was only able to get 9pm reservations. Got onboard at 1.30pm, went straight to Giovannis and changed our reservations to 8pm...no issue. On the evenings we went to the specialty restaurants (Chops, Hooked, 150 Central) they were only about 80% full...we could have easily walked in at anytime between 7-8pm. On the last night we went to Giovanni's at 7.30pm and walked straight in. We went to Wonderland and Mason Jar for drinks in the evening and they were never more than half full.

Unless you get a different crowd on Harmony I would say you should be able to book easily on day 1. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oxo said:

Would appreciate link to these qualifiers.

If you log into your booking, go to plan my cruise.  Once there click on dining and look for the UDP.  Once you are there, scroll down and see all the info you need.

6 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Yet there are many reports that the UDP works in Johnny Rockets, Playmakers, Vintages, the pubs, etc. Sea and port days.

So there seems to be more options than in the planner.

11 minutes ago, happy cruzer said:

Yet there are many reports that the UDP works in Johnny Rockets, Playmakers, Vintages, the pubs, etc. Sea and port days.

So there seems to be more options than in the planner.

I don't see where your quoted reply says that any of those things don't work? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, katiel53 said:

If you log into your booking, go to plan my cruise.  Once there click on dining and look for the UDP.  Once you are there, scroll down and see all the info you need.

Thank you!!!!!!!! I knew I had seen it somewhere. However, after I booked our UDP, I never drilled back down to that option. I did all kind of Google searches and could never find the details. 

Thanks again!!!

Stay Safe and Happy Cruising!!!

• Like 2