Washy washy....I missed you so muchy muchy!

rxlowry

I should've been posting about my Escape cruise on 4/2 but we jumped over the the Mardi Gras.  There's a review on that board if you want comparision from a Sapphire level NCL cruiser.  Some good but the bad....well no washy washy.   NOTHING.  No one monitoring buffet to encourage hand washing.  None when returning from port.  ICK.  I think this might trump the good.  The stories on the fb group too...wow.  

Ship was dirty too...so many glasses and plates left everywhere included stairs...so unsafe!!  

Oh and seems like a bunch returning with sickness or covid...including two from our group (husband is one)

But like I said, I wrote a review and a blog as well.  I think NCL is my mainstream choice.   Sad we didn't get to go on Escape.....so sad.  

• Like 5

3 hours ago, rxlowry said:

Some good but the bad....well no washy washy.   NOTHING.  No one monitoring buffet to encourage hand washing.  None when returning from port.  ICK.  I think this might trump the good.  The stories on the fb group too...wow.  

Ship was dirty too...so many glasses and plates left everywhere included stairs...so unsafe!!  

Oh and seems like a bunch returning with sickness or covid...including two from our group (husband is one)

But like I said, I wrote a review and a blog as well.  I think NCL is my mainstream choice.   Sad we didn't get to go on Escape.....so sad.  

I can't imagine anything good enough to balance that.
Sound like our daughter's CCL cruise many years ago.  Never been back.

I just have to say - the 'washy washy' folks on my cruise on the Joy last month were AMAZING.  They (or at least this one crew member) 'adapted' so many different tunes to be 'washy washy' tunes, they were a true joy to listen to!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, rxlowry said:

I should've been posting about my Escape cruise on 4/2 but we jumped over the the Mardi Gras.  There's a review on that board if you want comparision from a Sapphire level NCL cruiser.  Some good but the bad....well no washy washy.   NOTHING.  No one monitoring buffet to encourage hand washing.  None when returning from port.  ICK.  I think this might trump the good.  The stories on the fb group too...wow.  

I see Carnival hasn’t changed with the dirty dishes everywhere. January 2012 there were dirty glasses sitting on the ledge in the one stairwell. They sat there for almost the entire 7 days we were on the ship. 

I always seem to find myself in the minority, annoyed with the washy washy routine.  Feels like being talked to like I am a 3-year-old. The songs just make me cringe.  I have no problem with the hand sanitizing part.

Just off the carnival Vista last month, with 4100 people. It was clean, nothing out of the ordinary, and it seems like we all survived.  Amazingly, the wonderful stuff did not leave dirty dishes everywhere either.  

Looking forward to my NCL cruise next month. Not a fanboy of any particular line. Just cruise the best deal I can find! Just my two cents, be nice 🙂

16 hours ago, BklynBorn47 said:

I can't imagine anything good enough to balance that.
Sound like our daughter's CCL cruise many years ago.  Never been back.

I’d say the food and included beverages in package was better but it doesn’t balance out the lack of cleanliness.  I think for now NCL is my go to for a mainstream cruise.  It’s just a better all around fit for me although I am curious to try Holland America.  
People clearly need reminders though as I did not see the stations being used.  And as far as talking down, I’ve never experiences it more than on Carnival.  Threatening to close bars until all complete muster, threatening a sea day of people don’t wear their masks before reaching deck 4, arguing with passengers when a drink was made incorrectly, questioning my choice of drink (Negroni) numerous times before making it.   I view the person at the buffet as a friendly reminder for those with “vacation brain” who might forget to do so.   

We were on the Mardi 10/2021 and 3/2022. Walmart of the seas in many many ways. The 50th big celebration was a complete bust. Lots of hype. Have cruised ccl for many years. Used to be fun but too many things wrong.  We like other lines much better but was hooked into those dates. No mas on ccl.

• Like 1