the 30 day rule

jonthomas

4 hours ago, Jancruz said:

My favorite cabin is 8049 which was taken but on Regatta there is never any noise..but on Nautica I did hear noise..very strange..

I have been in 8049 between the two ships about 250 days..thanks for thinking about me and so sorry we didnt meet..

Jancruz1

Maybe next time!

For the many that emailed me or posted here.

I have heard back from the O rep, regarding the 30 day rule, post cruise. 

Management has decided that this rule no longer exists. Seems Club Ambassadors aboard O ships are giving out this information erroneously and will cease immediately. 

Those of you that were able to get it approved, must have just had good fortune. You must have gotten someone who did not know that  this rule is no longer in place.

As for me, I did not have the same good fortune. Not even a phone call from management to explain their decision. 

It would have been Good Will on the part of O, to grant my request, as I had put forth all the information and let them know exactly which Club Ambassadors aboard the various ships were offering this enhancement. No good will is coming my way.

Will I stop cruising O? Of course not. 

Am I disappointed with how this was handled? That is self evident.

Thank you to all of you that reached out in support.

Enjoy your cruising and hope that more good fortunes come your way. 

Edited by jonthomas
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Yes, we will be on board in November and will do my booking then for the new itins that come out on May 4. Prices may be up by then however. 

I also bought 3 future certificates and will apply them to anything for 2022, 2023.

I really dont understand when the  Press Release regarding this enhancement was changed. This would generate so many more bookings for O. I see it as win , win for them. People would book within 30 days pre cruise, on board and 30 days within arriving home after a cruise. I see it as win win for O. But I am just a lowly peon. However a whole lot of peons can  add up to a ton of revenue for O.

I see it as a missed opportunity for them. 

There is a topic here that says, O regularly monitors CC posts.  I hope they read this one. 

1 hour ago, jonthomas said:

Correction.

I dont have to wait till my Nov cruise to book others.  I can book 30 days prior to it. Hopefully this rule does not change without us knowing, as the other post cruise rule did. 

When you are in sales you you understand the need need to create urgency..when you allow people to book up to 30 days after their cruise you lose that urgency..so no..Oceania is not making a mistake the people that dont book on board miss the opportunity to get a better deal

My husband and I have been in sales all of our careers..and that has always been true..

Jancruz1

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SophieM said:

Couldn’t you make that same argument for allowing people to book in the 30 days before? My career was in sales, as well.

Not really..the urgecy is still there before..signing off this thread..

Jancruz1

3 hours ago, jonthomas said:

For the many that emailed me or posted here.

I have heard back from the O rep, regarding the 30 day rule, post cruise. 

Management has decided that this rule no longer exists. Seems Club Ambassadors aboard O ships are giving out this information erroneously and will cease immediately. 

Those of you that were able to get it approved, must have just had good fortune. You must have gotten someone who did not know that  this rule is no longer in place.

As for me, I did not have the same good fortune. Not even a phone call from management to explain their decision. 

It would have been Good Will on the part of O, to grant my request, as I had put forth all the information and let them know exactly which Club Ambassadors aboard the various ships were offering this enhancement. No good will is coming my way.

Will I stop cruising O? Of course not. 

Am I disappointed with how this was handled? That is self evident.

Thank you to all of you that reached out in support.

Enjoy your cruising and hope that more good fortunes come your way. 

I think at a minimum that O should have provided you with the same terms that others have received onboard. You did the homework to identify where this policy was still being implemented, including on your cruise. They should have honored the terms that have been provided to you on board your cruise. This is disappointing. 

• Like 2

For those of you who may be on a ship soon, check out this rule. If the Club Ambassador says it is in effect, get it in writing. Although I am told that even that would not help, since management trumps Club Ambassadors. 

This undermines consumer confidence in the product they hoping to purchase creating an uncertainty, no matter if you have it in writing or not. 

On 4/12/2022 at 2:03 PM, jonthomas said:

Policy should be available to the consumer, not just agents. 

That is why you hire an agent to represent you.....  and why I do not book on a cruise.    $100 is chupm change compared to what an agent can do  for me..   on  the ship, your in essence buying from the "company store"

That would be true if that was all I did. 

I book it with O and then turn it over to an agent who gives me a whopping rebate and OBCs. But yes for that, I do all else myself and enjoy it.

As for this issue, no agent could get me something management has overruled and says this NO longer exists and if they do, then  O practices very discriminatorily and they probably do. 

Different strokes for.......